Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720760 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,956 posts | 8458 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7797: May 15, 2022 02:41:34 am
      Legend status secured if it wasn't already.

Lifted the lot as skipper.

Acknowledge him!!

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1525571522064265216
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #7798: May 15, 2022 03:19:37 am
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #7799: May 15, 2022 03:58:59 am

I love that he started off with the big one, then went smaller and smaller.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #7800: May 15, 2022 07:05:48 am
      What a captain reminds me of the mighty Emlyn Hughes our most underrated captain.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #7801: May 15, 2022 09:41:25 am
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #7802: May 19, 2022 09:24:06 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7803: May 19, 2022 09:39:32 am
      he really is the foundation of our recent success he goes about his job without fuss he really is Jurgens eyes and ears on the pitch.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7804: Jun 26, 2022 05:54:49 pm
      Jordan has been a true leader and put in a strong performance for the club.

I wonder if his starting position in the team is under threat for this coming season.
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2022 07:46:47 pm by Robby The Z »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7805: Jun 26, 2022 06:38:18 pm

I wonder if his starting position in the team is under thread for this coming season.

think Jürgen knows how much he can get out of him and his experience maybe used for the bigger games. Whatever happens he will give his all.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 275 
      Reply #7806: Jun 26, 2022 06:39:46 pm

I wonder if his starting position in the team is under thread for this coming season.

I think he's still in the starting 11 for the big games. Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson is still the best midfield 3 in my opinion. But there will be a lot of rotation and he'll probably play less minutes.

Is it an option to use him more as backup for Fabinho?
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2022 07:27:31 pm by gazred »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7807: Jun 26, 2022 07:50:14 pm
      I think he's still in the starting 11 for the big games. Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson is still the best midfield 3 in my opinion. But there will be a lot of rotation and he'll probably play less minutes.

Is it an option to use him more as backup for Fabinho?

It's an option but I think he is better as a box-to-box midfielder.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 275 
      Reply #7808: Jun 26, 2022 08:15:25 pm
      It's an option but I think he is better as a box-to-box midfielder.

I agree that the more advanced midfield role is his best position but we have a lot of players who can fill that role- Thiago, Elliot, Jones, Ox, Naby and possibly Carvalho if Klopp wants to play him there and not in the front 3.
      We only have Hendo and Milner to cover Fab so he might be needed more as a DM.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #7809: Jun 28, 2022 04:15:32 am
      I wonder if his starting position in the team is under threat for this coming season.

Unless we buy another midfielder I don't see Hendo having to be worried about his starting position being in jeopardy. Last year by the end of the season we regularly start three of Hendo/Ketia/Thiago/Fabinho and I would expect it this season with the hope that either Jones/Elliott/Carvalho can make breakthrough to become regular starter. Milner will make a few starts but I can see him being off the bench option and Ox (assuming he is stays) will rotate in and out of match day squad.

Hendo played most minutes out of all the midfielders and at his age would be nice to not have to rely on him playing 50 games this season.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #7810: Jun 28, 2022 03:42:45 pm
      Unless we buy another midfielder I don't see Hendo having to be worried about his starting position being in jeopardy. Last year by the end of the season we regularly start three of Hendo/Ketia/Thiago/Fabinho and I would expect it this season with the hope that either Jones/Elliott/Carvalho can make breakthrough to become regular starter. Milner will make a few starts but I can see him being off the bench option and Ox (assuming he is stays) will rotate in and out of match day squad.

Hendo played most minutes out of all the midfielders and at his age would be nice to not have to rely on him playing 50 games this season.

I agree with all of this, barring we continue to run a 4-3-3. Hendo is a magnificent player, and even better captian. A lot of what he does goes unnoticed, and the documentary did a solid job showing that.

However, with a true number 9, I could see Klopp going to a 4-2-3-1, like he ran when he had a number 9 at Dortmund. I think Bobby would benefit from this and would have a big role to play coming from the deeper center attack. If we go with a 4-2-3-1 Hendo will still play, just not as much. Thiago and Fab are our top 2 in MF atm. No shame in that as both are world class.

All of this is a big if though, and Hendo is still going to be as vital as ever no matter what formation we run
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7811: Jun 28, 2022 03:54:44 pm
      Jordan has had a good summer break this season he will have the fire in his belly for another season chasing the oil doped Mancs.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #7812: Jun 28, 2022 04:58:07 pm
      Hendo's days as a nailed-on starter are numbered, though.

This upcoming season, sure, he should be a regular starter alongside Thiago and Fabihnho as our best 3, but midfield is probably next in line for a refresh. I expect next summer we'll see midfield activity and bring in a young, high-quality midfielder who will be one of the regular starters going forward, displacing Hendo who will be 33yo by then.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 275 
      Reply #7813: Jun 28, 2022 11:05:27 pm
      I agree with all of this, barring we continue to run a 4-3-3. Hendo is a magnificent player, and even better captian. A lot of what he does goes unnoticed, and the documentary did a solid job showing that.

However, with a true number 9, I could see Klopp going to a 4-2-3-1, like he ran when he had a number 9 at Dortmund. I think Bobby would benefit from this and would have a big role to play coming from the deeper center attack. If we go with a 4-2-3-1 Hendo will still play, just not as much. Thiago and Fab are our top 2 in MF atm. No shame in that as both are world class.

All of this is a big if though, and Hendo is still going to be as vital as ever no matter what formation we run

I don't think 2 in midfield and 4 attacking players can be a regular starting formation for us. Fab-Thiago with another 4 attacking players in front is not defensive enough. Maybe Bobby could be ok but he'd be playing as a midfielder not a 10. Our team is very fluid with Trent also moving into the centre a lot so the formation is less fixed anyway.

In the last 2 seasons we've moved to a more possession based game, I think 3 midfielders in necessary for this. That will probably still be Thiago, Fabinho, Hendo in the big games with Naby and Elliot getting a lot of games and the others getting a few as well.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #7814: Jul 03, 2022 10:42:00 am
      I don't think 2 in midfield and 4 attacking players can be a regular starting formation for us. Fab-Thiago with another 4 attacking players in front is not defensive enough. Maybe Bobby could be ok but he'd be playing as a midfielder not a 10. Our team is very fluid with Trent also moving into the centre a lot so the formation is less fixed anyway.

In the last 2 seasons we've moved to a more possession based game, I think 3 midfielders in necessary for this. That will probably still be Thiago, Fabinho, Hendo in the big games with Naby and Elliot getting a lot of games and the others getting a few as well.

I completely agree, I don’t see too much changing with the introduction of Nunez. He can certainly be a target for crosses and may play a little more centrally but he is mobile and played often as an inside left last season so I still think we will see the same mobility and fluidity in attack that we have become so accustomed to.

I’m sure Klopp will continue with his favoured midfield three and a possession based approach and that Hendo will be very much a key member of the three. We play with so much more control when he is the side, several times season there were games where he didn’t start and I was shouting at the tv to get him on, and then as soon as he is on we keep the ball better, the oppo drop off and we’re on the front foot. He really has developed into a terrific player who is still imho underrated by our fan base.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread (M)
      Reply #7815: Aug 03, 2022 05:23:27 pm
      Don77

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #7816: Aug 03, 2022 07:03:12 pm

Yep. Nothing but respect for our captain, as a player, a leader and a man. Lucky to have him. People call players legends too easily these days. But Henderson will truly go down as a legend.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #7817: Aug 31, 2022 09:33:07 pm
      I'm sorry but what the F**k was he doing during that sub tonight??? Proper odd one.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #7818: Aug 31, 2022 10:06:54 pm
      I'm sorry but what the f**k was he doing during that sub tonight??? Proper odd one.

Yep, complete momentum killer that IMO.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #7819: Aug 31, 2022 10:08:12 pm
      I'm sorry but what the f**k was he doing during that sub tonight??? Proper odd one.

I think he was waiting for the third sub to get confirmed so he could tell everyone who was coming off to go off.

Also thought Milner should get the armband but goes to VVD instead.

Quick Reply