Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

ICC Cricket World Cup

Read 35211 times
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Re: ICC Cricket World Cup
      Reply #276: Apr 05, 2011 06:18:21 am
      The ending of the world cup has kind of brought a void in my life.Can't wait for the IPL to start.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #277: Apr 05, 2011 06:37:39 am
      And all the Runs he scored was against england with their f**k all bowling.That must be quite scary. Playing all his life agianst the same set of bowlers. The Time when cricket was not even matured as a game. No Technology, Nothing. Wake up David. Cricket has been far more difficult that that was of the bradman Era.

If Sir Don had scored that some set of runs in the 70's or 80's. Than No doubt it wouldve've been Bradman over Sachin. As I mentioned he doesnot faced the Spin of Warne, Murli, Mushtaq. And Serious pace like Akhtar and Lee. Deadly Swing Bowling of Akram, Mcgrath Etc. They all are Great Bowlers. But Sachin Rip Em Apart. I am Repeating this Because You haven't answered my previous posts Yet.

Stats are worthless my friend. It's like an Aussie batsman Like Hmmmm Callum Ferguson had scored shitload runs against England and other Minnows( Like Canada, Kenya). Never Faced the Real Quality Bowling. So that would be made him the greatest? against a batsmen who been the Best all his life.

Why bother? You obviously have sh*t all idea of the history of cricket, just assuming Bradman was knocking his runs in against amateur bowlers. Your post is full of absolute biased bullshit belittling a player many consider the best and making him look sh*t. Something i never did about Sachin. You think Cricket was easy back then? Go back in time and play in the bodyline series then eh, see how you F***ing like it. Love to see you have a go at it.

Your posts on this subject are F***ing laughable, i can't believe it. I really can't.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #278: Apr 05, 2011 06:48:42 am
      Being Indian, I'm going to say Sachin is the greatest of all time. He's carried the burden of a nation for god know's how many years now. And he thrives under it. His record speaks for itself.

Of course the neutrals will say Bradman was better (because he probably was :D) but after the years of joy Sachin has given me and the whole of my country there is no way I can say there is anyone better.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #279: Apr 05, 2011 07:11:47 am
      Being Indian, I'm going to say Sachin is the greatest of all time. He's carried the burden of a nation for god know's how many years now. And he thrives under it. His record speaks for itself.

Of course the neutrals will say Bradman was better (because he probably was :D) but after the years of joy Sachin has given me and the whole of my country there is no way I can say there is anyone better.

I love it :D See i get that, i do. You have a bias to a certain player, and everyone has that. You still admit that Bradman might have been better, instead of trying to demean the record of someone held in such high regard still after all these years. Not many sporting records transcend generations like this - in fact, none do - apart from Bradmans. It should be respected and acknowledged as a sign that he may be the greatest batsman to walk this earth rather than just dismissed as a useless F***ing stat. That is just downright insulting to me.

Im gonna leave it there, im over this conversation as obviously certain people have twisted their own arguments to suit their needs and will dismiss everything i throw at them. Ignored half the points i made :roll:
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #280: Apr 05, 2011 08:11:39 am
      You make me laugh BigV. When did I EVER say anything demeaning about Bradman?! You make it sound like I have been abusing Bradman or something all this time. :D :o

Yes, bias will always be there. Sachin for us and Bradman for you. No doubt.

What I'm saying is that average is not a correct measure ( again not demeaning Bradman's record ;) ). Its not related directly to runs scored and matches played! You can score ducks in 4 matches and 200 in the next. Your average is 40. You can score 100 runs in 10 innings but get out just once. Average- 100, but that's not sign of a good player. You are basing your points ONLY on average.

Not ignoring your other points either. Got your point about his runs completely. Not saying anything against that.

Once again- this conversation is not whether Bradman was good or not. Nobody's foolish enough to argue on that. ;D
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #281: Apr 05, 2011 08:15:17 am
      And BigV you see football and many other sports. Do you still believe in 'experts' and 'pundits'? ;)

Anyway, let's leave it there before it gets ugly. :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #282: Apr 05, 2011 03:47:02 pm
      Not you so much Jindal, Arrie was having a big ol pop about how sh*t cricket was back then. Telling me to wake up and that im in denial will get me hopped up though.

Whatever, im done with it. I still think you're wrong, so im just gonna leave it. Your argument trying to say averages are unimportant is still stupid IMO, as the official stat keepers usually don't start using averages as a barometer until you have played at least 20 matches. So an average after 52 matches does have some weight to it. I just think its stupid not to think of that as important. And then if that isn't, then simply looking at his RUNS SCORED in those 52 matches backs me up anyways.

Whatever, enjoy your world cup.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #283: Apr 05, 2011 05:40:18 pm
      Woah! Just putting points here, mate. Chill.
      And you're right. Let's just drop it here. :D

As long as nobody comes out with a "Sachin/Bradman is sh*t" kind of talk, I declare this topic CLOSED. :P  ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #284: Apr 05, 2011 06:03:18 pm
      Woah! Just putting points here, mate. Chill.
      And you're right. Let's just drop it here. :D

As long as nobody comes out with a "Sachin/Bradman is sh*t" kind of talk, I declare this topic CLOSED. :P  ;)

Im F***ing chilled!

;)

Seriously, i debate like this with anyone mate. I told my best mate to shut the F**k up when he ranted about Rafa once with a bunch of bullshit. I call a spade a spade.

Aye, convo's done and dusted me thinks. Well done on the world cup, well done to Sachin for being one of the best ever to play the game.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #285: Apr 06, 2011 08:02:08 am

Aye, convo's done and dusted me thinks. Well done on the world cup, well done to Sachin for being the best ever to play the game.

Corrected it for you.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #286: Apr 06, 2011 08:33:44 am
      Kill it Arrie. Leave it there. :D
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #287: Apr 06, 2011 10:39:12 pm
      How can average not be a good measure of how good a player is?  I mean Bradman averaged 99 in 52 Test matches.  That is a ratio of runs per game better than any batsman that's ever played the game by a country mile, including Sachin Tendulkar.  Not to mention playing on uncovered wickets.  It is far too difficult to compare the generations and different conditions players where accustomed to in their careers but look at it this way:

Bradman was far and away the best batsman in his era, with a far superior average, ratio of runs per game and ratio of centuries scored per game than the player closest to him (I do not know who that is).  Those are without doubt the barometers used to determine a good batsman and that average of 99 in 52 Test matches is astronomical compared to anyone else who has ever played the game of cricket in any generation.  I had to look this one up but he also in 234 First class games, averaged 95!!  That is F***ing insane. ;D

Tendulkar on the other hand, is almost definitely the second greatest batsman to play the game.  He holds the record for most runs and centuries in all forms of the game, and has been the best batsman in the world for a very long time.  But in his generation he has had players close(closish) to matching him.  For example, Jacques Kallis has a better average than him...that would suggest that perhaps Kallis scores runs at a better ratio per game than Tendulkar considering they've both played well over 100 Test matches.

I am not demeaning Tendulkar's achievements in any way because to me he is an amazing player, the best in the world at the minute and IMO the second best ever to play the game.  I know that Indian's worship him, and rightly so, but its hard to believe that any sane person could diminish Bradman's achievements in favour of any other player, even if that other player is Sachin Tendulkar. ;)

And I shall leave it there.  Close the thread, the World Cup is over. :D
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #288: Apr 07, 2011 07:28:10 am
      I don't think Arrie or jindal will let that happen ;D.Go on waste your energies at a never ending debate. :f_whistle:
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #289: Apr 07, 2011 07:54:12 am
      Jersey number=10.
      Age= 37=3+7=10.
      Height =5 ft 5 inch=5+5=10.
      WC Wining date=2/4/2011=2+4+2+0+1+1=10.
      WC aft 28 years=2+8=10.
      Strike Rate in WC=91=9+1=10.
      He is SACHIN 10DULKAR.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #290: Apr 07, 2011 11:11:55 am
      Nah, I'm over it. :D Already expressed my views on it earlier.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #291: Jun 08, 2011 07:21:04 am
      How can you say averages dont matter !! plus Bradman had to play against quick bowlers who could bowl 6 bouncers in the over on uncovered pitches. before you call me an aussie ! I am Indian. Sachin is amazing but you can't say hes is better than Bradman or vice versa different era's different players. if you wanna compare then compare Sachin to Kallis ! Its like you guys are comparing Rush and Fowler !
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #292: Jun 08, 2011 12:10:45 pm
      After so many days once again. :roll:I thought it had stopped.

Quick Reply