Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

C. Ronaldo ponders playing for a club "in the North West" of England someday

Read 1790 times
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      C. Ronaldo ponders playing for a club "in the North West" of England someday
      Jul 03, 2011 10:55:25 pm
      Time to read the last line of the article, and put on your FM hat.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: 2-3 years from now, would you make a ridiculous offer to bring The Greasy One to Liverpool?  :couch:

Mou stay stopped Ronaldo joining City
      Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted he considered a move to Manchester City, but will not leave Real Madrid while Jose Mourinho remains in charge.

The Portuguese winger was the subject of reported interest from free-spending City earlier this summer, with record-breaking transfer fees and bumper pay packets discussed.

Ronaldo responded to the rumours by hinting that he could be tempted back to England if the price was right. He has, however, sought to play down any chance of that happening this year by insisting that he will not leave the Santiago Bernabeu will countryman Mourinho is overseeing events in the Spanish capital.

Ronaldo said in the Sunday Mirror: "It's flattering to be offered £20million a year - it's very good, but I spoke to my agent and I think it's better to stay in Madrid because this year we're going to be the best. This season we are going to be a big force.

"Jose Mourinho is staying at Madrid so I stay.

"If he went to Chelsea then I would have left. I would have gone to Manchester City. But now he's staying, I'm staying."

While his immediate future remains in Madrid, Ronaldo has revealed that he does intend to take in a second spell in the Premier League.

Having enjoyed a successful six-year stint with Manchester United between 2003 and 2009, he admits he would welcome the opportunity to return at some stage in his career.

"I think if I went from Spain it would be to the Premier League - but not now," he said.

"First we have to win the Champions League.

"If I went back to the Premier League it would be with a club in the North West. I don't like London."

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/england/story/mourinho-stay-stopped-ronaldo-joining-manchester-city-070311
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: C. Ronaldo ponders playing for a club "in the North West" of England someday
      Reply #1: Jul 03, 2011 10:59:24 pm
      Christiano's Tweet

The Sunday Mirror publishes an interview with me today. All that content is false. I have never spoke with the newsp... http://say.ly/DtjsYT
      MsGerrard
      Re: C. Ronaldo ponders playing for a club "in the North West" of England someday
      Reply #2: Jul 03, 2011 11:18:50 pm
      Must be the Toffee's then  >:D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #3: Jul 03, 2011 11:24:32 pm
      If fat Sam was still at Bolton he would have bought him when he was about 37 ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Jul 04, 2011 06:44:29 am
      That 'quote' about City would had increased some traffic on redcafe :D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5: Jul 04, 2011 09:47:04 am

True, I've heard he's having a leg amputated.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,543 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6: Jul 04, 2011 11:00:34 am
      I hear he's going to Blackburn, the deal includes free chicken for each year he's there.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #7: Jul 04, 2011 11:54:15 am
      I hear he's going to Blackburn, the deal includes free chicken for each year he's there.

So they will market him against kentucky as the " greasy chicken range" ?
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #8: Jul 04, 2011 01:43:09 pm
      and we get pissed off at journos.. i imagine he is well fu**ed off with that story
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #9: Jul 04, 2011 03:53:20 pm
      BlueKipper just got itself a new thread.
      blackout17
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Jul 05, 2011 04:18:29 pm
      Could play for Carlisle United!!!! woo... maybe not..

Quick Reply