Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Chris Mavinga (Liverpool FC --> Rennes)

Read 4922 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Chris Mavinga (Liverpool FC --> Rennes)
      Jul 05, 2011 10:08:34 am

Liverpool FC set for £5million transfer boost with David Ngog and Chris Mavinga set to depart

by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo
      Jul 5 2011

LIVERPOOL FC could secure a £5million boost to their transfer kitty with the sale of French duo David Ngog and Chris Mavinga.

Striker Ngog’s proposed move to Sunderland fell through last month after he failed to agree personal terms.

The Black Cats subsequently signed Ipswich frontman Connor Wickham and their interest in Ngog has cooled.

However, Aston Villa and Fulham have both shown interest in the 22-year-old, who is keen to remain in the Premier League.

The Reds will hope to bank around £4million for Ngog, who has netted 19 goals in 94 appearances following his arrival from Paris St Germain three years ago.

Mavinga is also available following the end of his loan spell with Belgian outfit Racing Genk.

The 20-year-old defender was signed by Rafa Benitez in 2009 but failed to break into the first team.

He is currently with the France squad ahead of the Under-20 World Cup in Colombia later this month and would command a fee of around £1million.

Genk are keen to retain his services on a permanent basis, while reports in France suggest Rennes and Villarreal are also in the hunt to sign him.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/07/05/liverpool-fc-set-for-5million-transfer-boost-with-david-ngog-and-chris-mavinga-set-to-depart-100252-28994292/
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Re: Chris Mavinga (Genk/Rennes/Villarreal)
      Reply #1: Jul 05, 2011 10:24:53 am
      Mavinga on Twitter:

Chris_Mavinga Chris Mavinga
      After the world cup u20 i want to back at Liverpool.. And show what i can do to the manager..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Jul 05, 2011 11:14:02 am
      Mavinga on Twitter:

Chris_Mavinga Chris Mavinga
      After the world cup u20 i want to back at Liverpool.. And show what i can do to the manager..

What's he gonna do to Kenny?
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #3: Jul 05, 2011 01:05:50 pm

All I know is Kenny isn't the type to be receiver.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4: Jul 05, 2011 01:39:52 pm
      Yeah, Kenny's defo more top than bottom.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #5: Jul 05, 2011 01:45:04 pm
      Hopefully he doesn't want to kick Kenny's head off, he's really good at that.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Jul 07, 2011 03:08:26 am
      I have never watched him play is he better than wilson and ayala?
      I heard that he was a very promising player  ??
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #7: Jul 07, 2011 07:48:32 am
      This lad is gone, was on twitterings yesterday.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #8: Jul 07, 2011 11:42:56 am
      Rennes plotting Mavinga move
      Ligue 1 outfit hoping to bring Reds starlet home
      By Patrick Haond.      Last Updated: July 7, 2011 10:25am

Mavinga: Looking to find regular first-team football
      Sky Bet

Sky Bet are offering everyone a Free £5 Bet
      Claim your free bet now
      Rennes coach Pierre Dreossi has admitted to holding an interest in Liverpool defender Chris Mavinga.

The 20-year-old full-back has been on the books at Anfield since 2009 but is yet to force his way into the first-team picture.

He took in a loan spell at Belgian outfit Racing Genk last season, allowing him to make his long-awaited bow in senior football.

With his situation at Liverpool unlikely to change in the coming season, it is now being reported that Mavinga is seeking a permanent move away from Merseyside.

Interest

Rennes are hoping he can be lured back to his homeland, with Dreossi confirming that the France U20 international is on his summer wish list.

He told L'Equipe: "Mavinga? He is a player we are following and we are interested in him. But it is too early to talk about it."

Dreossi claims his priority at present is tying up a deal for Jonathan Pitroipa, with the Hamburgforward set to finalise a move to France in the coming days.

He added: "We will first try to complete the arrival of Jonathan Pitroipa before we look at other options."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7024244,00.html
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #9: Jul 07, 2011 12:26:08 pm
      Mavinga for a first refusal on M'Vila
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #10: Jul 07, 2011 02:40:38 pm

Good shout, someone give this man a job at the club.

That's if we're going to sell him, I'd prefer we didn't but it seems the club is intent on doing so.
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2011 02:46:24 pm by vitez »
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #11: Jul 16, 2011 10:50:23 am

According to ''L'Equipe'', Mavinga will be joining Rennes next week ... The reported fee is €1 million ...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #12: Jul 17, 2011 11:39:04 pm

Liverpool youngster Mavinga set for Rennes move but Cissokho not coming

Last updated at 10:58 PM on 17th July 2011

Liverpool left back Chris Mavinga, 20, hopes to complete his £1million move to Rennes on Monday after the clubs agreed a fee.

However, Liverpool have distanced themselves from a move for Lyon left-back Aly Cissokho despite claims a £9.5m deal was imminent.

Lyon had been asking for £16m for the 23-year-old who has been scouted by Liverpool and Manchester City prior to their signing of Gael Clichy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2015809/Liverpool-defender-Chris-Mavinga-set-Rennes.html
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #13: Jul 19, 2011 07:41:59 pm

Nothing on LFC official site yet, but i found this, looks like a done deal

Official: Rennes sign Chris Mavinga from Liverpool

Four-year contract for former Anfield full-back as he completes move back to France and hopes to have his chance of impressing in Ligue 1
      French club Rennes have announced the arrival of Chris Mavinga from Liverpool.

The 20-year-old Frenchman has penned a four-year deal with the Ligue 1 club following two seasons at Anfield.

Mavinga spent part of the last campaign on loan at Belgian Pro League side Genk, and he has now officially moved back to France.

A note on the club's official website reads:

"Chris Mavinga has signed a four-year deal with Stade Rennais F.C. The former Liverpool defender, 20, will play for a place on the left side of defence."

And, speaking following his arrival, Mavinga said: "I had many offers from clubs abroad, but the Rennes project interested me.

"I know I will have my chance here. Rennes play good football, the team is young and full of potential."

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/19/2581946/official-rennes-sign-chris-mavinga-from-liverpool
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Chris Mavinga (Liverpool FC --> Rennes)
      Reply #14: Jul 19, 2011 08:01:42 pm
      Rennes have confirmed the deal.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Chris Mavinga (Liverpool FC --> Rennes)
      Reply #15: Jul 19, 2011 08:07:28 pm
      I'm gutted.

Quick Reply