Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Google +

Read 2565 times
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 861 posts | 39 
      Google +
      Jul 12, 2011 12:42:21 am
      Just thought I would start a thread about the new Social Network that has been released from Google. Currently it is not fully public but I can send anybody invites for it if anyone wants one, just send me your email address it has to be a gmail one though currently.

I think it will turn into a big network and will be around for the long term, it could possibly rival Facebook in a couple of years.

My profile on it is: https://plus.google.com/114354104849174419852/ (The profile URL's will probably be shortened soon to vanity URL's like you get on Facebook)

Anyone who is currently on it post your profile url and I will add you to my LFCreds circle :)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Google +
      Reply #1: Jul 12, 2011 07:29:44 am
      Ooh, seems my works network doesn't recognise it as a social networking site (yet) so doesn't block it  8)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2: Jul 12, 2011 07:51:56 pm
      Looks like FB used to look.

No ads yet.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: Jul 12, 2011 07:54:28 pm
      Must join this tomorrow
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Jul 12, 2011 08:17:50 pm
      It works quite a lot different to Facebook, but it is much better and you get so much more response on it. After using it for a little while, go back to Facebook and you will realise how over cluttered and ugly their site is. Google really did well with the UI of Google+. But I think it is much more of a Twitter type of Facebook, its Twitter but with more than 140 characters. Tbh I really like it so far.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #5: Jul 12, 2011 11:25:15 pm
      I'm on there now (thanks Alex). It's unlikely I'll build much of a profile on there yet as I use Fb quite a bit but at least I can keep an eye on it now. I'm usually very late getting into these things!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #6: Jul 13, 2011 12:24:09 am
      http://gplus.to/jd77

I don't use Facebook much.  Maybe it's because mine consists of people who I went to school with chatting sh*te with people who I don't even know. ;)

I quite like Google+ and the idea behind it.

Put people in circles, or put people in multiple circles, and post accordingly.

My sister probably isn't interested when I talk about Liverpool, and most of my fellow reds don't want to hear me talking about all the techy stuff.

Or, there's no point me talking about a local event with people I know on the other side of the world.

So I quite like the look of it.

My circles are (first three are already there)

Family
      Buds
      Acquaintances
      Fellow Reds
      Locals
      Geeks
      Famous Geeks
      Stalkers from school or old jobs

Or if it's something totally random you can just post it public.

If you go on Facebook right now I'll wager that about 90% of the posts you couldn't really give a toss about.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #7: Jul 15, 2011 08:12:37 pm
      I'm looking for a couple of invites if anyone has some?
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #8: Jul 15, 2011 08:22:42 pm
      I'm looking for a couple of invites if anyone has some?
      PM me your email address
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #9: Jul 15, 2011 08:47:00 pm
      Just PM'd you about an invite.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #10: Jul 16, 2011 12:33:28 am
      Please don't post your email address in this thread - you will end up getting spammed to death.

If anyone wants an invite there are plenty of us now who have access so just fire one of us a PM with your email address.

Best to use the email that you have a google account for.  Doesn't have to be a gmail address - can be the email address you use for Youtube for example.  Only stipulation is that it can't be a Google Apps email address.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #11: Jul 16, 2011 05:08:33 am
      Just saw this thread. I found it okay-ish tbh. The only thing it has above Facebook is that it is slightly more neat. Simplistic- that's the main USP of the thing.

Anyway, PM me if anyone wants the invite. JD's right, don't post your email id on here. :D

danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #12: Jul 16, 2011 10:05:49 am
      Please don't post your email address in this thread - you will end up getting spammed to death.

If anyone wants an invite there are plenty of us now who have access so just fire one of us a PM with your email address.

Best to use the email that you have a google account for.  Doesn't have to be a gmail address - can be the email address you use for Youtube for example.  Only stipulation is that it can't be a Google Apps email address.

Sorry mate. It's not really an email address I use for anything but signing up for things but was silly of me!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #13: Jul 29, 2011 01:37:01 pm
      I'm on it but not got the opportunity update my profile/pics or even add anyone yet as the app and the iPhone browser version doesn't seem to give me an option. :D

Quick Reply