Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 719924 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7337: Mar 08, 2020 10:37:55 am
      Fair enough . In your opinion then if it was a one off game to win the league or a cup who would you go with using current squad presuming all fit in Midfield ie your best Midfield ?

this is the problem for the RECORD it is a fact we have lost 2 just 2 league games in 67 and this season we have lost 1 game and drawn 1 game so I don't have an "opinion" I have facts that Jürgen uses all of his squad to great effect and those wanting a tweak here or a tweak there are just posting for posting's sake. We have posters complaining about Mo who score 7 goals every 10 games he plays for us and yet that's not good enough for some. We had season after season of Hendo being attacked on this very forum despite the fact he  was playing exactly in a way the manager wanted him to play. Seriously if your looking for faults in this team or with this manager then you have to question why you support this club because when this period of "success" is over what then
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7338: Mar 08, 2020 10:52:32 am
      If, and its a big if, teams have figured out how to neutralise our attacks then we have to get more creativity in midfield, on Wednesday I want us to be much more positive and direct than recent games and really slice through Atletico'defence, crosses won't work against them.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #7339: Mar 08, 2020 11:10:16 am
      this is the problem for the RECORD it is a fact we have lost 2 just 2 league games in 67 and this season we have lost 1 game and drawn 1 game so I don't have an "opinion" I have facts that Jürgen uses all of his squad to great effect and those wanting a tweak here or a tweak there are just posting for posting's sake. We have posters complaining about Mo who score 7 goals every 10 games he plays for us and yet that's not good enough for some. We had season after season of Hendo being attacked on this very forum despite the fact he  was playing exactly in a way the manager wanted him to play. Seriously if your looking for faults in this team or with this manager then you have to question why you support this club because when this period of "success" is over what then

1 I didn't ask for your opinion
      2. Find where I have dug out Hendo or Mo on  a regular basis
      3 Please dont question my loyalties to this club

I asked a F***ing simple question to a knowledgeable member who basically he would pick as his strongest midfield why are you ramming facts at me do you not think I know this you constantly get involved in very childish responses to peoples posts
      Kopite78
      Reply #7340: Mar 08, 2020 11:58:36 am
      1 I didn't ask for your opinion
      2. Find where I have dug out Hendo or Mo on  a regular basis
      3 Please dont question my loyalties to this club

I asked a f**king simple question to a knowledgeable member who basically he would pick as his strongest midfield why are you ramming facts at me do you not think I know this you constantly get involved in very childish responses to peoples posts

What makes you laugh is that during the last year ish of Rodgers tenure Walton along with a couple others were slagging off everything to do with everything at that point..
      His choice like as is if someone questions something now - if anyone else agrees or not it's just an opinion - but to pretend that he has never slagged anything off and hes the Bastian of unbridled support is quite funny

I personally trust 100% Jürgen, I'm not saying others dont like but I back him to work out anything.. whoever's he picks, however he sets us up.. if teams have worked a way to negate us at this minute, Jürgen will sort it
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7341: Mar 10, 2020 03:55:57 pm
      Bascombe tweets that Jordan is fit to return tomorrow.

I was trying to imagine the scenario where some physio or doctor approaches him at Melwood to say: "Right, you are coming along well but this game is just a little too soon for you. You'll have to miss it."

I think that might be followed by news reports of a missing medical staff member. "He just disappeared," said one insider. "The last anyone saw him he was talking to Hendo about tomorrow's match..."

I still like Fab, Gini and Hendo to start. I realize Milner did well on Saturday, but if he were to come I think it would be in place of Hendo. I think Fabinho and Gini are locks to start, despite Fabinho not quite showing his top form since return from injury.

This midfield will give us loads of possession, and Robbo, Sadio, Bobby, Mo and Trent will take care of the creativity. It's vital to keep Atletico out of our net.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7342: Mar 10, 2020 04:12:21 pm
      Bascombe tweets that Jordan is fit to return tomorrow.

I was trying to imagine the scenario where some physio or doctor approaches him at Melwood to say: "Right, you are coming along well but this game is just a little too soon for you. You'll have to miss it."

I think that might be followed by news reports of a missing medical staff member. "He just disappeared," said one insider. "The last anyone saw him he was talking to Hendo about tomorrow's match..."

I still like Fab, Gini and Hendo to start. I realize Milner did well on Saturday, but if he were to come I think it would be in place of Hendo. I think Fabinho and Gini are locks to start, despite Fabinho not quite showing his top form since return from injury.

This midfield will give us loads of possession, and Robbo, Sadio, Bobby, Mo and Trent will take care of the creativity. It's vital to keep Atletico out of our net.

No No No, that midfield is WAY to negative, yes we'd have possession and would be doing lovely sideways passes all game but it would create very little and Atletico could just focus on marking our front three and blocking Robbo and Trent and game done, safe in the knowledge that the midfield is impotent.

We have to have at least one attacking midfielder tomorrow, be that Keita, Ox or even Lallana
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #7343: Mar 10, 2020 04:46:42 pm
      No No No, that midfield is WAY to negative, yes we'd have possession and would be doing lovely sideways passes all game but it would create very little and Atletico could just focus on marking our front three and blocking Robbo and Trent and game done, safe in the knowledge that the midfield is impotent.

We have to have at least one attacking midfielder tomorrow, be that Keita, Ox or even Lallana

You had your more creative minded midfield for Watford and Chelsea games, we scored 0 goals, created next to nothing & were bullied for large parts of the game. Robby's midfield is the right one, providing of course Henderson is fit
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7344: Mar 10, 2020 05:34:44 pm
      You had your more creative minded midfield for Watford and Chelsea games, we scored 0 goals, created next to nothing & were bullied for large parts of the game. Robby's midfield is the right one, providing of course Henderson is fit

Watford is irrelevant as the whole team was sh*te, against Chelsea we made 7 changes incl 2 to the front line, despite that we created plenty of chances so Chelsea backs up my point, thanks.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #7345: Mar 10, 2020 05:35:54 pm

I’m sure that negative midfield won us the champions league last year, lost the league by 1 point & have walked the league this year..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7346: Mar 10, 2020 05:52:57 pm
      I’m sure that negative midfield won us the champions league last year, lost the league by 1 point & have walked the league this year..

Same midfield three all season, I don't remember that.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #7347: Mar 10, 2020 05:57:14 pm
      Watford is irrelevant as the whole team was sh*te, against Chelsea we made 7 changes incl 2 to the front line, despite that we created plenty of chances so Chelsea backs up my point, thanks.

Created next to nothing after for the final 75 minutes of the game after Chelsea got their first. Henderson, Wijnaldum & Fabinho is our big game midfield & it's gotten results in important PL matches & in a Champions League final
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7348: Mar 11, 2020 10:31:14 am
      Created next to nothing after for the final 75 minutes of the game after Chelsea got their first. Henderson, Wijnaldum & Fabinho is our big game midfield & it's gotten results in important PL matches & in a Champions League final

Oh wow don't use the CL final as a yard stick, that game was bloody awful, apart from the result ;-).
      I agree that Henderson, Wijnaldum & Fabinho is a very solid midfield, but against a mega defensive team like Atletico it lacks creativity, we MUST have an attack angle through the middle otherwise we'll end up crossing harmless balls into the box for 90 minutes.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #7349: Mar 11, 2020 10:52:04 am
      Oh wow don't use the CL final as a yard stick, that game was bloody awful, apart from the result ;-).
      I agree that Henderson, Wijnaldum & Fabinho is a very solid midfield, but against a mega defensive team like Atletico it lacks creativity, we MUST have an attack angle through the middle otherwise we'll end up crossing harmless balls into the box for 90 minutes.

Exactly. We got the result. Same result that would see us through tonight if we repeated it

Bear in mind we were also 1-0 up after about a minute so the need for any sort of direct / creative football was massively reduced from the second minute onwards
      Kopite78
      Reply #7350: Mar 11, 2020 11:02:37 am

If you play with two holders to counter the counter attacks then you play your full backs high up, narrow your three forwards and have your false 9 in a hole behind the other two then that's where your creativity comes from.. the full backs (there arent a better two than ours for that) and Bobby in the hole..

Dont fall into the trap that creativity can only come from your midfield

The less obvious your tactics are, the harder they are to defend

You can also have Gini breaking the lines and attacking late
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #7351: May 07, 2020 04:49:39 pm
      Jordan f***ing Henderson,bbc poty,Get the F**k in!!! I take full credit for this for telling him 'don't let the bas**rds get ya down',after a  Harvard training session back in 2012!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7352: May 08, 2020 12:04:33 am
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7353: May 11, 2020 05:17:11 pm

At this rate, he'll end up a greater captain than Gerrard.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #7354: May 11, 2020 08:25:24 pm
      https://twitter.com/JHenderson/status/1259925760678268928?s=19

BigMick formerly a poster on her got this from Hendo today.

Mick runs a pub in Wimbledon as some of you may know and he's done a lot of great work providing food for NHS workers and a weekly free online pub quiz.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #7355: May 11, 2020 08:43:57 pm

Mick runs a pub in Wimbledon as some of you may know and he's done a lot of great work providing food for NHS workers and a weekly free online pub quiz.

Brilliant that. Well done Mick
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #7356: May 11, 2020 09:23:20 pm

That's awesome, miss him posting but sounds like he's found a bigger purpose.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #7357: May 11, 2020 09:26:04 pm
      That's awesome, miss him posting but sounds like he's found a bigger purpose.

Yep.

He always seemed like a great guy when I spoke with him on here but following him on Twitter and he's an even better guy!

Pretty sure one or two on here have dropped into his pub over the years.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #7358: May 11, 2020 09:31:53 pm

I was sick in the bog.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #7359: May 11, 2020 09:36:47 pm

Funny I was thinking you had been there when I posted above mate.

Seems a great guy Mick.

Quick Reply