Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Champions League Group Stage Draw - 30th August @ 5pm

Read 3051 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Champions League Group Stage Draw - 30th August @ 5pm
      Reply #23: Aug 30, 2007 06:00:43 pm
      Happy enough with that, TBH we should've been able to beat any of the 2nd 3rd & 4th seeds.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #24: Aug 30, 2007 06:17:07 pm
      Group E
      BARCELONA
      Lyon
      Stuttgart
      Rangers

Haha, have to feel sorry for Rangers!

My prediction for our group is us 1st, Porto qualifying second, and Marsielle then Besiktas. We can't get complacent against the last two though, and Porto proved troublesome vs Chelsea last year. Overall I'm not that happy with it, but none of those three times would have wanted to draw us...
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #25: Aug 30, 2007 06:23:00 pm
      FCPorto, LiverpoolFC don't have chance to face them in Feneyord port football competition. I wonder if they got stronger, they're now in second place of the Portuguese Liga (they've just played 2 games, 2 wins, scored 3 goals). Marseille is tough, they're second of Ligue 1 last season, they also got Zendel and Cisse from LiverpoolFC, those two always appears in starting lineup, good for them (but now Marseille's in 14th place, played 6 games, 1 win, 2 loss, 3 draws). Besiktas finish at second place last season with 58 points (the first, Fenerbahce got 64 points), they got 17 wins, 7 draws and 8 loss, they scored 42 goals last season.
      The fixture'll be up tonight, must always stay logged on.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2007 07:05:05 pm by Chitose »
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #26: Aug 31, 2007 05:26:57 am
      Very happy with that draw. Although with our record in Europe you got to be confident no matter who you face. ;)

Pretty easy draws for the English sides, although Celtic and Rangers will find it really tough. Especially Rangers, who I must say I have a soft spot for having been to Ibrox a few times. Although for them I don't suppose they will mind a trip to the Nou Camp as they are not expected to do much!

Overall a reasonably comfortable draw for us that should really see us qualify with ease. No long trips really apart from Turkey, but we just love going there ;D

Quick Reply