Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Ryad Boudebouz (FC Sochaux-Montbeliard)

Read 7691 times
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Ryad Boudebouz (FC Sochaux-Montbeliard)
      Jun 24, 2011 03:17:36 pm
      Liverpool to swoop for World Cup star
      24th Jun 2011 - Transfer Gossip  
      42 CommentsEmailPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Liverpool are set to make a move for Algerian midfielder Ryad Boudebouz in the coming weeks.

Most Recent Gossip
      Winger Anfield bound?
      Liverpool to swoop for World Cup star
      Downing could leave Villa
      Liverpool make a fresh move for Adam
      Hillsborough families reject return t…
      The Algerian, who starred at last summer's World Cup, currently plys his trade at FC Sochaux-Montbeliard, but Kenny Dalglish has identified him as a potential transfer target after sending scouts to France last season.

According to Italian website Tuttomercatoweb, the 21-year-old is keen to test himself in the Premier League, with Liverpool willing to pay the €7 million required to obtain his services.

Boudebouz has been ear-marked as a great talent, and is seen as the more affordable option, with the British market currently over-inflated.

The midfielder had an impressive season last year, finding the net eight times. Although he is more accustomed to attacking, it is his ability to assist which is most attractive.

Having played for France at youth level, Boudebouz switch allegiances in order to play for Algeria.

He is the latest target, highlighted by Kenny Dalglish and Director of Football Strategy Damien Commoli, as young talent who can move the club forward.

Source: Sportsvibe.co.uk

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Sportsvibe.co.uk

Link

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2011 06:00:24 am by CRK, Reason: Shortened link »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Re: Ryad Boudebouz( FC Sochaux-Montbeliard)
      Reply #1: Jun 24, 2011 03:30:27 pm
      I'd be happy to take a punt on this lad.  He is young, has shown promise, and doesn't seem to have any injury issues like Marveaux.  For 7 million, he could be a massive bargain.  On the other hand, he could turn out to be no better than El Zhar, but I feel his talent and age makes him worth the risk.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Re: Ryad Boudebouz( FC Sochaux-Montbeliard)
      Reply #2: Jun 24, 2011 03:39:16 pm
      Not seen enough to comment but nice to see a few lesser known names being linked, If true it means we are looking outside the box.

The two games I saw him in he looks skilful, a strong dribbler and while not the most accurate shot he was powering in efforts that had the keeper on his toes.

Anyone seen more who can tell us more about him? 
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Ryad Boudebouz (FC Sochaux-Montbeliard)
      Reply #3: Jun 24, 2011 05:12:25 pm
      His song could be the chorus of "Lady Marmalade".

Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 25, 2011 05:58:27 am
      he only played in one of the WC games.....how can he be called a WC star??

hed be a nice player to have regardless, if the price is as low as they make it seem to be, then id be up all for it
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #5: Jun 25, 2011 06:59:14 am
      Wouldnt mind him but the same with any winger we buy under 10m we should get a good one so the cheaper player doesnt hve as muh pressure.
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #6: Jun 25, 2011 03:13:35 pm
      he only played in one of the WC games.....how can he be called a WC star??

hed be a nice player to have regardless, if the price is as low as they make it seem to be, then id be up all for it

Looked very lightweight in that game but looks a completely different player now. Much stronger on the ball even from the two performances I saw this season.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #7: Jun 25, 2011 03:14:53 pm
      His song could be the chorus of "Lady Marmalade".

Boudebouz coucher avec moi :lmao:
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #8: Jun 25, 2011 05:29:54 pm

Boudebouz snubs Liverpool

25 June 2011

Reported Liverpool target Ryad Boudebouz says he has no interest in leaving Sochaux and believes he needs another year in France.

The Reds are thought to have been weighing up whether to offer ÂŁ5million for the Algeria international after his impressive season in Ligue 1.

The 21-year-old scored eight goals as Sochaux secured a place in the Europa League.

Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli is thought to have gone to France in January in the hope off securing the midfielder during the winter transfer window.

However, Sochaux knocked the Reds back at the time and it looks as though they will miss out again after he stated his intentions to stay with his current club for at least another season.

"I would want to stay here for a further year," said Boudebouz.

"It is for the president to decide. It is true when I say that I'm with Sochaux 100% but we know that things happen fast in football so all I'm going to say for now is that I'm not looking to leave."

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/06/25/Reds-target-snubs-move/gnid-98234/
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #9: Jun 27, 2011 12:04:31 am
      Boudebouz snubs Liverpool

25 June 2011

Reported Liverpool target Ryad Boudebouz says he has no interest in leaving Sochaux and believes he needs another year in France.

The Reds are thought to have been weighing up whether to offer ÂŁ5million for the Algeria international after his impressive season in Ligue 1.

The 21-year-old scored eight goals as Sochaux secured a place in the Europa League.

Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli is thought to have gone to France in January in the hope off securing the midfielder during the winter transfer window.

However, Sochaux knocked the Reds back at the time and it looks as though they will miss out again after he stated his intentions to stay with his current club for at least another season.

"I would want to stay here for a further year," said Boudebouz.

"It is for the president to decide. It is true when I say that I'm with Sochaux 100% but we know that things happen fast in football so all I'm going to say for now is that I'm not looking to leave."

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/06/25/Reds-target-snubs-move/gnid-98234/

Fair play to him. Smart move really and makes me want us to sign him even more. Maybe we could sign him and loan him back?
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #10: Jun 27, 2011 10:29:14 am
      Ryad Boudebouz admits to Liverpool talks
      27 Jun 2011 - 08:49:13
      Liverpool RSS news feed

Ryad Boudebouz admits to Liverpool talks
      Related Links
      Premier League Results
      Premier League News
      Premier League Fixtures
      ShareLiverpool target Ryad Boudebouz confirmed he has been in talks with the Anfield club, but claimed he is no rush to quit Ligue 1 side Sochaux. Attacking midfielder Boudebouz, 21, had an outstanding season for the French club, helping them to finish fifth and qualify for the Europa League. Reds boss Kenny Dalglish is keen to add youth and depth to his squad and Boudebouz is high on his list of targets.

Sensation: Sochaux's Ryad Boudebouz confirmed talks with Liverpool 'Liverpool are a big club and there has been contact,' the attacking midfielder told L'Est R?publicain. 'But I have to take my time, see the [Sochaux] president, discuss things through.

I plan on being at pre-season training on Wednesday.  If there's a big money offer, perhaps it will be impossible to say no. I don't want, at all costs, to leave Sochaux, but if there's an offer, I'll think about it.' World Cup star: Boudebouz sends Gareth Barry flying Boudebouz starred for Algeria in last year's World Cup, featuring in the 0-0 draw against England.

He switched allegiances to the country of his parents birth having represented France at youth level. The left-footed sensation is considered one of the hottest young properties in Europe.  What the back pages say: City quoted incredible Hulk fee of ?36m, Downing prepares Liverpool transfer requestLiverpool to offload Meireles as recruitment drive bumps him down the pecking orderAll the latest Liverpool news, features and opinion  Explore more:People: Kenny Dalglish Places: Liverpool, United Kingdom, France, Algeria, Europe, Anfield Club
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #11: Jun 27, 2011 11:01:41 am
      I can just imagine George...and the scorer of Liverpool's third goal is Ryad Bouzebed, Beddybuys... oh F**k it !
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #12: Jun 27, 2011 01:11:38 pm

Boudebouz claims Reds interest
      Sochaux playmaker willing to consider Anfield move

By Patrick Haond
      Last Updated: June 27, 2011 11:29am

Sochaux starlet Ryad Boudebouz claims Liverpool have expressed an interest in acquiring his services.

The 21-year-old playmaker is under contract with his French employers until 2013, but has hinted that he could be on the move this summer.

He insists he has no desire to force through a switch elsewhere, but admits he is willing to consider any offers.

That has opened the door for Liverpool to make an approach, with tentative discussions regarding a possible move to Anfield already underway.

"The Liverpool interest is solid," Algeria international Boudebouz told L'Est Republicain.

"There has been contact but we have to take our time, meet the chairman and remain calm.

"I want to sit down and discuss things when we return for pre-season training.

"If there is an important offer, we will not be able to turn it down.

"I don't wish to leave Sochaux but if there is an offer on the table, I will think about it."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7007005,00.html
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 28, 2011 12:21:52 am
      I hope this link proves to be false as not impressed by this lad.
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #14: Jun 28, 2011 01:18:57 am
      I hope this link proves to be false as not impressed by this lad.

I'm the opposite, I wouldn't have touched the lad with a ten foot pole watching him play for Algeria in the world cup but the next season he came back so improved it was amazing. He's much stronger on the ball now and he looks like a player who still has a lot of potential. I can't think of a player who has improved so much other than .... Lucas.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #15: Jun 28, 2011 02:21:46 am
      Not sure Boudebouz has improved THAT much. He's always had quality about him, playing for your country is something you just can't be judged totally on. At a good price, he can be a useful player. He can play all across the attacking midfield positions, has good pace, skill, etc.

For me, depends on the price.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #16: Jun 28, 2011 02:52:39 am
      Admittedly it was on youtube but he did look pretty handy to me.
      Good speed and technically sound and for 8mill for a youngster not a bad punt.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,975 posts | 237 
      Reply #17: Aug 18, 2011 04:13:23 pm
      DAVID N’Gog’s much-anticipated move to Wanderers should click into gear by the end of this week.

Sources on Merseyside suggest the Reds are preparing a bid for Sochaux’s Ryad Boudebouz, which would then pave the way for Owen Coyle to open talks with the £4million-rated Frenchman.

The Whites have chased N’Gog for a month, having dropped their interest in Jeffren Suarez, and have seen two previous offers turned down.

Their most recent bid – which is thought to include a handful of add-ons depending on his success – has been on the table for a fortnight.

But with Kenny Dalglish keen to avoid leaving himself short, the deal has remained on hiatus until director of football Damien Commolli searched for a successor.

That job is set to go to Algeria international Boudebouz, who is available at €7m, or around £6.1m.

While N’Gog is keen on a move to Wanderers, the issue of personal terms is potentially another tricky hurdle.

N’Gog came close to signing for Sunderland in July as part of the deal that took Jordan Henderson to Merseyside.

He was pencilled in for a medical at the Stadium of Light on return from a holiday in Miami but pulled out of the deal after the club failed to meet his financial demands.

As part of his contract with the Reds, which has 12 months left to run, N’Gog stands to improve his basic wage considerably if he makes 20 appearances this season.

But having been told by Dalglish that he is not part of his first team plans, the former Paris St Germain starlet has decided to cut his ties and seek a deal elsewhere.

Coyle made a cheeky but unsuccessful attempt to sign the front man on loan last summer. It is understood former Anfield boss Rafa Benitez was willing to sell the youngster for £6m, but the fee was out of the Whites’ reach at the time.

It was also confirmed by Wanderers on Saturday that Liverpool had not been in contact about Gary Cahill, and that N’Gog would not be included as a makeweight in any prospective deal.

Meanwhile, West Brom are preparing an improved offer for Rangers winger Gregg Wylde after seeing a ÂŁ350,000 bid dismissed by the SPL side last week.

Wanderers are also tipped to up the stakes for the 20-year-old, who was part of Ally McCoist’s squad in action against Maribor in the Europa League last night.

Source : http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/9202944.N_Gog_moves_closer_to_Wanderers_switch/

Is he any better than Ngog?
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #18: Aug 18, 2011 06:26:31 pm
      What position does Boudebouz play in?
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 18, 2011 07:19:36 pm
      What position does Boudebouz play in?

He's listed as a midfielder on the Sochaux website, doesn't give any more info than that unfortunately
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #20: Aug 18, 2011 07:23:28 pm
      He's listed as a midfielder on the Sochaux website, doesn't give any more info than that unfortunately

From what I recall (only seen him play a few times) he is an attacking midfield player who can operate out wide or through the center.  He would not be a like-for-like replacement for Ngog.  If we are truly interested in him, I would assume that it is because he may be able to add some flair/creativity/pace/width to our team.  

Edit:  I'm not sure he would really be worth the risk at 7M though....  I can't remember ever being really blown away by his ability, but I'll put my trust in our scouting team to make the right decisions :)
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2011 07:32:38 pm by harrydunn08 »
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #21: Aug 18, 2011 07:24:34 pm
      He is best used for me on the right hand side, cutting in and causing problems. He doesn't have a great end product and is very inconsistent.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #22: Aug 18, 2011 07:32:28 pm
      He is the same kind of player as Taarabt just checked out a few vids of him???

Boudebouz vs Taarabt

Ryad Boudebouz 2010/2011 - HD

Ryad Boudebouz ● Welcome To Liverpool 2011? ● 720p HD

Quick Reply