Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Malaysia XI 3-6 Liverpool: Post match thoughts.

Read 35456 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Malaysia XI 3-6 Liverpool: Post match thoughts.
      Reply #322: Jul 16, 2011 03:48:14 pm
      The more 4-3 and 6-3 games we have out there the better. Far more interesting to watch than us winning 1-0 for the fans out there.

The fans will all be coming back for more after those 2 games in China and Malaysia.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #323: Jul 16, 2011 03:55:44 pm
      Only saw the second half but our defence was poor again. Aquilani had a good game. As I said sometimes it comes off for him, last match it didn't .... today he played much better in a more advanced role. Still floated about but made some good passes and actually challenged for the ball on a couple of occasions. I think the big greek and Wilson struggled, Insua looked good going forward but was slow tracking back. N'gog looked like N'gog, again sometimes it comes off for him.

Good training match against players who without being cruel wouldn't get a game for our reserves.

How did Adam play ? 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #324: Jul 16, 2011 04:20:56 pm
      Just got back home.

Thought Cole did relatively well. Adam was good as well. Has vision and can pick a pass out but the two people that stood out the most for me were Jack Robinson and Alberto Aquilani.

Jack played like it was a world cup final. Going in for tackles even ain the opposition half. Aquilani, boy, can he pick a pass or can he pick a pass? Stylish, flair, creative and nice backheels.

Atmosphere wasn't great, though. Apart from the "Liverpool, Liverpool" and the YWNA anthem played at the end, there were no other chants at my side. Not sure about the other side but the horns were annoying as hell. The atmosphere during the training and at Pavillion were better.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #325: Jul 16, 2011 04:23:09 pm
      Did not see the game was out for a birthday absolutely chuffed that Alberto had a great game!

Get the F**k in!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #326: Jul 16, 2011 04:29:39 pm
      Oh yeah, managed to get a pic with John Barnes :) He was doing the commentary in front of me.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #327: Jul 16, 2011 04:29:41 pm
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #328: Jul 16, 2011 04:40:11 pm
      I though Agger was quite frankly shocking and careless in the first half today. He was pissing around with the ball at the back and couldn't make a pass to save his life! I hope to see a big improvement in him for the next friendly. Plus points...I thought Carroll looked very good at holding the ball up and retaining possession today, Adam looked bright in the first half and showed balls converting the penalty for a second time, Aquilani looked very bright spraying about a few intelligent passes and getting a couple of assists, and Insua actually surprised me today making the most of the space he was given going forward. All in all a decent day at the office, but even though its pre-season, its still worrying that the defence has leaked so many goals. I expected Kenny, (and more threatningly Carra!) to have a word with the defenders after the last performance but the improvement was only slight! We'll need to improve quickly for the start of the season.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #329: Jul 16, 2011 04:46:29 pm
      I blame Poulsen!

Yesterday, at the Pavillion, they asked each player a question and Poulsen was asked "What is your score prediction?"

He actually said he'd like to see 4-3 again! :laugh:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #330: Jul 16, 2011 05:28:23 pm
      F**k me even saint said aquilani was good he must have been sensational for saint to compliment him. Can see a lot of egg on faces if aquilani stays this season he was head and shoulders above anyone else today. I think we need fsg cheque book again though for the defence
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #331: Jul 16, 2011 05:43:02 pm
      F**k me even saint said aquilani was good he must have been sensational for saint to compliment him. Can see a lot of egg on faces if aquilani stays this season he was head and shoulders above anyone else today. I think we need fsg cheque book again though for the defence

Ha ha ha, I always say it as I see it. I have never doubted he is a good player, just that he struggles in the prem. I have seen nothing to change my view on that, either today when he played well or the other day when he was poor.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #332: Jul 16, 2011 05:49:48 pm
      F**k me did isee liverpool supporters cheer when the Malaysian team scored.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #333: Jul 16, 2011 06:17:38 pm
      Did anyone else read about John Henry's comments on twitter regarding Aquilani and Ngog following the game? I agree Aquilani had a good game, n Ngog did ok...but that combined with some of the comments on here should be careful not to get too excited...we were playing a Malaysian 11! Just because David took his chances against them doesn't mean he can do it against the Mancs or Chelsea...and while Aqua looked sharp and made a couple of great passes (and I am pro-Alberto and want him to stay before anyone says anything) hows he gonna do on a rainy day in London? I mean I think he has what it takes to be quality but lets not get too excited based on a performance against a sub-standard team ay?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #334: Jul 16, 2011 06:28:00 pm
      I think people are just taking encouraging signs from the game and certain players performances to be honest mate.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #335: Jul 16, 2011 06:34:11 pm

Yeah. They certainly did. Kinda weird seeing people in Liverpool tops cheering when Malaysia scored.

And my, Martin Kelly was struggling! Don't blame him, though. Difficult conditions to play in.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,264 posts | 2858 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #336: Jul 16, 2011 06:55:00 pm

Well can you blame them, I'm sure we'd be the same if we were playing Eng-er-land and shrek scored for the 3 Lions. No?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #337: Jul 16, 2011 06:59:48 pm
      Can't really blame them. It's not often they score, especially against Liverpool! :lmao:

I didn't jump around or anything but I did clap :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #338: Jul 16, 2011 07:03:57 pm
      Typical pre-season match, with players struggling with the conditions the main problem, dont forget it was about 32 celsius out there, but not so much the heat but the humidity, anyone who has been to that part of the world will know how it feels, big Andy got increasingly frustrated,young Kelly struggled and Flanno also, thought Adam played well again and Alberto was boss, the rest you cant really fault,everyone is trying their best with match fitness being the key to the heavy touches and the mis-control, but we all know that will come as time goes on, cant believe some posters are on Alberto's case, if i remember he played well and was used to the prem the season before last,and in fact in some games he was arguably MOM, give the bloke a break, he like everyone else needs time to bed in, find his touch and get match fit, then maybe after 5 or 6 games we can start to critisise if we need to, until then shut the F**k up.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #339: Jul 16, 2011 10:03:47 pm

Thanks for the highlights mate, just got in from a monster 10 hr drive, so very much appreciated !
      will get round to reading the match thread tomorrow, too knackered at the minute.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #340: Jul 16, 2011 10:21:42 pm
      Thought Ngog and Aquilani had decent games, but it has to be looked at in perspective, we were playing Malaysia. Let wait till they play in the EPL, before we judge.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #341: Jul 16, 2011 11:09:21 pm
      If we actually played some friendlies in England against English teams it would be easier to judge players preseason.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #342: Jul 16, 2011 11:12:39 pm
      Reason we play against Asian teams is to break into these markets because they are potentially massive revenue generators
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #343: Jul 16, 2011 11:19:56 pm
      Cheers to fields of anny rd for the highlights link as I was working all day and missed the game.

Can't tell too much from that apart from poor goal keeping for their second and third, good finishes from Dirk and N'Gog and a few good touches from Aquilani.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6821 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #344: Jul 16, 2011 11:31:22 pm
      F**k, thought this game was on tonight our time, screwed that up royally.

Well done lads, 2 friendlies, 2 wins. Let's go undefeated for the whole season.  ;D

Quick Reply