Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Internet Banking!

Read 1866 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Internet Banking!
      Jun 29, 2011 01:24:25 pm
      Anybody with HSBC?

Just received that stupid calculator thing through the post that I have to now carry and use if I want to access internet banking.

I thought the whole point of online banking was to make things easier.  But now it looks like you will have to start carrying around a little calculator for every bank you use.

Anyone else got one. Anyone think it's a good idea?
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Internet Banking!
      Reply #1: Jun 29, 2011 01:36:21 pm
      Girlfriend got one of them through the other day. I feel a bit sorry for you HSBC users.

I'm with Natwest, and on iPhone's they released an app especially for online banking. It's proper handy and it saves all those steps you have to take if you're using a web browser.

One simple password and you're in within seconds. It's a god send!

StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #2: Jun 29, 2011 01:44:31 pm
      I got one the other day JD, but for me it's a good thing as I recently had to go through a whole load of effort after my card number was one of many that was copied from the HSBC website in a security scare. I know it's an effort to have to use the little thing every time but it just makes your money a little bit more secure at the end of the day.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Jun 29, 2011 01:56:49 pm
      I got one last week JD, not sorted mine out yet, looks a bit of a pain in the backside if I'm being honest, like you say, why do they have to complicate things? Although after reading StevieG123's post, then maybe it's not such a bad thing.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Jun 29, 2011 01:58:49 pm
      I have one of them with a card for my work account.
      Internet banking made simple... My arse
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Jun 29, 2011 02:00:25 pm
      Not yet. I'll wait for mine.

Maybe it is to calculate how near the nearest bank is, since they closed my local one down.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #6: Jun 29, 2011 02:01:29 pm
      But i thought you liked toys MsG ;)

It's actually pretty quick to set up, I kept on putting it off myself at the start.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Jun 29, 2011 02:06:30 pm
      But i thought you liked toys MsG ;)

It's actually pretty quick to set up, I kept on putting it off myself at the start.

Hey !!!! Watch it cheeky  ;)   :laugh:

Yeah, I'm sure your right, I keep putting it off but I'm sure it's not as difficult as I'm thinking.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #8: Jun 29, 2011 02:14:45 pm
      I've got two calculators, don't know why. Same bank before you ask.

I love internet banking though! Its so much easier once everything is set up. I wish i had more money though, might get better use out of it. Right now i just use it to see if i'll be able to afford to feed myself for the week. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4586 
      Reply #9: Jun 29, 2011 03:20:58 pm
      Got 3 of the stupid things,2 for buisness and 1 for personal.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #10: Jun 29, 2011 04:47:54 pm
      The Co-op bank started with these things a couple of years ago, delivered with literature explaining what a caring bank they were and how they're taking customer security seriously. I could log in to my online banking without the 'calculator' but do little else.
      So many customers complained about the extra hassle that they changed the system once more so that you only need it for a few functions such as transferring funds to accounts other than your own or amending standing orders, so it's not that bad now.
      Only trouble for me is that I often do my banking from work and forget to take the damn thing with me!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #11: Jun 29, 2011 04:48:27 pm
      My dad has one for his business, one for personal, me, my mum and sister have one each too. That's far too many look a like calculators in one house.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #12: Jun 29, 2011 04:57:22 pm
      If it makes you feel batter mate, my brother has to carry one just to log into his work computer, a second one to log into the network and then a third one to do his internet banking.  I know that's not much comfort to you but at least you can point and laugh at him.

I've had one in the past and while they're annoying, I'm positive they do reduce cybertheft which (and I'm only guessing here) would probably be even more annoying to deal with.  I remember having to call home, hope someone was there and then direct them to where I thought I left the thing and have them read out the seven digit number to me only to realise that's only valid for one minute before it generates a new seven digit number.  It still beats lining up at the bank.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #13: Jun 29, 2011 05:08:28 pm
      Knocked it in the head! My card was scammed in April never happened before but started the internet banking and a few months later get scammed, never happend when I was sorting it myself but as soon as I start with the internet the fuckers had me. Might be a coincidence but coincidently I bet it won't happen again.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #14: Jun 30, 2011 01:35:01 am
      I'm with Lloyds TSB, been using internet banking for around 3 years now. No calculators, just log on through a laptop and bombs away!. Would be lost without internet banking, has saved me so much hassle over the years.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #15: Jun 30, 2011 01:05:33 pm
      Same as mate I'm with the TSB and they did put the account to rights after it was scammed, credit there. What puzzles me is why it went on for over two weeks after I alerted them, monies were coming out of my account every day and seemingly they were powerless to affect it.
      Nah too many loose ends as the scam displayed and I know people who tell the same tale.  
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #16: Jul 01, 2011 09:21:17 am
      As technology increases so does the knowledge of the scammers,I saw an article on the tele last night were someone can walk past you and they are able to get your credit card and passport details with a camera of some sort they had in a briefcase.My bank keeps sending me lnfo on opening an internet banking account but like Stuey I am very dubious about the idea.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #17: Jul 01, 2011 10:24:28 am
      Would it be too hard, (if it's really pissing you off like), to move your account to another bank?

I closed two accounts with Ulster Bank, last year, when RBS (their parent Company) extended the loan period for H & G and I found it really easy to do.

If my Internet banking became too much of a burden I'd move accounts. That NatWest app sounds good by the way.

Quick Reply