Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 719960 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread (M)
      Reply #7981: Apr 22, 2023 08:51:35 pm
      Didn't see the game but he's getting a lot of stick on Twitter.

Had to be phased out over the summer. Support player next season

He wasn’t that bad , was doing a lot of pressing higher up , trying to support Mo , it was one of those games where it needed a bit more than graft at times.

It seems like some just looking for someone to be critical about when the team doesn’t play great. The player who should be getting some stick is VVD .
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #7982: Apr 23, 2023 03:40:46 pm
      No idea how someone so invisible managed to stay on for the full 90 mins 🤷‍♂️

He has been poor for quite some time now. No influence on the game.

He gets in the box, but you can be 90% he won't hit the target, dribble a player or make an assist. What's the point?

He should not start any more. When you see how good Modric and Kross still are at their age and how they overran us, it's clear that Henderson should not be a starter any more. Good leader, but not enough today.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #7983: Apr 23, 2023 03:47:19 pm
      Reminding me so much of Glenn Johnson before he was sold, was so poor and he stood out like a sore thumb.

Henderson I still think has a role to play as the next Milly but he should be nowhere near our starting midfield next season if we are to move forward and improve.

Been a great player over the Klopp years, just hope his time with the club can end positively and not with invisible performance after performance.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #7984: Apr 29, 2023 05:41:55 pm
      I feel like a traitor if I ridicule him and I shouldn't do because I need to be realistic in what is going to be required to be the best. Mane and salah combo and Firmino doing magic stuff, being unselfish with Robertson and Trent in top form was the thing that made all the goals happen and those cup wins also pushing the league to it's full potential even the times we never won it, well the cup wins last season were goalless!? Mentality in penalty shootouts too then.
       Our midfield has been lacking all the time Klopp has been here and it's never been addressed because we had the two full backs providing so many assists and forwards who can make things happen on there own.
       I'd like to move on from the Henderson thing really, he's not a very good football player if truth be told, his energy inspiring other players was valuable in the past but how are they really going to respect someone who is so negative in their own play? The amount of times he turns to the side or face his own goalie even right up in the attacking third is criminal. He has bottle or bravado but he doesn't have bottle or faith in his own ability because he's a shitbag when attacking or taking the chance himself and I don't mean blasting the ball over the goal which is a hobby he has. pass the buck player, I want us to get and have better than this, things are going to change and we do have to change.

gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #7985: Apr 30, 2023 02:56:35 pm
      We should always remember that Hendo has been 1 of the great Liverpool players and captains. He's won everything, lifted the trophies.
      He never been 1 of our most skilful players but he's been 1 of the most important. His passing and positional play has been underrated by most fans, probably because his main job has been running and tackling. He's lived in the shadow of Stevie G for all of his Liverpool career but I still think we would have won the league under Brendan if Hendo had not been banned.

He's getting older, slower and needs to move from starting 11 to squad player but we still need to have respect for what he has brought to the team over years of hard work. He never complained or gave less than 100%, even after we tried to sell him.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #7986: Apr 30, 2023 10:11:26 pm
      We should always remember that Hendo has been 1 of the great Liverpool players and captains. He's won everything, lifted the trophies.
      He never been 1 of our most skilful players but he's been 1 of the most important. His passing and positional play has been underrated by most fans, probably because his main job has been running and tackling. He's lived in the shadow of Stevie G for all of his Liverpool career but I still think we would have won the league under Brendan if Hendo had not been banned.

He's getting older, slower and needs to move from starting 11 to squad player but we still need to have respect for what he has brought to the team over years of hard work. He never complained or gave less than 100%, even after we tried to sell him.

Splendid post and so very true, well said gazred.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7987: May 11, 2023 08:51:50 pm
      according to Hendo he is as fit as ever and has plenty left in the tank and our woes this season are not the midfields fault. Just play Hendo and let your performances speak for themselves.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #7988: May 12, 2023 08:05:14 am

I'm not a big fan of Hendo but it's a good post gazred mate.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #7989: May 28, 2023 10:39:32 pm
      Great servant for the club but time catches up with everyone....Think he's lost too much physically.  Sad, but that's what I see.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #7990: May 28, 2023 11:26:48 pm
      I think next season will be Hendo's last playing any substantial football for us. Then he will go the way of Milly as a bit part player off the bench until he retires.

Will still be very valuable as a positive influence in the dressing room.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #7991: May 28, 2023 11:27:00 pm
      He will move to the Mily role of coming in and mopping up the final 5-10 minutes next season.

Gazer made a great post that summed Hendo up as a pkayer. Couldnt have said it better. Hes the best CAPTIAN for this club that I have ever seen
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #7992: May 28, 2023 11:30:42 pm
      He will move to the Mily role of coming in and mopping up the final 5-10 minutes next season.

Gazer made a great post that summed Hendo up as a pkayer. Couldnt have said it better. Hes the best CAPTIAN for this club that I have ever seen

I would agree with that. I would go as far as saying if you took the qualities of being a leader and mentally incredibly strong and resilient Hendo would never had anything like the career he's had. For some players that's size of the difference it makes.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7993: May 29, 2023 09:59:52 am
      if he is fit and up for the fight he is going to be a driving force. But this season he has been in and out and injured I would think more of him if he dropped England now to get a few more years challenging for titles with Liverpool but I fear the England thing will be his downfall
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7994: May 29, 2023 10:11:28 am
      if he is fit and up for the fight he is going to be a driving force. But this season he has been in and out and injured I would think more of him if he dropped England now to get a few more years challenging for titles with Liverpool but I fear the England thing will be his downfall

Probably his last season but he should now come out state he’s retired from the national team. That way you lot will get more game time with him.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #7995: May 29, 2023 12:17:26 pm
      He was always a very limited, basic  footballer but one with an engine who got by with hard work.

He lost his legs ages ago and he can no longer offer anything.

In our prime under Jürgen, we had the best defence in the world while having the best attack too, so we didn’t need anything from the midfield apart from energy to glue them both together.

Now we have a shaky back line and our attack is sh*te so we require more from the midfield. More protection and more creativity and we’re now seeing that Henderson isn’t particularly great at either.

All players lose their legs but they never lose their ability or game intelligence if they’re a top player. Pirlo never needed legs for example. Gerrard lost his but because of how good he was on the ball he still had plenty to offer.  Henderson doesn’t. He was never that standard.

Good servant to the club, achieved great things, but if we are going to move forward he needs dropping out the 11. I think klopp might have some stubborn loyalty for him though.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7996: May 29, 2023 08:47:54 pm
      Shocking lately won’t take control of the ball passes as quick as he can, wont shoot, finished for me
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #7997: Jun 10, 2023 02:33:32 pm
      Just read that Jordan Henderson will be at West Ham next season.
      Don't know how many grains of salt this info is worth.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #7998: Jun 10, 2023 11:46:39 pm
      I'd be willing to bet Hendo if fit plays more games than he misses next season. He's not quite ready for the Milner role just yet.

New recruits will be phased in over time especially if they are younger lads from different leagues.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7999: Jun 11, 2023 09:42:26 am
      if we want to beat that shower from last night we need to be brutally honest and if we are then we have to admit Hendo's legs have gone he just isnt the driving force on the pitch anymore. Two years left on his contract W.Ham would kill for someone with his experience especially if Rice goes for mega bucks. Think Jürgen is a bit too loyal to let him go.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #8000: Jun 11, 2023 09:56:49 am
      Just read that Jordan Henderson will be at West Ham next season.
      Don't know how many grains of salt this info is worth.

Yep he will be at West Ham at least once next season , not sure the exact date yet , might also be twice if we get drawn against them in the cup
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #8001: Jun 11, 2023 10:23:22 am
      Yep he will be at West Ham at least once next season , not sure the exact date yet , might also be twice if we get drawn against them in the cup
      ......or 3 times if we draw them in both domestic cups....or even 4 times if we draw them in the later stages of the Europa!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #8002: Jun 11, 2023 10:39:50 am
      ......or 3 times if we draw them in both domestic cups....or even 4 times if we draw them in the later stages of the Europa!

Of course - potential for 4 times Hendo will be at West Ham next season
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #8003: Jun 17, 2023 07:28:27 pm
      « Last Edit: Jun 18, 2023 12:01:40 am by Lallana in Pyjamas »

Quick Reply