Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Joe Cole (Liverpool -> West Ham)

Read 156263 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Re: Joe Cole Player Thread
      Reply #1564: Dec 14, 2012 01:22:46 pm
      I'd move Gerrard out wide and rest Allen.   I know Gerrard's legs are not what they were, but he's still the best crosser in the league and would cause a lot of damage out there

And watch Gerrard get another titty-lip on, nah F**k that, I personally wouldn't mess around with the team that much and to be honest I'd rather see Allen play than Cole, he might have scored last weekend, but he's still an overpayed cockney c**t who shouldn't be anywhere near the club.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1565: Jan 04, 2013 04:24:14 pm
      I always felt Joe meant well, but he just never had it anymore. Was a poor signing by the club, but he really can't be faulted when a big club comes in for him offering stupid money. And it was stupid.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #1566: Jan 04, 2013 04:27:39 pm
      Said it before and I'll say it again. I like Joe and it wasn't through want of trying that it hasn't worked out.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Joe Cole (Liverpool -> West Ham)
      Reply #1567: Jan 04, 2013 05:20:07 pm
      RedKenny's first post in this thread was about right!

Can't believe he's taken a massive pay off.  I assume if he gets injured whilst at West Ham then we are still 'insured' not to have to pay him?

(Although knowing how Liverpool is run - probably not).
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1568: Jan 04, 2013 05:45:58 pm
      RedKenny's first post in this thread was about right!

Can't believe he's taken a massive pay off.  I assume if he gets injured whilst at West Ham then we are still 'insured' not to have to pay him?

(Although knowing how Liverpool is run - probably not).

If he's consistent about anything it's got to be taking the piss, he's never measured up and he knows it.
      Whoever thought Cole could do a job for LFC wants F***ing.

Silly me they did didn't and they got weighed in as well for F**k knows what.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1569: Jan 04, 2013 07:11:04 pm
       Well we have acheived the aim of the game and got rid of Joe,but what will the true cost be,also what has he cost over his time with us.It will be interesting to see what the cost is regarding games/minutes played.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1570: Jan 04, 2013 08:43:59 pm
      Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Just need Drowning to join him now.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #1571: Jan 04, 2013 08:54:31 pm
      Well we have acheived the aim of the game and got rid of Joe,but what will the true cost be,also what has he cost over his time with us.It will be interesting to see what the cost is regarding games/minutes played.

Gonna have a go at this myself;

He reportedly was on £92,000 a week.

He joined on the 21st July 2010. So that's around 128 weeks.

However Lille paid 40% of his wages while he was there on loan. So we paid him £55,200 for 39 weeks.

So we paid him £92,000 for 89 weeks.

89 X 92,000 = £8,188,000

And £55,200 for 39 weeks

39 X 55,200 = £2,152,800

And that £3 mil sweetener we paid him to F**k off. So,

8,188,000 + 2,152,800 + 3,000,000 = £13,340,800

In that time he has made 42 appearances for LFC and scored 5 goals.

He started 23 games, was on the bench for 9 games, subbed on 19 times and subbed off 15 times.

He made 26 Premier League appearances, 15 in the Europa League and just 1 in the League Cup.

So we basically paid £2,668,160 per goal from Joe and £580,035 per start.

**Not sure about minutes but I'm not sure I want to now**

That's just off the more reputable figures I found, so they're give or take figures.

P.S. since it's been denied by the club I didn't add in the rumoured £6 mil signing on fee from when he joined.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1572: Jan 04, 2013 10:05:01 pm
      Gonna have a go at this myself;

He reportedly was on £92,000 a week.

He joined on the 21st July 2010. So that's around 128 weeks.

However Lille paid 40% of his wages while he was there on loan. So we paid him £55,200 for 39 weeks.

So we paid him £92,000 for 89 weeks.

89 X 92,000 = £8,188,000

And £55,200 for 39 weeks

39 X 55,200 = £2,152,800

And that £3 mil sweetener we paid him to f**k off. So,

8,188,000 + 2,152,800 + 3,000,000 = £13,340,800

In that time he has made 42 appearances for LFC and scored 5 goals.

He started 23 games, was on the bench for 9 games, subbed on 19 times and subbed off 15 times.

He made 26 Premier League appearances, 15 in the Europa League and just 1 in the League Cup.

So we basically paid £2,668,160 per goal from Joe and £580,035 per start.

**Not sure about minutes but I'm not sure I want to now**

That's just off the more reputable figures I found, so they're give or take figures.

P.S. since it's been denied by the club I didn't add in the rumoured £6 mil signing on fee from when he joined.
      Thanks for putting the effort in mate,I don't think you are far off the mark with those figures.Also I think there could be some truth in that signing on fee,and we thought Harry Kewell was bad,at least he did'nt play because of injuries.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1573: Jan 05, 2013 06:52:24 pm
      Doing the business now with the Hammers, well in Joe lad, West Ham beating the scum !!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1574: Aug 26, 2013 08:28:00 pm
      My mate just posted this on facebook.

My reply.

Bank card, Cocaine, rolled up £10 note and a hammer with 20 tabs, I think you're trying to say something.....

Are you Joe Cole former Engurland international ?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1575: Aug 26, 2013 08:32:48 pm
      Is that supposed to be JC on the credit card?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1576: Aug 26, 2013 09:38:06 pm
      Is that supposed to be JC on the credit card?

Dunno mate I just the fags and hammer and thought of Joe Cole :D
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #1577: Aug 11, 2014 12:05:30 pm
       Joe Cole: Liverpool think they are as big as Chelsea, but they're WRONG!

The ex-England international has criticised his old club for thinking that they are the 'biggest team in England'.

Cole, 32, joined Liverpool after being released by Chelsea in 2010.

The former West Ham star spent seven-years with the west London side, but was plagued by injuries during his time at Stamford Bridge.

He failed to hold down a place in the starting 11 during his stay at Liverpool, and made only 26 appearances for the club before returning to his boyhood team West Ham in 2013.

In an interview with CFCUK Fanzine, Cole spoke about his time at Anfield, and revealed that everyone at the club genuinely believed that they were the biggest side in the country.

Cole said: "When I joined, the guy interviewing me said “you’ve joined the biggest club in the country” and reeled off the trophies they’d won.

"I just said 'Yeah, if you put it like that, I suppose you’re right', and Liverpool used that as the headline to the interview.

"I didn’t want to upset anyone so I just went along with it. But obviously they are not the biggest club any more."

He added: ‘How do you judge how big a club are? Nottingham Forest won the European Cup twice but they’re not a bigger club than Chelsea."

www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/391372/Joe-Cole-Liverpool-think-they-are-as-big-as-Chelsea-but-they-re-WRONG

Guy's a Class 1 pr**k
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #1578: Aug 11, 2014 12:26:18 pm
       Joe Cole: Liverpool think they are as big as Chelsea, but they're WRONG!

The ex-England international has criticised his old club for thinking that they are the 'biggest team in England'.

Cole, 32, joined Liverpool after being released by Chelsea in 2010.

The former West Ham star spent seven-years with the west London side, but was plagued by injuries during his time at Stamford Bridge.

He failed to hold down a place in the starting 11 during his stay at Liverpool, and made only 26 appearances for the club before returning to his boyhood team West Ham in 2013.

In an interview with CFCUK Fanzine, Cole spoke about his time at Anfield, and revealed that everyone at the club genuinely believed that they were the biggest side in the country.

Cole said: "When I joined, the guy interviewing me said “you’ve joined the biggest club in the country” and reeled off the trophies they’d won.

"I just said 'Yeah, if you put it like that, I suppose you’re right', and Liverpool used that as the headline to the interview.

"I didn’t want to upset anyone so I just went along with it. But obviously they are not the biggest club any more."

He added: ‘How do you judge how big a club are? Nottingham Forest won the European Cup twice but they’re not a bigger club than Chelsea."

www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/391372/Joe-Cole-Liverpool-think-they-are-as-big-as-Chelsea-but-they-re-WRONG

Guy's a Class 1 pr**k
      That's an old interview only being brought up now because they have F**k all else to write about.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1579: Aug 11, 2014 12:38:56 pm
      Joe cole arrives at LFC and says something positive and then years later does an interview and says something negative.

Seriously, who gives a F**k.

Quick Reply