Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Sunderland v Liverpool: Match Thread

Read 11168 times
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Re: Sunderland v Liverpool: Match Thread
      Reply #46: Aug 26, 2007 02:27:45 am
      Its goes Oh Oh Oh Oh we got the best midfield in the world we got xabi alonso,momo sissoko, gerrard and mascheranooooo, Oh Oh oH oH we got the best midfield in the world we got xabi alonso,momo sissoko, gerrard and ,mascheranoooo.

There you go!!
      Its goes Oh Oh Oh Oh we got the best midfield in the world we got xabi alonso,momo sissoko, gerrard and mascheranooooo, Oh Oh oH oH we got the best midfield in the world we got xabi alonso,momo sissoko, gerrard and ,mascheranoooo.

There you go!!
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #47: Aug 26, 2007 04:46:41 am
      Extremely happy with the 3 points, i think Sunderland were pressing right from the start, a very physical match. Congratulations to Sissoko for your first goal mate, great job!

Voronin!! fantastic player and really pleased with what he is acheiving so early on at anfeild, great goal and tried to make alot of chances.
      there was only one point when he went forward and around the outside but didnt make it when he probably should have made it but stumbled, apart from that he was killer! I love the way he goes through defenders, very strong and not always around like most strikers of today. kind of reminds me of Viduka in his presence, (not his looks). Torres was brilliant, i cant say enough about him really, hes already shining more than anyone.
      Not to be too harsh on Babel but i didnt think he did too much at all, very quiet. i would have thought he would have tried to have gone forward abit more. he wasnt bad but he wasnt great either, i think he's still growing into his skin with the reds. to be honest i was actually hoping Kewell was gona pop up instead of Babel at the start haha.
      Pennant was Great, held the ball away from Sunderland alot, very pleased with his quality he's at at the moment.

2-0,2-0,2-0,2-0,2-0!!!!
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #48: Aug 26, 2007 06:31:27 pm
      Look like Carrager will have to seat in the bend for a while. The crash with Reina in the last 15 minutes gave him some broken ribs. No wonder he looked so painful back then and he called deresparaly for a subtitution.
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=457155&cc=4716
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #49: Aug 26, 2007 09:53:10 pm
      Look like Carrager will have to seat in the bend for a while. The crash with Reina in the last 15 minutes gave him some broken ribs. No wonder he looked so painful back then and he called deresparaly for a subtitution.
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=457155&cc=4716

Hope he's not out for too long after this injury but at the same time as with Gerrard we can't risk bringing him back too soon.  We did alright against Sunderland after Hyypia and Carra came off but I think they wil be greatly missed at the back over the next few games. 

In addition to this does anyone remdmber when Crouch had to have an operation after breaking his nose but posponed it so he could play a couple more important games, I wonder if Rafa is thinking we could do the same with Hyypia due to the fact that Carra is alo out for a while?
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #50: Aug 26, 2007 10:08:39 pm
      Torres.  What a player.

He's getting better every game.

Great game, Sunderland didn't give our players a second on the ball.  Yet we still created a hat full of chances.  Fantastic
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #51: Aug 27, 2007 06:21:52 pm
      Another pleasing result, and professional performance, could have won by more goals and would have if it wasn't for Gordon
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #52: Aug 28, 2007 01:09:06 am
      Great result , good game. Thought if we started too positive Sunderland might sit back and try catch us on the break. We did start well but they didn't sit back, we pinned them back. Great game by Gordon, could have scored seven or eight without him there. They didn't have much of an answer to our play and not many teams will go there this season and turn them over like that. Great team performance all round. The next game can't come soon enough when we play like that. Brilliant.
      moz273
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | -1 
      Reply #53: Aug 28, 2007 04:55:37 pm
      Good professional performance, if not spectacular. I though Sunderland were poor but in that sort of game last season or the season before we'd have struggled to break them down and would have drawn 0-0.

Torres looked great but should probably have scored 1 or 2, but that was the only thing missing from his performance.

Pennant looked good, unlike Babel on the other side. He showed off some nice touches and skills though.

Sissoko was immense and even though Alonso didn't put in any killer balls which he sometimes does, he was a class above anyone else in the middle of the park. With Sissoko doing the harrying he was left to play the ball about.

Carragher's injury was unfortunate, but we are good enough to beat Toulouse tonight and Derby on Saturday without him and Gerrard playing through injury.

All in all, a good win.

Quick Reply