Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Women's World Cup 2011.

Read 6546 times
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Re: Women's World Cup 2011.
      Reply #23: Jul 10, 2011 04:39:21 pm
      Own goal by Brazil, USA winning 1 - 0 in the 2nd minute.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Jul 10, 2011 04:53:56 pm
      Hope Solo  :-*
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #25: Jul 10, 2011 05:57:00 pm
      This referee  :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #26: Jul 10, 2011 06:59:18 pm
      Brazil = no class.

This referee is a joke.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #27: Jul 10, 2011 07:04:56 pm
      HOLY CRAP!!!  :o :o :o :o :o
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #28: Jul 10, 2011 07:17:08 pm
      Suck it Brazil...
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #29: Jul 10, 2011 07:23:55 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #30: Jul 10, 2011 07:26:04 pm
      Where you guys watching this? :(
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #31: Jul 10, 2011 07:29:59 pm
      That was about the most exciting game of soccer (football sorry) that I've seen in a long time.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #32: Jul 10, 2011 07:35:44 pm
      That was brilliant. Brazil were dirty bitches and karma came back and bit them in the ass. Suck it.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33: Jul 11, 2011 01:43:34 am
      I feel sorry for Marta. She is such a genius, but has to play with another 10 idiots who can't cope with the pressure. Cristiane is the worst of them, cause she has bags of talent - but every time the team needs her, she tries to do everything by herself and ends up doing nothing. f***in idiot, always the same.

Brazil were dirty? Well USA were no better. They were kicking the sh*t ouf of the Brazilian players. One of them (can't remember her name) could easily have been sent off in the 1st half.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #34: Jul 11, 2011 01:34:40 pm

Brazil were dirty? Well USA were no better. They were kicking the sh*t ouf of the Brazilian players. One of them (can't remember her name) could easily have been sent off in the 1st half.

Brazil lost because of their lack of fitness, and lack of cohesion. The US is a TEAM first and foremost. No player is bigger than the team. If you think the US played dirty I guess you didn't catch the best women's player in the world getting jeered every time she touched the ball? She's great there's no doubt but her image is tarnished by her lack of integrity and sportsmanship. And that goes for most of the Brazil women's squad. The one that faked the injury at the end, that was pure garbage. She should have been sent off. But in the end it gave the US the time it needed to send Brazil home so I guess what goes around comes around.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #35: Jul 11, 2011 06:12:14 pm
      Our player should have been sent off for that handball, I won't argue that. But I thought the penalty was a bit harsh, and the fact that it was given AGAIN even worse. Thank F**k that header went in, I about sh*t a brick.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #36: Jul 11, 2011 06:20:50 pm
      Brazil lost because of their lack of fitness, and lack of cohesion. The US is a TEAM first and foremost. No player is bigger than the team. If you think the US played dirty I guess you didn't catch the best women's player in the world getting jeered every time she touched the ball? She's great there's no doubt but her image is tarnished by her lack of integrity and sportsmanship. And that goes for most of the Brazil women's squad. The one that faked the injury at the end, that was pure garbage. She should have been sent off. But in the end it gave the US the time it needed to send Brazil home so I guess what goes around comes around.

I dislike most of the Brazilian team, think they're all pretty stupid cause when it comes to the decisive games, some of them become so selfish in an idiotic desire to save the day, that the result is always the same. Why does Marta lack integrity?

One of the USA midfielders made a tackle with her feet above a Brazilian's waist, can't even remember if she saw a yellow, not to mention countless other fouls.

I agree USA work much better as a team and that's my biggest critic of the Brazilian women team, but don't try to make it sound like the Good vs the Evil, cause that's a lot of pretentious and biased bullshit.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #37: Jul 11, 2011 09:24:30 pm
      Women's World Cup: England players hit back at Hope Powell
      Several England players have hit back at Hope Powell after their coach accused some of them of "cowardice" ahead of the Women's World Cup quarter-final penalty shootout.

Coach Powell, 44, said she had to ask three times for volunteers to take the crucial spot-kicks against France.

But midfielder Jill Scott, supported by two team-mates, Tweeted: "You win as a team, you lose as a team".

England eventually lost 4-3 in the shootout after the match ended 1-1.
      Scott was backed up by Karen Bardsley and Claire Rafferty.

And striker Eniola Aluko, who did not take play against France, added: "Obviously [that saying] is just words. Unbelievable."

Powell's comments were also in stark contrast to her mood immediately after the match according to Casey Stoney.

"I don't think anyone's a coward and that's not the impression I got from Hope when she debriefed us after the game," Stoney told BBC Radio 5 live.

"She said she was very proud and we should hold our heads up high."

Injured striker Kelly Smith and forward Karen Carney were the only non-defenders to take penalties.

They both scored with defender Casey Stoney tucking the third penalty away before debutant Claire Rafferty and skipper Faye White missed the last two kicks to send England home.

Rafferty, 21, only came onto the pitch nine minutes before the end of normal time for her World Cup debut.

Powell said on Saturday: "Faye said 'Right, if no-one else wants to do it I will do it'."

The missed kick may have been the 33-year-old's last act in an England shirt.

"Three times I had to ask [for volunteers] before anyone stepped forward," added Powell.

"'Where are you?' I was thinking, and then a young kid is the first to put her hand up. And Kelly Smith was dying on her feet but she stepped up and took one.

"You've got to want to take a penalty, but other players should have come forward and they didn't. That's weak, it's cowardice."
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14094540.stm

Not good, not good at all. New team, or new coach. But they will not be able to work together again.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #38: Jul 11, 2011 09:26:34 pm
      I dislike most of the Brazilian team, think they're all pretty stupid cause when it comes to the decisive games, some of them become so selfish in an idiotic desire to save the day, that the result is always the same. Why does Marta lack integrity?

One of the USA midfielders made a tackle with her feet above a Brazilian's waist, can't even remember if she saw a yellow, not to mention countless other fouls.

I agree USA work much better as a team and that's my biggest critic of the Brazilian women team, but don't try to make it sound like the Good vs the Evil, cause that's a lot of pretentious and biased bullshit.

It's funny how non-Americans always want to label us as being righteous, much like your Good v Evil comment and the pretentious bit. The funny thing is most of us aren't like that at all. You could have taken the jerseys off (hey, there's an idea) and the majority of people would have picked their "Good v Evil" based on the way the teams played and conducted themselves". The faking injuries and diving are not good for the game no matter who does it. That's where my issue lies. We Americans know we aren't normally in conversations concerning great football teams (unless you are talking about my Dallas Cowboys) but it sucks when we have a really good team like this women's team and they have to take 120+ minutes to win a game that they shouldn't have been trailing in if not for questionable calls.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39: Jul 11, 2011 09:38:54 pm
      Again, you're being extremely biased and looking it only by one side.

I agreed with you about USA working better as a team and, all in all, being the deserved winners. Brazilian players, except Marta, didn't show enough strength and the mentality needed to win those big games.

But, if faking injuries is not right, repeatedly fouling isn't that much better. If there were dubious calls for Brazil, there were also for USA - as you should have seen a red in the 1st half. The referee was a joke for either side.

And why are people complaining about the penalty being taken again? In this case, the referee acted according to the rules of the game.

I only wanted this team to win because of Marta, and I wasn't even that sad to see them lose. But making it look as if Brazil were the dirty bitches, while USA were the brilliant, hard working, faultless wonders is a lot of rubbish.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #40: Jul 12, 2011 01:26:04 am

And why are people complaining about the penalty being taken again? In this case, the referee acted according to the rules of the game.

I only wanted this team to win because of Marta, and I wasn't even that sad to see them lose. But making it look as if Brazil were the dirty bitches, while USA were the brilliant, hard working, faultless wonders is a lot of rubbish.

The penatly being retaken was crap because it's something that is never ever called but mysteriously this referee happens to call it on a pk that had been saved. Never said the USA was faultless...but fouls and hard play are a part of the game, faking injuries and diving are not (or at least shouldn't be). I actually was excited to see what the Brazil team was all about after hearing so much about them, I just came away unimpressed with their play other than the pure skill of Marta. Brazil definitely has the edge in skill, can't argue that.
      Bier
      Reply #41: Jul 12, 2011 01:58:29 am
      but fouls and hard play are a part of the game, faking injuries and diving are not (or at least shouldn't be).
      Fouls are as much against the rules as diving is, and both can and should be punished in a similar fashion. Especially intentional fouls really are no different than diving when it comes to spoiling the game. Both shouldn't be part of the game, but unfortunately are. I certainly don't see any difference in them.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #42: Jul 12, 2011 04:17:59 am
      Exactly, fouls - particularly violent fouls - are also violations to the laws of the game, just like a player going inside the box before a penalty is taken.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43: Jul 13, 2011 06:48:13 pm
      Showing where my priorities lie, I remembered to tape the Liverpool friendly but not the USA's semifinal. They're up 3-1 on France :P :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #44: Jul 13, 2011 08:03:27 pm
      Congrats to our dirty US Women's team!  :P
      Neitsab
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 333 posts |
      Reply #45: Jul 13, 2011 10:34:44 pm
      Horrible goalkeeper for France...