Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Alvaro Pereira (Porto)

Read 21623 times
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell
      • Started Topic

• 612 posts |
      Alvaro Pereira (Porto)
      Jul 21, 2011 10:05:22 am
      http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=276801

Fee of 20mil quoted.

Much appreciated by Kenny Dalglish. In England it is believed that the Reds are willing to pay the 20 million termination clause. America's Cup is to be the ideal showcase. Alvaro Pereira can be output over FC Porto and represent a significant inflow of money into the coffers of blue and white. The Uruguayan left-back is in the plans of some major European clubs, and I gather that the Liverpool Raul Meireles brand position to try to gain advantage in the race to a player who has shone in the Copa America as the left middle. While maintaining the negotiations with the French Aly Cissokho, also a former FC Porto who now represents the Lyon, the Reds may be preparing an offensive to ensure the hiring of Alvaro Pereira. Sources close to the process admitted that in BALL Anfield prospect that the deal could advance the value of the termination clause of the player, the figure of 20 million euros. Amount, and a principle that Pinto da Costa would not give up, especially in cases of the most emblematic players of blue and white house. But the president of FC Porto has also publicly acknowledged to be alert to the possibility of leaving any football player, specifically citing If Alvaro Pereira. And the side / middle left had not yet begun to shine in Copa America ... Read more in the print edition of the Ball

Sorry about bad grammar, translated by google.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Alvaro Pereira (Porto)
      Reply #1: Jul 21, 2011 10:12:05 am
      Really like the lad but can any of us really see us spending £20 million on a left back
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 21, 2011 10:26:58 am
      Really like the lad but can any of us really see us spending £20 million on a left back

I'd say we could get him for less than that, but we did spend £18m on a right back not so long ago
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: Jul 21, 2011 10:28:11 am
      That deal was a lot based on what Portsmouth still owed us for Crouch.
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 21, 2011 10:41:07 am
      That deal was a lot based on what Portsmouth still owed us for Crouch.

I completely forgot about that.

Would rather this guy over the likes of Enrique, but wouldnt be too disappointed if we stick with Johnson on the left with Kelly on the right and use the youngsters as back up.
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #5: Jul 21, 2011 10:51:28 am
      This is what, 8th left back connected with us so far? Clichy, Enrique, Izaguirre, Jensen, Taiwo, Cissokho, Ziegler and now Pereira? I really wish if we could finaly solve this problem because it's getting annoying.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #6: Jul 21, 2011 12:40:10 pm
      He's been good in the Copa America from what I've seen.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #7: Jul 21, 2011 12:43:36 pm
      Looked sh*t hot every time I've seen him and he's a much better defender than Coentrao.

Would be an excellent signing.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #8: Jul 21, 2011 01:13:09 pm
      This is what, 8th left back connected with us so far? Clichy, Enrique, Izaguirre, Jensen, Taiwo, Cissokho, Ziegler and now Pereira?
      ...Bridge, Coentrao, Baines...     they're blatantly just guessing.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #9: Jul 21, 2011 01:43:40 pm
      I really really like him, the Portuguese media is saying we are on the verge of signing him. Rumours we had a 13.5 million bid turned down they want 17 million euro
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #10: Jul 21, 2011 02:39:04 pm
      I really really like him, the Portuguese media is saying we are on the verge of signing him. Rumours we had a 13.5 million bid turned down they want 17 million euro

I would take him for that price. Like I said above, I've watched a lot of Uruguay lately and he's been impressive.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #11: Jul 21, 2011 03:09:49 pm
      Watched abit of Uruguay in the Copa America and he has looked good, but I haven't seen any of Porto last season, and club football is where you want to judge potential signings, not a one off tournament.

harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #12: Jul 21, 2011 03:16:54 pm
      This rumor has been gaining steam, but we've all seen this before.... 

I think the writing is on the wall for Insua if we do sign this lad. 
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #13: Jul 21, 2011 03:23:00 pm

They say we're on the verge of signing him and claim we haven't agreed a fee yet? How does that work out?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14: Jul 21, 2011 03:30:39 pm
      When you guys watched him play for Uruguay, haven't you noticed he's been playing mostly as a left midfielder?

They had Fucile as a left back in the World Cup, now have Caceres in the Copa America.

He has great pace and offensive skills, like him as player as well, but would never pay 20M euros (his release clause) for him, or anything close to it.

I wouldn't get carried away with some of those Uruguayans to be honest, Fucile was incredible in the WC but never caught much attention in club football. Arévalos Rios is a very good, hard working defensive midfielder while playing for Celeste, but couldn't even get a starting place at Botafogo, been recently sold to a small Mexican team.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15: Jul 21, 2011 03:46:32 pm
      He's been on the left wing for Uruguay. I know their coach has been switching tactics a lot, but in all the games I've watched he's been an out and out winger. Good attacker though. Haven't seen enough of Porto to have seen him defend.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16: Jul 21, 2011 04:15:23 pm
      Funny thing is i was bagging the crap out of him all tournament. Hasn't impressed me where it matters, in defence.

Lovely ball for Suarez but that's it.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #17: Jul 21, 2011 04:19:15 pm
      Should be a winger, not a left-back.

Been watching him the past week or so in the Copa America. Been good, has pace, doesn't track back much though.

Worrying.
      sebfc20
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #18: Jul 21, 2011 04:29:00 pm
      Price quoted at 20M? Thats a shock every player we sign it seems its for 20M, Henderson, Aquilani, Mascherano, Downing, Torres, Keane. Its asif the papers just think err we dont know the price so we will just write 20M, As for the player would say hes more of a winger, What we need is a solid left back that is a solid defender and good going forward.
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2011 03:10:21 am by sebfc20 »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #19: Jul 21, 2011 04:33:40 pm
      He plays as a fullback for Porto to be fair, I was only pointing out to those who said they've been impressed with him in the national team, that he's mostly used on the wing for them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #20: Jul 21, 2011 04:37:25 pm
      The rumour is he was recommended by suarez
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Jul 21, 2011 05:06:45 pm
      The rumour is he was recommended by suarez

Genius! Of course! Suarez is Uruguayan and so is Perieira so that must be it!

Seriously some people F***ing astonish me. They make the biggest sh*t up just because of one little detail.

(This isn't aimed at you corbally one bit, just the sources of some rumours piss me off!)
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Jul 21, 2011 05:12:34 pm
      The last time a rumor came out that we took recommendations for someone to bring to the club, we got Hodgson. :'(

Quick Reply