Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Suicide

Read 5069 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Suicide
      Reply #23: Jun 03, 2011 10:03:56 pm
      Also, touching story there Exiled. Sat here feeling my heart strings being tugged like crazy! Glad that through the process of events you are still with us!

Cheers V, Thanks mate and sorry to have turned your heart into my own little banjo. ;) Also to add, I'm afraid I've just subscribed so there'll be another 12 months of random photo's and utterings I'm afraid. Have they installed that ignore feature yet? ;D
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #24: Jun 03, 2011 10:42:52 pm
      Was going to make a joke that if you swallowed 60 anti depressants you would die happy, but think only the people who have been that low would appreciate it. Been there worn the T shirt and still am.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #25: Jun 04, 2011 12:20:54 am
      Very sad thread this. Thoughts go out to you PGlynn. And to the honest and frank accounts of depression and the lowest ebb I salute you and support you. I've been close once or twice but a long time ago, and to think of the things I would have missed.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Jun 04, 2011 12:31:22 am
      Some touching stuff in here. I'm sorry about your friend PG. And I'm sorry to those of you who have hit rock bottom in your time. Glad you are still here to never walk alone.

I've experienced suicide in the past and still do in the present with work.

Mental health is a great thing to be involved in with work and so rewarding most of the time. But I've had a few trips to the crisis team in the Royal this last year and have seen people deteriorate quite rapidly - thankfully it's so far been a 'cry for help' with people I support, rather than jumping in front of a train or something along the same lines.

But I have actually been on a train when someone has jumped in front of it. That wasn't an experience I'd like to witness again.

Worst is when it's happened in your family though.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #27: Jun 04, 2011 02:26:20 pm
      Rep and Kate up a tree, k I s s I n g. ;)

Does she know or do you want me to ask her out for ya? I'll give you a lift to Macedonia if you want mate, imagine the money you'd save on the internet! ;D
      OMG it's highschool all over again  :P
      On a serious note Exiled mate, you have a very powerful and inspiring story, hope you get all the good things you deserve in life.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #28: Jun 04, 2011 03:03:09 pm
      Tough reading, this thread. Much love to all who have been affected.

Two of my cousins committed suicide together, about two years ago. Only feels like it was yesterday that we got the news though. You would never have guessed they were even contemplating it. For that reason, you can't help but feel guilty that none of us could help them and maybe talk them out of it.

You've just got to hope that, wherever they are, they're at peace. That's the only thing that can start to help you overcome that guilty feeling.    
      LFCexiled
      Reply #29: Jun 04, 2011 04:17:02 pm
      OMG it's highschool all over again  :P
      On a serious note Exiled mate, you have a very powerful and inspiring story, hope you get all the good things you deserve in life.

Cheers Mrs Reprobate ;)

As regards getting everything I deserve, In the weeks that followed my suicide attempt I done a LOT of thinking. I told myself that I would settle for nothing less than what I wanted in a partner and if someone didn't turn up with exactly what I wanted then I'd stay single and just become a sexual butterfly, flitting from woman to woman collecting pollen (so to speak). Then I met my missus in work, she'd transferred into the office that handled our paperwork etc. We exchanged numbers and I spent a fortune on texts and then credit and then we started going out, now we have a lovely, if mischievous 2 year old little girl and we're very happy.

I may not have any bloody money but I got everything else I told myself I would only 'settle' for. One thing I learnt from my experience is that a happy family life is the most valuable asset in the world. I plan on maintaining it to keep it healthy.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #30: Jun 05, 2011 10:34:46 am
      . ...thankfully it's so far been a 'cry for help' with people I support, rather than jumping in front of a train or something along the same lines.

But I have actually been on a train when someone has jumped in front of it. That wasn't an experience I'd like to witness again.

I promise you that you don't want to be driving one when it happens then kenny.   :-\

Depression, proper, full-blown, diagnosed, depression is something which (in my experience) very few people understand. I really wish they could. Sometimes it only takes an unsolicited hug.

LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #31: Jun 05, 2011 04:32:27 pm
      Wow, what a touching story Exiled. I'm glad that you're family managed to help you and you've moved on and come out of it all a better person.

LFCexiled
      Reply #32: Jun 05, 2011 04:55:23 pm
      I promise you that you don't want to be driving one when it happens then kenny.   :-\

Depression, proper, full-blown, diagnosed, depression is something which (in my experience) very few people understand. I really wish they could. Sometimes it only takes an unsolicited hug.

A very deep dark hole with nought to do but think.

Wow, what a touching story Exiled. I'm glad that you're family managed to help you and you've moved on and come out of it all a better person.

Cheers Viking, I'll try and maintain my better person status. ;)

Done any pillaging lately?

LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #33: Jun 05, 2011 07:43:16 pm
      A very deep dark hole with nought to do but think.

Cheers Viking, I'll try and maintain my better person status. ;)

Done any pillaging lately?

No I haven't, it's my weekend off ;)
      sergio tachini
      • Banned

• 156 posts |
      Reply #34: Jun 06, 2011 12:30:45 am
      It is a mad world no doubt, in my humble opinion, people see this, and look at their context in life, and they dont see a meaning for themselves, so life becomes meaningless, i would suggest that anybody who has no scope of the meaning should study philosiphy, i would call it the thinking mans religion. depression is a bad thing, which always requires help. As our song says, at the end of the storm , there's a golden sky.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #35: Jun 08, 2011 07:33:34 pm

I couldn't agree with you more about depression mate.

And I trust what you say about driving one - my ex's father was driving a bus when someone jumped out in front of him. Saddening stuff.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #36: Jun 09, 2011 02:34:05 pm
      My thoughts go out to you PG. Unfortunately we can't always know when someone is hurting. Even when we do, it can be so overwhelming for them and suicide seems the only option. Don't be angry. Be sad for your fiend's pain while celebrating everything about him.

Exiled that is some story. I'm thrilled to read that life is rewarding you and that things are falling into place nicely. Hopefully you gain custody of your daughter sooner than later.

To everyone else who opened up, my heart goes out to you. I think you'll find that many people have at the very least considered taking their life, as bbb correctly pointed out.

I've dealt with some dark moods since my teens. The only message I can offer is that it gets better. If you're hurting, tell someone. Someone does care about you, even if it's someone you befriend on a football forum.

As a post script, if any of you ever meet my wife, which I'm certain you will, let's keep this to ourselves. It's very personal and I don't really care to ever dredge it up again.
      « Last Edit: Jun 12, 2011 08:12:17 pm by Brooklyn Red »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #37: Jun 09, 2011 06:44:58 pm
      Bloody hell there's some moving stories in here!

Actually felt a little choked up reading yours Eric! One of the top fellas here i have immense respect for mate, and the forum - let alone the world - would be a lesser place without ya had things gone differently. Very glad to hear you 'righted the ship' and got things back on course. Anyone who has seen pics of your son can testify you got one hell of a reward for getting things right! (Which, by the way, got a big "AWWWW!!!" outta Laura when i showed her the footy kit ones :D )

I'm sure that was damn hard to bring up and talk about, so thanks a lot. It's stories like yours and exiled's that, as hard as they are to talk about, are maybe what some people with problems need to read and realize they are not the only ones who have felt that way.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Suicide
      Reply #38: Jun 09, 2011 07:18:33 pm
      Suffering from depression is something I've always been ashamed of (even though I shouldn't be) and I think that there are people like me feel or have felt this way which makes it harder to treat because we do all we can to hide it. Not even my closest friends knew about it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's nothing to be ashamed of and asking for help doesn't make you weak.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #39: Jun 09, 2011 07:23:37 pm
      Absolutely Dmasta. Never, ever be afraid to talk to any of us, or anyone else who can help.

(Maybe skip corbally though ;) )
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #40: Jun 09, 2011 07:28:21 pm
      BR I read your story and I didn't know exactly what to say, than after I got back to the thread, BigV summarized it perfectly. I would only add how glad I am that I've ''met'' you, even if it's on a football forum.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #41: Jun 09, 2011 10:51:50 pm
      Cheers, Dave. One of the reasons I told the story is to show that it can be anyone going through these confusing feelings. I've never told anyone about all this in such detail before and no, it's not really easy. One might find it odd to tell it on a public forum, but tbh it's easier than telling people who have known you for years who you don't want looking at you differently.

Suffering from depression is something I've always been ashamed of (even though I shouldn't be) and I think that there are people like me feel or have felt this way which makes it harder to treat because we do all we can to hide it. Not even my closest friends knew about it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's nothing to be ashamed of and asking for help doesn't make you weak.

Well said, Dane.

Thanks Kate. :) I know what you mean about not knowing what to say. I haven't been back into the Relationships thread because I still don't know how to approach that situation you had. :D Seriously, though, I feel bad about not addressing it.  :-\

But, I'm all good now. No cries for help here! :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #42: Jun 09, 2011 11:32:35 pm
      You see I never thought for one minute that you'd been through such an awful desperate time in your life Eric....you seem such an 'in control person' just shows you doesn't it. I'm so glad that you're here with us now, like Dave says, I too have a great deal of respect for you and regard you as a special friend....thank god you turned things around.

Much love and happiness to you, your Wife and your gorgeous little lad xxx :hug: Big hugs hun xxxxx

Much love to you too Dmasta, don't be afraid to open your heart on here  :hug:

red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,849 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #43: Jun 10, 2011 10:27:52 pm
      Read most of the posts on here about this sensitive subject, must be absolute hell if taking yourn own life is the answer,truth is it solves nothing really except creates pain and suffering to all left behind for the rest of their lives , i'm very fortunate in that i,ve never got so depresssed or low and contemplated that ,maybe it's my generation that grew up in hard times and accepted the values in society ,regards and sincere wishes to all that have been involved in this tragedy 

Quick Reply