Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Cristian Chivu (Inter Milan)

Read 11204 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: Cristian Chivu (Inter Milan)
      Reply #23: Jun 30, 2011 06:45:15 pm
      But he plays in Serie A which is so slow and sh!te me Grandad could keep pace with it so its irrelevant.

You've already got an answer to that one in advance ...

In my humble opinion, generalization and media-created cliches are poison to any reasonable debate ...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #24: Jun 30, 2011 06:50:58 pm

I absolutely hate generalization, and I fight it on every possible occasion ... In my humble opinion, generalization and media-created cliches are poison to any reasonable debate ...

Over half the articles you post are generalized & ridden with media created cliches and are poison to any reasonable debate.   :f_whistle:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25: Jun 30, 2011 06:52:31 pm
      Just because we've got it wrong with Cole, Jovanovic, Poulsen and Konchesky last summer, it doesn't means that there isn't some 30-year-old player out there, that could significantly help our team ... Remeber, we've got Gary McAllister at the age of 35 ...

I don't doubt it mate, I've said as much in the past. However I was under the impression from JWH twitter comments yesterday that we will not be targetting players of a certain age, and that he wasn't interested in short term quick fixes.

I just think Chivu will fall into that age group, and we will not be interested in him, or any other players pushing 'the big three O'
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #26: Jun 30, 2011 06:58:04 pm
      You've already got an answer to that one in advance ...

So you disagree that Serie A is slow and sh!te? Have you ever watched a Serie A game? Its so mind numbing I've fallen asleep watching it many nights.

Either way, he's too old for the type of player we're trying to sign. So the fact he's old and plays in a slow sh!te league doesn't matter either way.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27: Jun 30, 2011 07:05:23 pm
      John Henry kicked sh*te like this into touch last night.

So can't understand why people are arguing over it as we all know deep down inside, it aint F***ing happening. ;D
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #28: Jun 30, 2011 07:08:56 pm

As I have already said, I don't expect us to sign him ...  Still, as a central defender, he is better than Kyrgiakos and fitter than Agger ... As a left fullback, he is better than Konchesky and fitter than Aurelio ... As a defensive midfielder, he is better than Poulsen ... He certainly won't be anywhere near the top of my list of preferred targets, but I wouldn't mind him replacing Konchesky, Poulsen or Kyrgiakos ...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #29: Jun 30, 2011 07:11:15 pm
      Still won't happen though, so pointless debate. ;D
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #30: Jun 30, 2011 07:13:46 pm
      Still won't happen though, so pointless debate. ;D

Debating is fun and you know it.  We all know the reality is that it's not going to happen, talking about signings like this just gives us a chance to play interactive football manager without actually owning a copy of the game.

Look at it this way: who we want or discussing their merits is essentially pointless and the only reason we do it is because we enjoy it, the manager is going to decide who to bring in - we may as well scrap the board if we're not going to debate about targets of some sort.  It's not like Kenny's gonna peek in here and say, that poster values this player really highly - I think we'll make a bid.

edit: But if you do Kenny, bring in Milan Badelj - I'll make a dossier if you'll promise to read it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31: Jun 30, 2011 07:17:22 pm
      I'd rather debate the merits of players that have a possibility of coming here, not the ones we know for a fact won't be. ;)
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #32: Jun 30, 2011 07:23:31 pm
      I'd rather debate the merits of players that have a possibility of coming here, not the ones we know for a fact won't be. ;)

I thought we established nobody knows sh*t ;)  Either way, I'm sure you've posted in unrealistic transfer topics before, we all have, it's what we do when we're bored and waiting for the football to kick off.

On topic though, I always buy Chivu on FIFA because he wears headgear.  Looks funny.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #33: Jun 30, 2011 08:12:15 pm
      I thought we established nobody knows sh*t ;)

We know he's over 30 and a certain Mr Henry said we won't be buying these sort of players.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #34: Jun 30, 2011 08:14:08 pm
      Everyone's saying we wont be buying older players, but where did he actually say that...

(trap set) tick tock
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #35: Jun 30, 2011 08:16:57 pm
      We know he's over 30 and a certain Mr Henry said we won't be buying these sort of players.

He alluded to it, he didn't give specifics.  Common sense would dictate we'd avoid like the plague, but it's hardly as if the transfer forum is a place for common sense.  It's essentially an interactive version of football manager without the disc.

from the man's twitter himself:

John_W_Henry John W. Henry
      Speculation on players shouldn't include those of a certain age. We are not going to be successful by merely filling short-term needs at LFC

edit: So I'm not accused of going too far off-topic, Chivu's headgear is still funny looking.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #36: Jun 30, 2011 08:23:02 pm

Then why are you debating Aguero ? He is even less likely to arrive to LFC than Chivu ...
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #37: Jun 30, 2011 08:26:21 pm
      Then why are you debating Aguero ? He is even less likely to arrive to LFC than Chivu ...
      How do you know?...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #38: Jun 30, 2011 08:34:42 pm

In the same way that RedLFCBlood knows Chivu is not arriving at LFC ...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #39: Jun 30, 2011 09:01:00 pm
      In the same way that RedLFCBlood knows Chivu is not arriving at LFC ...

Not really, he said we won't be getting Chivu because of his age, and well Aguero still has his best years of his career ahead of him.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #40: Jun 30, 2011 09:06:42 pm
      Not really, he said we won't be getting Chivu because of his age, and well Aguero still has his best years of his career ahead of him.

And I say that we won't get Aguero because FSG are not willing to pay him more than we pay Gerrard ... I got this from the same source that RedLFCBlood got the age part ...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41: Jun 30, 2011 09:08:15 pm
      And I say that we won't get Aguero because FSG are not willing to pay him more than we pay Gerrard ... I got this from the same source that RedLFCBlood got the age part ...

I see ...
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #42: Jun 30, 2011 09:18:09 pm
      You're just guessing, with no evidence you're making these ridiculously bold assertions. You can't say we WON'T sign Aguero when you don't know his wage demands
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #43: Jun 30, 2011 09:24:30 pm
      You're just guessing, with no evidence you're making these ridiculously bold assertions. You can't say we WON'T sign Aguero when you don't know his wage demands

Exactly ... Just like RedLFCBlood is guessing when he is saying that we won't sign Chivu ... It is called an educated guess ...
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #44: Jun 30, 2011 09:32:11 pm
      Well it's the off-seaosn and i've got no problem commenting on players even if they aren't gonna be coming to Anfield! I've been a massive fan of Chivu for years now and really hoped the club might have moved for him 5-6 years ago although he has suffered with injuries. A very Hyppiaesque sort of player although perhaps not quite as dominant in the air but better with the ball at his feet. I'd certainly swap him for one of our CBs if the option was there.
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 30, 2011 09:48:19 pm
      John Henry kicked sh*te like this into touch last night.

Yes but these lies obviously went to press before Henry came out and said it, thus making the journo's look like the cocks they are. We'll probably be linked with Roberto Carlos and Harry F*cking Kewell tomorrow

Quick Reply