Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Alexander Milosevic (AIK)

Read 4257 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Jun 12, 2011 09:33:26 pm

English eyes on Swede

By Richard Torgerson
      Last Updated: June 12, 2011 9:06pm

A host of Premier League sides are reported to be chasing Swedish defender Alexander Milosevic.

The likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Sunderland are all thought to be tracking the full-back.

A number of scouts are believed to have watched the 18-year-old in action against Malmo on Sunday.

Milosevic's agent, Nenad Lukic, admits he is aware of interest from England in the defender, but insists there has been no offers for the teenager.

"I know that there are English clubs that are interested but we haven't heard anything concrete," Lukic told Aftonbladet.

"We respect AIK (Solna) too. They were courageous enough to give a young player the chance to play in the starting eleven."

Solna's sporting director, Jens Andersson, knows there are clubs chasing Milosevic, but he refused to reveal their indentities.

"I know that there are several clubs that follow him but I never comment on specific clubs, noted Andersson.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11695_6986558,00.html
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Re: Alexander Milosevic (AIK)
      Reply #1: Jun 14, 2011 09:42:16 pm
      Well I have no clue about this lad. Anyone ?
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #2: Jun 14, 2011 09:43:54 pm
      Never heard of him.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Jun 14, 2011 09:47:34 pm

Hasn't done anything worth noting in about 5 years.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #4: Jun 14, 2011 09:51:39 pm
      Well I have no clue about this lad. Anyone ?

He is a 19-years-old, 6'3'' central defender for AIK Solna and the Swedish U-21 team ... This is his first season at senior level ... If he is to come here, he would probably be in the Reserves ...
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #5: Jun 14, 2011 09:53:21 pm
      None of my Serb mates have a clue.

Two interviews with him on youtube but that's about it.  Turned 19 in January and is 191cm tall.

According to facebook he likes How I Met Your Mother and I saw some pictures of him and he looks like a centreback.  Would also fit in with our policy of only signing scary people without much hair, does the jury rule he would be a good signing?

The fact we've never heard of him and the fact he might be a good signing, kinda means our scouts are doing their job.  Well done team.

edit: From wiki

At Vasalunds (2009 so when he was 17) he mainly played in central defense but was also used in central midfielder. During the 2010 season he scored 5 times for Vasalunds IF, one from a penalty kick.

On the first of February 2011, he signed with AIK for 4 years after a long and drawn out process that incuded training with DjurgÃ¥rdens IF.  He has also trained with Scottish club Celtic and Serie A club Fiorentina.

When AIK defender Per Karlsson got injured during pre-season training, Milošević was selected to play from start in the first home game of the 2011 season against Mjällby AIF. AIK won the match and Milošević recieved alot of attention, not only for being named man of the match, but also for suffering from a martial arts inspired kick to the head from Mjällbys Peter Gitselov.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Sunderland all have scouts keeping a very close eye on the young defender.  AIK's director of sports Jens Anderson admitted: "Several clubs from England are following him."

double edit: by all reports, he is indeed a centre back, F**k I'd make an awesome scout - I told you all he looked like one.
      « Last Edit: Jun 14, 2011 10:16:33 pm by vitez »
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #6: Jun 22, 2011 06:16:10 pm

According to the Swedish press, our scouts are continuously watching him ...

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/sverige/allsvenskan/aik/article13215529.ab
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #7: Jul 20, 2011 08:46:54 pm
      Milosevic keen on Reds move
      Swedish defender reported to be of interest to Dalglish
      By Richard Torgerson.      Last Updated: July 20, 2011 6:36pm

Dalglish: Reported to be interested in young Swedish defender Milosevic
      Sky Bet

Liverpool's Next Match
      Liverpool4/9
      Draw11/4
      Sunderland7/1
      Barclays Premier League Winner 11/12
      £5 Free Bet
      Swedish defender Alexander Milosevic would welcome an approach from Liverpool, according to his agent.

Reports in The People claimed that Reds boss Kenny Dalglish has sent scouts to Sweden to watch the player.

As skysports.com revealed earlier, the 19-year-old is also thought to be interesting a number of other clubs, including Arsenal, Spurs and Sunderland.
      With the Reds reported to be monitoring Milosevic, his agent Nenad Lukic told Eurosport.se: "That is interesting, of course, but before there is a bid there is not much to say.

Good enough

"I hope that there will be bid, and that it is a bid that AIK find good enough. Before that happens, I can't do anything, I am just his agent."

Lukic has previously stated the teenager should stay another year at his present club, but believes the step up from AIK Solna to Liverpool would not be too big.

"People thought that it would be too big a step for him to go to AIK from Vasalund. It's the same now. Now people know that he made it and I am sure that he would make this too.

"It's not like he will be take a spot immediately, but after a few months, half a year. I can't see any club that he couldn't play for."
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #8: Jul 20, 2011 08:53:00 pm
      Merged.

Quick Reply