Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Cars, teenage kicks

Read 21228 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Cars, teenage kicks
      Reply #161: Aug 26, 2012 02:23:15 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #162: Aug 26, 2012 03:31:25 pm
      Nice car, but I'll stick with my Jag.

I do have a question.

Wife's Fiesta Climate's AC is not working. It's a late 08 reg. What's the best option?

1 Take it to a place that tops up the coolant, or
      2 Get the coolant from Halfords, or the like?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #163: Aug 26, 2012 03:34:58 pm
      Nice car, but I'll stick with my Jag.

I do have a question.

Wife's Fiesta Climate's AC is not working. It's a late 08 reg. What's the best option?

1 Take it to a place that tops up the coolant, or
      2 Get the coolant from Halfords, or the like?

It won't be the coolant that's doing your air con mate, it will the be air con gas needs refilling, don't attempt this yourself as dependent on what gas yours is filled with it can collapse your lungs if breathed in.

Take it a garage with the correct equipment, an air-con regass should cost no more than £50.00
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #164: Aug 26, 2012 03:40:54 pm
      It won't be the coolant that's doing your air con mate, it will the be air con gas needs refilling, don't attempt this yourself as dependent on what gas yours is filled with it can collapse your lungs if breathed in.

Take it a garage with the correct equipment, an air-con regass should cost no more than £50.00

Cheers, I'll tell her to wind the windows down then. :D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #165: Aug 27, 2012 10:45:21 am
      Ha ha :D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #166: Aug 27, 2012 05:44:53 pm

Did you do all that yourself Daz?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #167: Aug 27, 2012 06:25:41 pm
      Yeh mate, I also cut out the two rear arch's and welded two new ones in, 15 days work in that some nights up to ten, eleven o clock.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #168: Aug 27, 2012 06:31:04 pm
      Yeh mate, I also cut out the two rear arch's and welded two new ones in, 15 days work in that some nights up to ten, eleven o clock.

Nice work mate, I knew you fixed cars up but I didn't know you went to that extent. Looks mint.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #169: Aug 27, 2012 06:38:47 pm
      I do complete ground up nut and bolt restorations mate if that's what a customer wants, don't want to blow my own trumpet, but I'm talented when it comes to cars.

Yeh mate it was stone mint, it had to be, the lad who I done it for estimated the value of the car at £8000.00 done so it had to look like a 8 grand car.

I put over 80 hours work into just wet flatenning the primer, sealer and laquer so it was like looking into a mirror when it had been power polished and had an auto glym and wax sealer on it.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #170: Aug 27, 2012 11:16:16 pm
      Cheers, I'll tell her to wind the windows down then.  :D

:lmao:

Got my 320d for sale if any one is interested in a totally mint example.

I wish!

Daz, this is going to sound like a really dumb question but, as it's from me, I'm sure that won't come as a shock.

Looking at those re-spray pics (which look stunning, by the way), you obviously sprayed the exterior with the doors on. Do you also take the doors off and do the door frames and sills? As it's a completely different colour, I'd imagine they'd stand out as soon as the doors were opened.
      If ever I have a car worth re-spraying, I know where to come!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #171: Aug 28, 2012 08:33:31 am
      The car was already the same colour it was painted mate.

So with some clver masking off inside the door shuts etc, there was no need to paint inside the doors.

There's a bit of an art to it to be honest mate, if I'd just masked off straight, you'd have seen the lines when you opened the door.

The trick is to fold the leading edge of the masking tape so its not stuck down, then it doesn't leave a solid line, then when the paint work is finished, you spray loser over where the old paint meets new.

Which is sort of an acid which eats into the new paint and old paint and gives them a seamless join.
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #172: Aug 28, 2012 10:54:40 am
      Are you sprayer Red?

I'm currently on my 3rd year apprenticeship of panel and paint. Loving it so far. Looks a nice job on the saph. This is me dads we done in the body shop I worked at.

He got it sent to ST Helens to get repaired and they took 2 years to do this VV

But after we worked our magic and repaired 2/3rds of their repairs and sorted there F**k ups this is how it looks now.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #173: Aug 28, 2012 05:19:42 pm

Mechanic by trade mate, but served my time in a garage that was also an insurance approved body repair center so got taught well in mechanics, welding, painting etc.

You're Pa's Cossie looks well.

The lad who I painted this for had a similar problem to your dad, he paid over a grand to get it painted about 6 months before I done it, but the paint sunk and went all crazed.

They hadn't put enough hardner in the paint and I was literally peeling it off the car with my nails in strips.

Quick Reply