Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Maxi and Cole are good enough BUT...

Read 8193 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Maxi and Cole are good enough BUT...
      Reply #46: Aug 16, 2011 11:41:57 pm
      Actually, Cole is a winger so should not have to score everygame.

Has Chelsea gave up on Torres overnight? No! because you don't go crap overnight, you go through a bad patch!
      Joe cole has 3 goals from 32, Torres has 1 from 19 unless you include pre-season.
      If you do the math, 3 x 19 is 57, which 25 more than 32... and Torres is a striker.
      Lucas Levia has 168 caps and 6 goals...so...
      Keeping the subject on wingers, Aaron Lennon scored 3 goals from 35 caps last season for Spurs.
      Do you think Spurs fans are giving him stick and asking how many England goals he scored?

Since when has Rooney scored for England compared to Manchester United? how can club and country be compaired like this? International football is not the same as club football.

Apologies about spelling Meireles wong, did you know you started two sentences with and?

Has someone been using Babelfish to translate English to Retard and then back again...?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #47: Aug 16, 2011 11:44:04 pm

I stopped reading here.
      cjchaos
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #48: Aug 16, 2011 11:45:30 pm
      What the f**k are you talking about?

All that math sh*t was the stuff of lunacy, honestly, I've never seen such idotic posting from someone who wasn't a WUM

Lucas is a defensive midfielder, he's not here to score goals, Masch didn't, are you gonna say he was no good?

YOU were the one who said we should play Cole because of his international experience and then you turn round and say that international records mean nothing?

I'm not even rising to it anymore, NUMPTY

I said international experience is not everything, of course it is something you can judge from, but it is not everything.
      It helps to have international experience but no point in kicking them out the sqaud if they don't score an international goal for a while.
      Asking when did Joe cole last score a goal for England was a bit strange.
      I am simply making a point, you cannot say Cole is not a good player because he had a bad season any didn't score many goals.
      I hope Cole gets some caps this season and when all the fans change their mind about him, I can feel good in knowing I had faith in our players and not discontent.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #49: Aug 16, 2011 11:49:15 pm
      Apologies about spelling Meireles wong, did you know you started two sentences with and?
      Wong!

simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #50: Aug 16, 2011 11:50:33 pm
      I said international experience is not everything, of course it is something you can judge from, but it is not everything.
      It helps to have international experience but no point in kicking them out the sqaud if they don't score an international goal for a while.
      I am simply making a point, you cannot say Cole is not a good player because he had a bad season any didn't score many goals.
      Mate, you're in no place to be talking to ANYONE like they're stupid

If you take cjchaos's football knowledge, times it by Joe Cole's scoring record and plus one, you get the amount of fingers I'm holding up at the screen right now
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #51: Aug 16, 2011 11:52:59 pm
      Mate, you're in no place to be talking to ANYONE like they're stupid

If you take cjchaos's football knowledge, times it by Joe Cole's scoring record and plus one, you get the amount of fingers I'm holding up at the screen right now

If my maths is correct, that would be... one.

Am I right? ;D
      cjchaos
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #52: Aug 16, 2011 11:53:35 pm

haha, yeah well, i didn't notice that sorry... my keyboard can be a bit crap at times.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #53: Aug 16, 2011 11:54:26 pm
      If my maths is correct, that would be... one.

Am I right? ;D
      Bang on

+ for math skills as i have no gold stars ;)
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #54: Aug 17, 2011 12:01:42 am
      Keeping the subject on wingers, Aaron Lennon scored 3 goals from 35 caps last season for Spurs.
      Do you think Spurs fans are giving him stick and asking how many England goals he scored?

The spuds fans I sit next to in work think he's sh*t.  Not rated by them or many others from what they say.
      cjchaos
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #55: Aug 17, 2011 12:02:52 am
      I said Torres scored 1 goal in 19, Cole 3 games in 32, by that ratio 1:19 is same as 3:57, so this means Cole for Liverpool has been 46% more effective caps per game than Torres has been for Chelsea at scoring goals.. and Cole is a winger not a striker. Chelsea still use Torres so why have we given up on Cole? Cole is 29 and Torres is 27... so I am really not understanding why fans aren't giving cole support?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #56: Aug 17, 2011 12:04:32 am

so I am really not understanding why fans aren't giving cole support?

Because we've watched him.
      cjchaos
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #57: Aug 17, 2011 12:07:12 am
      Also,

Samir Nasri in 2009-2010 seaosn scored 5 goals from 34 apps,
      Season after 15 goals from 45 apps...  he more than doubled his goal per game ratio in one season.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #58: Aug 17, 2011 12:08:00 am
      Why are you comparing our players to Torres at Chelsea?

Ridiculous

And for the record, he plays because Abramovich insists on it cos he doesn't wanna look a fool for paying all that money for a player who hasn't been the same since injury and never will be

;)
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #59: Aug 17, 2011 12:09:23 am

Cole is done as a top 6 player ... Maxi isn't ... Therefore, we keep Maxi and pray that there is another Cecil, playing real life football manager, at some other club ...
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #60: Aug 17, 2011 12:10:49 am
      Cole is done as a top 6 player ... Maxi isn't ... Therefore, we keep Maxi and pray that there is another Cecil, playing real life football manager, at some other club ...

Or Neil Warnock or Hairy Kneecaps step forward!
      cjchaos
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #61: Aug 17, 2011 12:15:45 am
      Okay well, I will remain optimistic on my own then. There is room for improvement in Cole and I hope this is the season it gets delivered. Atleast people agree with me on Maxi
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #62: Aug 17, 2011 12:39:15 am

Agree.

Some may argue he is done as a top half player.

Not too sure on Rodriguez. I'd definitely have him in ahead of Cole. Far more to his game.  I just wonder if he is winding down in his career already.  His talk about returning back to South America surprised me. 

I think he offers us something a little different when he plays on the wing.  Problem with him is - he isn't a grafter.  Kenny likes his wingers to put a shift in and not be painting their nails when the opposition have the ball.
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Reply #63: Aug 17, 2011 12:56:43 am
      Back to West Ham?
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #64: Aug 17, 2011 11:41:19 am
      Agree.

Not too sure on Rodriguez. I'd definitely have him in ahead of Cole. Far more to his game.  I just wonder if he is winding down in his career already.  His talk about returning back to South America surprised me. 

I think he offers us something a little different when he plays on the wing.  Problem with him is - he isn't a grafter.  Kenny likes his wingers to put a shift in and not be painting their nails when the opposition have the ball.
      I agree with all of this. :gt-happyup:
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #65: Aug 17, 2011 12:12:26 pm
      Maxi looked far better at the end of the season due to the style of football we played, where players seemed to have a position, but were also free to roam and interchange.  I really don't see Maxi as a winger though - more a wide player say in the style of a Ray Houghton (kind of).  I think he is a better bet than Cole to keep as a squad player, but can also be fairly ineffective at times.

Cole for me is one in a long list of players who are not quite the same when they join us as before (Paul Stewart being my favourite example of this).  I would be more than happy with Cole if he was the player we all know he can be, but sadly that is far from evident on what we saw of him last year.  The problem is everyone else saw how he was last year and would you buy him based on that?
      cjchaos
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #66: Aug 17, 2011 08:13:49 pm
      I hope by end of the season Cole has been prolific. It is like I said in another post, one bad season and you are all saying he is rubbish, might I remind you he is still 29 and has been one of the most intelligent players of our generation. I think he has a couple of years in him yet even if he had one bad season.
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #67: Aug 17, 2011 09:24:11 pm
      We really have to keep Maxi, as he is our only real right winger. As for Cole, his huge wage is posing a problem and I believe Kenny is looking to offload him, but if we don't get a good deal we might as well stick with him and hope for the best. He is "only" 29 and we are talking about him like he is past 35.

He can get better, it's all about him. Obviously he lacks motivation. He must improve his fitness and show some fire when playing. I agree he looks past his best now, but there is definitely time for him to turn this situation around for mutual betterment.

Quick Reply