Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. If you were offereed 4th place now, would you grab it with both hands?

Yes
      108 (37.2%)
      No.
      182 (62.8%)

Total Members Voted: 284

VOTE: Would you take 4th right now? (June 2011)

Read 35642 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,684 posts | 3905 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: VOTE: Would you take 4th right now?
      Reply #506: Sep 18, 2011 09:42:45 pm
      Predicted 2 - 0? We lost by 4. Clearly you weren't negative enough Corbally.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #507: Sep 18, 2011 10:07:16 pm
      Winning the 4th?

Never heard it put like that before.  What an odd thing to say.

Lets put it this way ... The team that we've played today and lost miserably ... Since they've "won" the 4th spot, and entered the Champions League, they have beaten us comfortably in the league, 3 times in a row ...
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,224 posts | 3394 
      Reply #508: Sep 18, 2011 10:11:12 pm
      Lets put it this way ... The team that we've played today and lost miserably ... Since they've "won" the 4th spot, and entered the Champions League, they have beaten us comfortably in the league, 3 times in a row ...

We haven't beat Blackpool in our last five meetings either, just saying like. However we did do the double over Chelsea despite them "winning" second and us only "winning" sixth, again just saying.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #509: Sep 18, 2011 10:18:00 pm

At the moment, we still have the 6th best squad in the league ... Kenny will need to perform one of his miracles to get us to 4th ...
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #510: Sep 18, 2011 10:20:57 pm
      People seem to have forgotten playing with 10/9 men is a disadvantage.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #511: Sep 18, 2011 10:31:16 pm
      At the moment, we still have the 6th best squad in the league ... Kenny will need to perform one of his miracles to get us to 4th ...

Out of interest Mac, which squads would you put in 4th and 5th above us?  I'm assuming your top three squads are shitty, scum and chelski?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,224 posts | 3394 
      Reply #512: Sep 18, 2011 10:34:01 pm

As opposed to these not so long ago...

Nothing has changed from couple of days ago ... We still have the 4th best squad in the league ...

Nothing has really changed today ... We are still very likely to get the 4th spot at the end of the season ...

Nothing has changed today ... Once Gerrard is back, we will have a good chance of winning the 4th ...

Somewhere along the line something has changed then for you. From the 4th best squad to now the 6th. From being very likely to get fourth to having to wait till Gerrard is back to have a good chance to Kenny having to work miracles to come fourth.

So something has changed for you then, so why say nothing has.

I mean for fucks sake lad, the one about us having a good chance was posted today. Within a matter of hours it's gone from good chance to miracles being needed. Are you that F***ing simple or are you just doing a very good impression?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #513: Sep 18, 2011 10:41:01 pm
      Out of interest Mac, which squads would you put in 4th and 5th above us?  I'm assuming your top three squads are shitty, scum and chelski?

In terms of depth, Tottenham and Arsenal still have the better squads than ours ... I was hoping that we won't be missing Gerrard this season as badly as before, but the last two matches have proved that we are still dependent on his presence on the team ... Also, I was hoping that Carroll and Henderson would be able to step in and perform immediately ... Unfortunately, the two of them are struggling badly, and will need much more time than I first anticipated to raise their performance at the required level ...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #514: Sep 18, 2011 10:42:00 pm
      ^ I think his best work is in the transfer threads. Goes to pieces in The Kop.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,224 posts | 3394 
      Reply #515: Sep 18, 2011 10:44:57 pm

Is that because he to post his opinion and not just a posted article? ;)
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #516: Sep 18, 2011 10:45:46 pm

I usually post optimistic posts immediately after the bad results, because I can't stand the bitching and moaning drama queens ... Now, after the heads have cooled, we can look at our situation in a more realistic manner ... By the way, I also can't stand the super fans who quote Shankly on every occasion ...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #517: Sep 18, 2011 10:57:55 pm
      By the way, I also can't stand the super fans who quote Shankly on every occasion ...

“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

S@int know thy place. ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #518: Sep 18, 2011 11:00:25 pm

I was just thinking that mate :( 

:D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #519: Sep 18, 2011 11:04:29 pm
      I was just thinking that mate :( 

Tis ok just
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #520: Sep 18, 2011 11:15:29 pm
      In terms of depth, Tottenham and Arsenal still have the better squads than ours ... I was hoping that we won't be missing Gerrard this season as badly as before, but the last two matches have proved that we are still dependent on his presence on the team ... Also, I was hoping that Carroll and Henderson would be able to step in and perform immediately ... Unfortunately, the two of them are struggling badly, and will need much more time than I first anticipated to raise their performance at the required level ...

Spuds have a good depth to their squad, but apart from Modric, King, Adebayor and Bale, I don't rate any of their players as stronger than ours when we play well.  I'd also question Arsenal's strength in depth after losing Fabregas and Nasri.  No way are they stronger than us.

Today we had a shocker, a truly awful performance before the sendings off.  Let's get it out of our system and push on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,374 posts | 4973 
      Reply #521: Sep 18, 2011 11:58:34 pm
      By the way, I also can't stand the super fans who quote Shankly on every occasion ...

You'll hate my sig then which I have had for quite some time now not because I am a super fan but possibly it's something I believe to be true.

I can't stand when I come on here after a game where we had 10 men after 30 minutes and then 9 for the last 30 minutes and many people think it's the end of the world and the are acting like the season is over.

Today was a bad result but my opinion is still the same. If offered 4th now I wouldn't take it as the season is only a few games old and we have as good a chance as any to win the title.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #522: Sep 19, 2011 12:08:26 am
      Spuds have a good depth to their squad, but apart from Modric, King, Adebayor and Bale, I don't rate any of their players as stronger than ours when we play well.  I'd also question Arsenal's strength in depth after losing Fabregas and Nasri.  No way are they stronger than us.

Our main advantage over Arsenal and Tottenham is the presence of 3 world class players on our team in Gerrard, Suarez, and Reina ... However, if you look at the depth of their squads, this is what you see:

Gervinho/Arshavin/Miyaichi - Van Persie/Chamakh/Park - Walcott/Oxlade-Chamberlain

Wilshere/Rosicky/Benayoun - Arteta/Ramsey/Diaby

Song/Frimpong/Coquelin

Santos/Gibbs - Vermaelen/Koscielny - Mertesacker/Djourou/Squillaci - Sagna/Jenkinson

Szczesny/Almunia/Fabianski

Adebayor/Defoe/Pavlyuchenko

Bale/Pienaar - Van der Vaart/Kranjcar - Lennon/Dos Santos

Sandro/Parker - Modric/Huddlestone/Livermore

Assou-Ekotto/Rose - King/Gallas/Bassong - Dawson/Kaboul - Corluka/Walker

Friedel/Gomes/Cudicini

You'll hate my sig then which I have had for quite some time now not because I am a super fan but possibly it's something I believe to be true.

Nothing wrong with putting quotes in signatures ... It is annoying when people are over-using these quotes in every discussion ...
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #523: Sep 19, 2011 12:09:52 am
      I usually post optimistic posts immediately after the bad results, because I can't stand the bitching and moaning drama queens ... Now, after the heads have cooled, we can look at our situation in a more realistic manner ... By the way, I also can't stand the super fans who quote Shankly on every occasion ...

That's because you are a tw*t.Proper "Shankly Boys" defend the manager and team,throughout the season and refuse to judge both on knee-jerk results.You are the worst possible type of so called supporter.To put it right,let me just say in a friendly way,do one.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,374 posts | 4973 
      Reply #524: Sep 19, 2011 12:10:56 am
      Our main advantage over Arsenal and Tottenham is the presence of 3 world class players on our team in Gerrard, Suarez, and Reina ... However, if you look at the depth of their squads, this is what you see:

Gervinho/Arshavin/Miyaichi - Van Persie/Chamakh/Park - Walcott/Oxlade-Chamberlain

Wilshere/Rosicky/Benayoun - Arteta/Ramsey/Diaby

Song/Frimpong/Coquelin

Santos/Gibbs - Vermaelen/Koscielny - Mertesacker/Djourou/Squillaci - Sagna/Jenkinson

Szczesny/Almunia/Fabianski

Adebayor/Defoe/Pavlyuchenko

Bale/Pienaar - Van der Vaart/Kranjcar - Lennon/dos Santos

Sandro/Parker - Modric/Huddlestone/Livermore

Assou-Ekotto/Rose - King/Gallas/Bassong - Dawson/Kaboul - Corluka/Walker

Friedel/Gomes/Cudicini

Personally I don't see two squads that are any stronger than our own.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #525: Sep 19, 2011 12:10:57 am
      That's because you are a tw*t.Proper "Shankly Boys" defend the manager and team,throughout the season and refuse to judge both on knee-jerk results.You are the worst possible type of so called supporter.To put it right,let me just say in a friendly way,do one.
      See Res no gobshites mentioned,my arse.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #526: Sep 19, 2011 12:14:50 am

I have only one question for you: Did the proper "Shankly Boys" defended Roy Hodgson throughout the season, and refused to judge him on knee-jerk results ?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #527: Sep 19, 2011 12:18:32 am
      I have only one question for you: Did the proper "Shankly Boys" defended Roy Hodgson throughout the season, and refused to judge him on knee-jerk results ?

I did  :angel:
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #528: Sep 19, 2011 12:19:45 am

He only lasted until January  ;)

Quick Reply