Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720230 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7452: Nov 08, 2020 09:59:27 am

I've been looking back at some old posts, and its amazing how much grief he used to get in the earlier years of his time with us.  I always tried to back him, but sometimes I weakened and admitted he only seemed to pass sideways!
      There's am old thread called 'We need to talk about Hendo' or something like that.  It's staggering to look back at now.

The man is now as irreplaceable as Stevie G was.  There, I've said it.   

I hold my hands up to being one of the doubters in the early day’s... but I always thought he could grow with the club and my god had he grown! (then again I also thought Downing and El Zhar had more to offer but was proved wrong with them)
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #7453: Nov 08, 2020 02:02:56 pm
      If there is one positive we got from this whole pandemic thing it's little details like these. It just makes you realize how huge this man is for our team.

You always get told about vocal leaders and their importance on the pitch but a clip like this one with nothing to cover Hendo's voice just brings all that to life and gives you a pretty good idea of what Klopp and other people at club mean when they say ''Hendo is a leader'' or ''Hendo is an essential part of our team''.

That's the type of stuff that makes a player run an extra 15-20 yards when his lungs are already bursting. The type of stuff that makes a young guy like Curtis know he's backed by a solid captain who will absolutely rip into him for his mistakes but also shout ''I looooove ittt, good job Curtis!!'' at the top of his lungs for him giving that little extra physicality in a challenge in the middle of the park and winning the ball.

Love you Hendo!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7454: Nov 16, 2020 09:41:50 am
      He was subbed at half time, hope he will be fine for Saturday.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7455: Nov 16, 2020 09:55:39 am
      Any update or official statement?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7456: Nov 16, 2020 10:33:51 am
      This is the player I think we struggle to replace more than anybody else.

His leadership qualities the drive he plays with and the drive he inspires in others is irreplaceable. I fully believe this man has become world class. Speedy recovery to him and yet another injury. As I've said on other players threads, sadly there will be more to come yet.

1 more international to go.
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #7457: Nov 16, 2020 08:05:11 pm
      Been released by England to be assessed tomorrow
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7458: Nov 20, 2020 02:29:32 am
      For fucks sake!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #7459: Nov 20, 2020 10:22:37 pm
      Well at least he can't do any more damage! let's hope his time back at the ATC is fruitful
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #7460: Nov 20, 2020 11:16:37 pm
      Hate these Internationals, especially when there is risk of injury to players, such as the calibre of Jordan Henderson, who's number one priority should obviously be the club they represent.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #7461: Nov 20, 2020 11:40:54 pm
      Hate when he's not out there on the pitch.

Please let it only be 1 game FFS!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7462: Nov 21, 2020 09:54:57 am
      Hate when he's not out there on the pitch.

Please let it only be 1 game FFS!!!

He's out for 4 games  :f_whistle:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7463: Nov 21, 2020 11:38:34 am

In all seriousness there must be something a bit strange with how our players are training and/or recuperating because we are getting FAR more injuries than other teams. Some serious questions need to be asked about team selections, rotations, physios etc.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #7464: Nov 21, 2020 11:46:33 am
      In all seriousness there must be something a bit strange with how our players are training and/or recuperating because we are getting FAR more injuries than other teams. Some serious questions need to be asked about team selections, rotations, physios etc.

Not really. All teams get injuries we have been very lucky the last two seasons to keep a mostly healthy squad.

We're just not so lucky this season with the VVD and Thiago injuries which were both from reckless and malicious tackles. We have players like Matip, Shaq, Ox, Gomez and Keita who are just injury prone. Other than that we are fine. The congested fixture list will have an impact on all clubs this season which is why most want to bring in the 5 sub rule now.
      Kopite78
      Reply #7465: Nov 21, 2020 11:54:38 am

Wasnt there a table recently that showed all injuries clubs have and city have more than us? And then the other clubs with european commitments also have high numbers of players out?

I think you're looking for something not there, it's simply that our players ( and other top clubs) regularly play 2 matches a week
      Add that to the fact that they have had no break between seasons, no pre season, now away on international duty

Something had to give, but it hasnt because everyone is in need of money

The internationals,  well the FAs need the money, the Euros didnt happen and lucrative games have been cancelled

F**k off the league cup, cant the lower league clubs will go bankrupt

Start the season late. Cant, the Euros in next summer so it needs to be even more compact and therefore strain on the players,especially the better ones

Play kids to give the stars a rest. Cant we have a league to win, and the fans wont take that as a whole, youd have fans like Heimy moaning if we did that and lost

Rest Trent. Would love to have done, but Virgil got crippled so we need stability especially as Gomez moved to left side so the young kid who comes in plays on his strong foot, playing Neco alongside Rhys would be almost too much to ask and would get targeted by teams and then fans like Heimy would be moaning why is Trent on the bench

A fair few of our injuries have been impact injuries as well, could happen any time, no physio can see the Pickford, Richarlison challenges coming or Joe doing a tendon in training under different physios

Unfortunately this is a knock on of the world situation, the club is doing it's best to manage it but it's near on impossible with the pressure they face from all angles
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7466: Nov 21, 2020 01:52:56 pm

I very much disagree, it was always going to be the case after the 7/9 months of hell the country has been going through, and still is.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #7467: Nov 21, 2020 02:59:45 pm

Serious questions to the fella that brought the title home after 30 years? Aye alright!!

Not hard to work out, haven't had the same level of pre-season fitness training Klopp would normally put our lot through, hence a lot of muscle and strain issues similar to when Klopp came into the club.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #7468: Nov 21, 2020 11:56:11 pm

F**k off c**t!  :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7469: Nov 22, 2020 03:09:44 pm

You mean go away....  :lmao:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7470: Dec 20, 2020 07:59:11 pm
      Anyone voting for Jordan tonight
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7471: Dec 20, 2020 09:55:36 pm
      Hard luck Jordan
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 648 posts | 83 
      Reply #7472: Dec 20, 2020 09:57:33 pm
      Congratulations Jordan, well deserved. Coming second in that award is a massive achievement
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #7473: Dec 20, 2020 09:58:27 pm
      Anyone voting for Jordan tonight

Got 4 votes from my house. I just wanted to see the fume from the sh*te and both sets of Mancs but the little tax evader got the most votes
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #7474: Dec 20, 2020 10:13:59 pm
      Got 4 votes from my house. I just wanted to see the fume from the sh*te and both sets of Mancs but the little tax evader got the most votes

Always going to be difficult to win the main award given the Mancs and the Everton fans were going to vote for Hamilton to stop him

Quick Reply