Trending Topics

Alexander Doni (Liverpool > Botafogo)

Read 32000 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: Alexander Doni Player Thread
      Reply #138: Nov 16, 2012 02:26:05 am
      He needs to get back, ASAP.  He was class each time he came on last season.  World-class keeper. 

:lmao:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #139: Nov 16, 2012 02:39:14 am
      He needs to get back, ASAP.  He was class each time he came on last season.  World-class keeper. 

I'll have what he's  :cool-smiley-027:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Re: Re: Alexander Doni Player Thread
      Reply #141: Jan 25, 2013 05:55:10 pm

Let me get this straight......  In your opinion Fabio Borini, a full Italian international player at the age of 21 is not LFC standard, but Doni is a "world-class keeper" ???

You couldn't make this up!!!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Re: Alexander Doni Player Thread
      Reply #142: Jan 28, 2013 07:01:54 pm
      Let me get this straight......  In your opinion Fabio Borini, a full Italian international player at the age of 21 is not LFC standard, but Doni is a "world-class keeper" ???

You couldn't make this up!!!

You don't base this stuff off of caps (in fact Borini didn't even get on the pitch once during the Euros), you go off of what you see in front of you.

Coates was also a "full Uruguayan international player" at the age of 21.  I suppose you believe he is LFC standard, simply because of that?  I'm assuming that when you saw how awful he was against Oldham, your first thought was "it's okay, Coates is LFC standard, I know so because he's a full Uruguayan international!"

Wake up.

I don't know what the hell is going on with Doni.  I do know that when he played for us last season, he was absolutely brilliant, way better than Reina ever was last season.  You prefer to go off of paper stats---that's what got Kenny and Comolli in trouble.  I prefer to go off of what you can see on the pitch.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #143: Jan 31, 2013 09:57:32 am
      Federer....

Doni.. World class?

Ok ive heard it all now..

Your whole, look at the wide picture, judge what you see and then call Doni world class... world class?
      You're definatley on a wind up lad..

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #144: Jan 31, 2013 12:52:00 pm
      I don't know what the hell is going on with Doni.  I do know that when he played for us last season, he was absolutely brilliant, way better than Reina ever was last season.

Alright there Ob1Comolli, think you need to calm down a bit.
      Titanic
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #145: Jan 31, 2013 02:00:04 pm
      James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho
      Will the mystery of Alexander Doni ever be solved? Keeper won't be coming back to #LFC as contract been cancelled.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #146: Jan 31, 2013 02:59:17 pm
      Looks like Alexander has Doni runner back to Brazil to play for Botafogo..
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #147: Jan 31, 2013 05:00:43 pm
      Signed for Botafogo on free transfer, so off to the General Football section for you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21278613
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Re: Alexander Doni (Liverpool > Botafogo)
      Reply #149: Jan 31, 2013 05:19:28 pm
      Can't believe we let a world class player leave on a free :P
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #150: Jan 31, 2013 06:42:48 pm
      What an odd odd odd mystery all around.

Watch it turn out to be a case of he has BO and the rest of the squad didn't want him around.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,249 posts | 2799 
      Reply #151: Jan 31, 2013 07:24:51 pm
      "We should clarify that former Brazil international goalkeeper Doni is leaving Liverpool to join Botafogo of Ribeirao Preto, not the much more famous Botafogo of Rio.

"His new club are currently disputing the Sao Paulo state championship, hoping to get back to national fourth division.

Wow, he really is sh*te!!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #152: Jan 31, 2013 08:02:37 pm
      "We should clarify that former Brazil international goalkeeper Doni is leaving Liverpool to join Botafogo of Ribeirao Preto, not the much more famous Botafogo of Rio.

"His new club are currently disputing the Sao Paulo state championship, hoping to get back to national fourth division.

People said I was exaggerating when I said I thought it was a bloody joke of a signing, but now everyone can see how highly regarded he is in his home country...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8515 
      Reply #153: Jan 31, 2013 11:28:07 pm

White lines allegedly!! Heard that sick father stuff is all bullshit.

You don't base this stuff off of caps (in fact Borini didn't even get on the pitch once during the Euros), you go off of what you see in front of you.

Coates was also a "full Uruguayan international player" at the age of 21.  I suppose you believe he is LFC standard, simply because of that?  I'm assuming that when you saw how awful he was against Oldham, your first thought was "it's okay, Coates is LFC standard, I know so because he's a full Uruguayan international!"

Wake up.

I don't know what the hell is going on with Doni.  I do know that when he played for us last season, he was absolutely brilliant, way better than Reina ever was last season.  You prefer to go off of paper stats---that's what got Kenny and Comolli in trouble.  I prefer to go off of what you can see on the pitch.

Get to F**k softarse, he was F***ing sh*te. Absolutely brilliant my F***ing arse. Let's remember this c**t conceded seven, yes F***ing seven goals when playing for Roma against the mancs in Europe, there is no way we should of bought this useless F***ing c**t.

And Gulasci is a better keeper than Doni!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8515 
      Reply #154: Jan 31, 2013 11:29:45 pm

Ha ha F**k me thought it was Botafogo of Rio, F***ing hell who cashed in on this c**t then when we signed him?

What an odd odd odd mystery all around.

Watch it turn out to be a case of he has BO and the rest of the squad didn't want him around.

I've heard a story he was caught with drugs in his system during a drugs test done by the club and this was their way of F***ing him off.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #155: Jan 31, 2013 11:31:21 pm
      And Gulasci is a better keeper than Doni!!

Amen.

Doni should have never been signed.
      Yet another ridiculous waste of money.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #156: Jan 31, 2013 11:34:09 pm
      I'm sorry you do not go from 150 odd appearances at Roma a couple years back to fighting the Sao Paulo State Championship without something going seriously wrong at Liverpool. Clearly hints at some real personal issues happening with him and the CIA secrecy that has surrounded his last few months has been bizarre to say the least and very unlike the team to keep things this under wraps.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,070 posts | 8515 
      Reply #157: Jan 31, 2013 11:42:44 pm
      I'm sorry you do not go from 150 odd appearances at Roma a couple years back to fighting the Sao Paulo State Championship without something going seriously wrong at Liverpool. Clearly hints at some real personal issues happening with him and the CIA secrecy that has surrounded his last few months has been bizarre to say the least and very unlike the team to keep things this under wraps.

He was still sh*te when he played for Roma, sick of saying it, should never have been at the club.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #158: Feb 01, 2013 12:46:49 am
      White lines allegedly!! Heard that sick father stuff is all bullshit.

Actually for what it's worth, The South Florida area has lots of high end treatment facilities for addictions.  Not saying that's why he's been in Miami, just may be putting 2=2 together and coming up with 5.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #159: Feb 01, 2013 12:50:57 am

So the 'World Class' Doni is now plying his trade in the lower reaches of Brazilian football.

How the mighty have fallen. :f_tongueincheek:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #160: Feb 01, 2013 01:08:10 am
      So the 'World Class' Doni is now plying his trade in the lower reaches of Brazilian football.

How the mighty have fallen. :f_tongueincheek:

:lmao:

Quick Reply