Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720090 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7383: Jun 28, 2020 08:19:04 am
      Certainly not the player Gerrard is, but a better captian for sure. Not just because he won the premier league, but because of the respect he garners, the sh*t he waded through to get to where he is now, and the desire he has for our / his club.

When you think stop and think about it, of course it would be Jordan who led us out of the fog and back onto our perch. I dont think its a coincidence that his tenure at Liverpool resembles in a lot of ways the last 30 years 🤔
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7384: Jun 28, 2020 08:45:54 am
      Certainly not the player Gerrard is, but a better captian for sure. Not just because he won the premier league, but because of the respect he garners, the sh*t he waded through to get to where he is now, and the desire he has for our / his club.

When you think stop and think about it, of course it would be Jordan who led us out of the fog and back onto our perch. I dont think its a coincidence that his tenure at Liverpool resembles in a lot of ways the last 30 years 🤔

sorry but can you expand on "the sh*t he waded through to get to where he is now", does he have some backstory of oppression or family issues etc I don't know about?

He is a very good captain and has become an important member of the team, I still wish he'd practice his finishing a bit more though.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7385: Jun 28, 2020 01:56:26 pm
      sorry but can you expand on "the sh*t he waded through to get to where he is now", does he have some backstory of oppression or family issues etc I don't know about?

Think people are talking about the amount of sh*te Henderson got playing for Liverpool when most didn't think he was good enough and the comparisons to Gerrard when Steven retired didn't help.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7386: Jun 28, 2020 04:12:15 pm
      I will only judge him when he plays for our reds and with our class around him. No more from me for now in this thread. this is getting like Carroll's thread!!! :(

And I was right nine years ago! Our Capitano!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7387: Jun 28, 2020 04:22:54 pm

He is a very good captain and has become an important member of the team, I still wish he'd practice his finishing a bit more though.

Read back through this thread to see the sh*t he has had to go through - I have no doubt you will see plenty of posts from you slagging him off
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #7388: Jun 28, 2020 05:26:41 pm

The kid has been under appreciated basically his whole time here.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7389: Jun 28, 2020 07:34:06 pm
      Please dont let him drag this into a debate.

There is no debate to be had. Great captain and great player. Nailed on player of the season in our best ever league season.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #7390: Jun 29, 2020 09:19:51 pm
      Captain of one of the greatest sides we’ve ever had, not bad for a lad who runs from his knees!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7391: Jun 29, 2020 09:36:21 pm
      Read back through this thread to see the sh*t he has had to go through - I have no doubt you will see plenty of posts from you slagging him off

Ah yes but do you really think any player cares what we think, I doubt it. I'm very happy to have been proven wrong on Jordan, he has improved massively the last few years.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7392: Jun 30, 2020 01:15:31 am
      On ya Skip!

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #7393: Jun 30, 2020 06:03:39 am

When your Jordan Henderson, you can do anything. Even throw your feet on the couch with your shoes on.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7394: Jun 30, 2020 09:41:20 am
      Ah yes but do you really think any player cares what we think, I doubt it. I'm very happy to have been proven wrong on Jordan, he has improved massively the last few years.

Good on you.

1 down about 50 more to go to go back and look at the embarrassing old comments and admit they were wrong.

Still buzzing for Jordan. A man so successful he has his own patented trophy lift.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #7395: Jul 09, 2020 10:42:38 pm
      Bad un I reckon could be a couple of months never good when they walk off and grimacing
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #7396: Jul 09, 2020 11:13:10 pm
      Sounds like around 8 weeks. Fingers crossed there’s no ACL damage....
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #7397: Jul 09, 2020 11:19:39 pm
      Big blow.

At least Hendo has time to recover and will helpfully be fit again for the start of next season.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7398: Jul 10, 2020 06:50:52 am
      Hope hes back for the start of the new season. Get back soon El Capitano.

Well played on an incredible season
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7399: Jul 10, 2020 08:11:55 am
      Hope hes back for the start of the new season. Get back soon El Capitano.

Well played on an incredible season

He's earned a good rest and we really should be able to cope without him, good to have Milner back now.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7400: Jul 10, 2020 12:56:16 pm
      Klopp says no surgery for Hendo.

But I missed the very beginning of the presser. Is he out for the remaining games this season?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7401: Jul 10, 2020 01:23:16 pm
      Klopp says no surgery for Hendo.

But I missed the very beginning of the presser. Is he out for the remaining games this season?

Last I saw, it's one of those "we don't know yet, and have to wait for it to settle" things.

He's definitely strained knee ligaments, now it's about the extent of the damage, but right now, he's out for the rest of the season, and possibly the start of next season, because of the quick turnaround.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7402: Jul 10, 2020 01:33:59 pm
      Last I saw, it's one of those "we don't know yet, and have to wait for it to settle" things.

He's definitely strained knee ligaments, now it's about the extent of the damage, but right now, he's out for the rest of the season, and possibly the start of next season, because of the quick turnaround.

OK. He gave an update about an hour ago in his presser, but as I say, I missed the very beginning and just heard him finish with "no surgery."

He should be fit to lift the trophy!

EDIT: Just updated on the official site:

"Klopp told his pre-match press conference: “Hendo is actually really the best possible of all the bad news. It is a knee injury, but no surgery needed.

“He will not play anymore in the latter stage of this season but I am pretty positive he will start with us the new season. We were all concerned in the moment we saw him in going down and when he left the pitch and stuff like this.

“Yesterday when we got the news, it was a big relief for all of us. It is not cool, obviously, but it is the best we could get. Hendo will be back; he is a quick healer and he will be back soon.”
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7403: Jul 10, 2020 01:37:51 pm
      OK. He gave an update about an hour ago in his presser, but as I say, I missed the very beginning and just heard him finish with "no surgery."

"Klopp told his pre-match press conference: “Hendo is actually really the best possible of all the bad news. It is a knee injury, but no surgery needed.

“He will not play anymore in the latter stage of this season but I am pretty positive he will start with us the new season. We were all concerned in the moment we saw him in going down and when he left the pitch and stuff like this.

“Yesterday when we got the news, it was a big relief for all of us. It is not cool, obviously, but it is the best we could get. Hendo will be back; he is a quick healer and he will be back soon.”

That's some good news anyway.

Thanks for the update - saved me looking for it ;)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7404: Jul 10, 2020 01:44:01 pm

Caught the presser, some c**t ask klopp about minamino saying it's not all about stats but he hasn't scored or assisted yet,  would have got both barrels from a kind hearted man like me.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #7405: Jul 10, 2020 02:43:47 pm
      Better news than I’d expected

Quick Reply