Conspiracy or not ?

Read 2619 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Conspiracy or not ?
      Aug 28, 2007 01:34:01 am
      With the recent reffereeing decisions i.e. Chelsea's penalty against the Reds and at least one stone wall penalty for Spurs against the Mancs not given. Is there a conspiracy from above to keep both Chelsea and the Mancs in the title race. We've seen it in Italy, could it be going on here ? Or mabey the refs are an the take ? What's your opinion?  ???
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Conspiracy or not ?
      Reply #1: Aug 28, 2007 01:57:48 am
      Highly unlikely.

But I can see your cause for wondering. Those two pen decisions were ridiculous. See what happens through the course of the season regarding those two teams. You can keep an eye on the bad decisions  ;)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Aug 28, 2007 02:26:16 am
      It is highly unlikely.  But I wouldn't rule it out.

IMO I don't think it was a penatly for Spurs.  I've seen the replay a few times.  No pen.

Wes Browns arm went to his side as it hit his arm, which is not a penatly.
      yorkie18
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 28, 2007 08:14:47 am
      I'd have to say it is a bit suspicious, and I thought so after the United vs Spurs game, that with the decision made against us in the game with Chelsea. I wouldn't be surprised if the ref's were paid extra to make decisions against anyone who isn't United or Chelsea.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #4: Aug 28, 2007 01:57:05 pm
      I'd have to say it is a bit suspicious, and I thought so after the United vs Spurs game, that with the decision made against us in the game with Chelsea. I wouldn't be surprised if the ref's were paid extra to make decisions against anyone who isn't United or Chelsea.

That's why I love ya babe you hit that one right on the head. well done :P
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #5: Aug 28, 2007 04:16:14 pm
      Spurs must be well peeved of that Mendes goal that never was now 2 decent shouts for a pen both games at Old Trafford.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #6: Aug 29, 2007 01:18:35 am
      With the Wes Brown incident, sometimes given somtimes not, fair enough. When Berbatov was downed as he was attempting to run onto a through ball which was eventually cleared off the line, I have to say that was a solid pen without a doubt.

Quick Reply