Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720132 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread (M)
      Reply #7843: Sep 20, 2022 09:53:19 am
      Jürgen whenever he sees Southgate's number calling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7844: Sep 20, 2022 10:27:33 am
      This one time Im glad hes away with ungurlaaand he will get some training and maybe some minutes as a sub, hopefully coming back to LFC match ready.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #7845: Sep 20, 2022 10:31:06 am
      I'm not a fan of this. Should have been left here to build up his fitness and make sure he's ready for the next game.

Can someone please explain to me the point of the nations league aside from money. This competition should be an u21 competition. Its a joke. If international football was an entity I'd go down happily for arson.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7846: Sep 20, 2022 12:19:52 pm
      I'm not a fan of this. Should have been left here to build up his fitness and make sure he's ready for the next game.

Can someone please explain to me the point of the nations league aside from money. This competition should be an u21 competition. Its a joke. If international football was an entity I'd go down happily for arson.

Fans and clubs were tired of friendlies so they invented  a new competition to take up the rest of the international dates (and take a few more in the summer).
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #7847: Sep 20, 2022 12:33:57 pm
      Fans and clubs were tired of friendlies so they invented  a new competition to take up the rest of the international dates (and take a few more in the summer).

Yep and dangle some qualification spots for major tournaments to make it worth nations while (especially mid to lower level).

The idea itself it pretty good, just with so many games it just adds more for the players. We have the same idea in my region (CONCACAF) as qualification for Gold Cup and gotten positive reviews.

Also non-european nations have been complaining about it because they want to play Euopean teams as preparation for World Cup but with nation league obligations they are unable to.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7848: Sep 20, 2022 01:33:55 pm

Nations league has been great for Scotland.

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #7849: Sep 20, 2022 05:59:25 pm
      Just read he’s in the England squad which is a surprise. Has the time come for him to retire so he can finish his swan song year/s at the club?

A lot of the England players probably believe that they have a decent chance of winning the world cup. He probably believes there is a small chance of being in a team that lifts the world cup. If Harry Kane got an injury and slabhead continues to play badly at United there is even a chance he could be the captain, doing his shuffle before picking up the trophy. Hendo and all of us know it's very unlikely but I can understand why he wants to keep chasing the dream for another few months.

I think he should retire from international football after the world cup.

« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2022 09:59:32 pm by gazred »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7850: Sep 24, 2022 11:00:55 am
      Aye, he Probably will retire from international footi after wc.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #7851: Sep 24, 2022 06:49:29 pm
      Aye, he Probably will retire from international footi after wc.

Just as well, Jordan's priority should be keeping as fit as possible for his club, having suffered a fair amount of injuries in his career.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7852: Oct 10, 2022 07:59:10 am
      Not a pretty sight seeing him being run around so easily without laying a glove on the opposition.

We all know he is not the best going forward but could always put in a defensive shift but now that the legs are saying no way it ain’t great.

As I said at the time a poor decision to give him a 4 year extension, just imagine him in 18 months!

Thiago has not been great either but at least he can pass a ball.
      RiderJake
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #7853: Oct 10, 2022 08:17:46 am
      A lot of the England players probably believe that they have a decent chance of winning the world cup. He probably believes there is a small chance of being in a team that lifts the world cup. If Harry Kane got an injury and slabhead continues to play badly at United there is even a chance he could be the captain, doing his shuffle before picking up the trophy. Hendo and all of us know it's very unlikely but I can understand why he wants to keep chasing the dream for another few months.

I think he should retire from international football after the world cup.

I guess this confidence in a good chance of winning the World Cup comes before every World Cup. And to several teams at once :)
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #7854: Oct 10, 2022 02:52:29 pm
      Not a pretty sight seeing him being run around so easily without laying a glove on the opposition.

We all know he is not the best going forward but could always put in a defensive shift but now that the legs are saying no way it ain’t great.

As I said at the time a poor decision to give him a 4 year extension, just imagine him in 18 months!

Don't agree with you on this mate. Hendo's been pretty good this season, including yesterday. We miss him badly when he's out.

Thiago, as you say, can pass a ball. But he was also at fault in all 3 Arsenal goals (not talking about the penalty award so much as the missed chance to clear the ball before it got that far). His jogging back for their second, while 2 Arsenal players + Nunez sprinted past him, as highlighted on MOTD last night, was something you don't see from Hendo.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #7855: Oct 10, 2022 03:21:09 pm

Henderson wasn’t at fault for any of the goals yesterday and has played well this season - he was swamped yesterday
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7856: Oct 10, 2022 04:00:33 pm
      Don't agree with you on this mate. Hendo's been pretty good this season, including yesterday. We miss him badly when he's out.

Thiago, as you say, can pass a ball. But he was also at fault in all 3 Arsenal goals (not talking about the penalty award so much as the missed chance to clear the ball before it got that far). His jogging back for their second, while 2 Arsenal players + Nunez sprinted past him, as highlighted on MOTD last night, was something you don't see from Hendo.

Henderson has been good this season? 🤣

I suggest you start watching a few games mate, apart from the odd game like v Rangers he has been just as bad as anyone else.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #7857: Oct 10, 2022 08:39:56 pm

I suggest you start watching a few games mate, apart from the odd game like v Rangers he has been just as bad as anyone else.

He's not been sensational, but he's been ok. He's not part of the problem, put it like that. We could do with a few others showing his level of commitment and concentration.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7858: Oct 10, 2022 09:01:25 pm
      He's not been sensational, but he's been ok. He's not part of the problem, put it like that. We could do with a few others showing his level of commitment and concentration.

Funny that how then has he made the least number of tackles or interceptions cf to Thiago and Fab.

You seem to misunderstand concentration and commitment it’s not someone charging around and being out of position, hence not in the right place to make important challenges.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #7859: Oct 10, 2022 09:18:15 pm

Played one half decent game against a Championship level team in the form of Rangers and people think he's had a decent season.

Been absolutely awful.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #7860: Oct 11, 2022 09:09:43 pm
      Funny that how then has he made the least number of tackles or interceptions cf to Thiago and Fab.

You seem to misunderstand concentration and commitment it’s not someone charging around and being out of position, hence not in the right place to make important challenges.

No, it's somebody getting back into position as quickly as possible when the play gets turned over (and then making good decisions when they get there). Watch all 3 Arsenal goals to see Thiago jogging back on 2 of them, and then trying to dribble back towards his own goal under pressure in the box and giving it away to Sako for the 3rd. Hendo has better concentration and commitment in the sense that he not only works harder, but he doesn't do slack stuff like that.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #7861: Oct 13, 2022 07:39:30 am

He will be how people view Milner coming on when a change is needed, unnecessary.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7862: Oct 13, 2022 09:56:49 am
      our midfield has been poor this season and not sure how much better they can get. It has been chopped and changed regularly so a settled 3 might help as its been changing because of injuries all season. Hendo is another player who's injuries may have caught up with him
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #7863: Oct 14, 2022 01:53:15 pm
      Any news on what he was supposed to have said v arse, and have the fa or anyone else reacted to it 🤷‍♂️
      RiderJake
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #7864: Oct 21, 2022 07:24:29 am

Yeah, the guy's not very visible in the game. But I wouldn't go so far as to say that he's become bad. Maybe less noticeable, less bright like he used to be.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #7865: Oct 22, 2022 07:45:13 pm
      I wonder why the captain of our club did not start the game today. What's that all about? If Jürgen doesn't see him as a regular starter then that is another problem.

Should have started today. He's the captain ffs.

Quick Reply