Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alvaro Pereira (Porto)

Read 21536 times
      sebfc20
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      • YNWA
      Re: Alvaro Pereira (Porto)
      Reply #23: Jul 21, 2011 05:18:29 pm
      The rumour is he was recommended by suarez
      Surely this is sarcasm  ;D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Jul 21, 2011 05:35:11 pm
      No that is what is being reported in Portugal well according to twitter sadly I don't buy Portuguese newspapers
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #25: Jul 22, 2011 01:06:26 pm
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #26: Jul 22, 2011 04:14:15 pm
      I can't help but think people are judging him on his Copa America success which has mostly been attacking and playing mostly on the wing. The couple of matches I saw of Porto, he looked like an every day left back. Depending on the price really, but I wouldn't pay much.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #27: Jul 22, 2011 05:59:17 pm
      I can't help but think people are judging him on his Copa America success which has mostly been attacking and playing mostly on the wing. The couple of matches I saw of Porto, he looked like an every day left back. Depending on the price really, but I wouldn't pay much.
      He's not good enough but you'd take him if he was cheap? Are you Tom Hicks?  :P
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #28: Jul 22, 2011 06:12:31 pm
      He's not good enough but you'd take him if he was cheap? Are you Tom Hicks?  :P

Never said he wasn't good enough, just don't rate him as highly as some around here. Just like Higuian. It's all about value in the market, especially these days. ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #29: Jul 22, 2011 06:15:39 pm
      Only pulling your leg, mate.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #30: Jul 22, 2011 06:25:09 pm

No worries lad, I know you were. The Transfer board is a touchy place and I had to make sure I made myself clear before others jumped on me, that weren't pulling me leg. :D
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #31: Jul 23, 2011 06:16:32 am
      Apparently Porto have signed Santos' left back Alex Sandro for €9.6million.

Might add a bit of legs to this.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #32: Jul 23, 2011 07:55:17 am
      I have seen a lot of Uruguay and I don't rate him very highly TBH. I think Caceres is a better player, specially defensively.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #33: Jul 23, 2011 09:36:58 am
      Porto has signed 20 year old  LB around 10 mil euros replacement ?
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #34: Jul 23, 2011 09:52:32 am
      FC Porto spend big again to buy Alex Sandro
      Brazilian left-back signed for 9.6 million euros
      FC Porto have again spent big to sign an up-and-coming Brazilian. Just days after splashing out to secure the services of Danilo, the Dragons paid 9.6 million euros for left-back Alex Sandro who, like Danilo, was part of the Santos team that recently won the Copa Libertadores.

Sandro has signed a 5-year contract which contains a release clause of 50 million euros. This sum is surpassed only by the buyout clauses of Iturbe (60 million) and Hulk (100 million) and is higher than the release clauses of stars such as Falcao, Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez.

The 20-year-old will come to Porto at the end of Brazil’s participation in the U20 World Cup, which begins in Colombia next week. He is therefore expected to don the shirt of the Portuguese champions only at the start of September.

The deal is another example of Porto purchasing a player who had been heavily linked with a move to domestic rivals Benfica. It also lends substance to rumours that Alvaro Pereira will be sold by Porto, with Liverpool persistently said to be keen on contracting the Uruguayan left-back.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/508618713?-19388

Yes, they got a new left back. Who knows, we might even get him.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35: Jul 23, 2011 09:58:00 am
       Of all the players mentioned in this Summer Transfer Board I feel if we are to sign any more players Pereira looks the most likely to me.With Suarez  being settled here I think that will be enough to swing a deal.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #36: Jul 23, 2011 10:44:07 am
      I personally would love this to happen and since he isn't at a club with massive wages plus the added encouragement of Luis this could actually happen

Anything around 15 million and under would be great business for a left back who imo could be one of the best in the world
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #37: Jul 23, 2011 11:13:29 am
      How many people have watched him play over the past season or two for them to say he warrants at least a £15m price tag? Cause seems like some are going off his Copa America form alone.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #38: Jul 23, 2011 12:34:38 pm
      How many people have watched him play over the past season or two for them to say he warrants at least a £15m price tag? Cause seems like some are going off his Copa America form alone.

I've seen him play a few times in Portugal where I follow Benfica and begrdugingly admired that Porto side. I don't know if he's worth 15m but I do know he's a quality player and impressed me a hell of a lot more than Coentrao who I saw much more of.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #39: Jul 23, 2011 12:38:37 pm
      I've seen him play a few times in Portugal where I follow Benfica and begrdugingly admired that Porto side. I don't know if he's worth 15m but I do know he's a quality player and impressed me a hell of a lot more than Coentrao who I saw much more of.

Fair play mate, just some people on here go off one game that they have seen or one tournament. It is domestic form we should be interested in more. I watched him the odd game last season, most of the time in the Europa League but only watched him play one game for Uruguay so i can't judge on how much he is worth.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #40: Jul 23, 2011 01:45:51 pm
       Alex Sandro from Santos has signed for Porto he is a left back and didn't come cheap, dunno if this has any relevance to this link to us
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #41: Jul 23, 2011 03:44:13 pm
      What I love about this guy is that he can do job as a winger and as a left back. Two birds with one stone. We lack another winger and we definitely lack a good left back.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Jul 23, 2011 03:52:44 pm
      Please buy him or another left back.
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #43: Jul 23, 2011 03:54:04 pm
      I don't understand why people keep knocking his defensive abilities. I've watched him a fair few times and he looks as solid as they come.

It was his defensive ability that first made me sit up and take note. It is Coentrao's lack of defensive ability that makes me believe he is vastly overrated. Then again his pace will continuously get him out of jail.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #44: Jul 23, 2011 04:06:55 pm
      Because he is good in attack, you didn't know that did you last king if your good in attack if your a rule back you can't be good defensively it is the unwritten rule ;)
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #45: Jul 23, 2011 04:20:29 pm
      Because he is good in attack, you didn't know that did you last king if your good in attack if your a rule back you can't be good defensively it is the unwritten rule ;)

People talk about how players don't get back when they attack, well most of the time it's not their job to get back straight away. It's basically not possible to always get back when you've just ran the length of the field and then make a tackle, very few players can do it. We have a player in Lucas who is as good as they get at covering the fullback anyway due to his intelligence and work rate and Pereira will like any other player do as he is told in the formation so again I'm not worried.

Not aimed at you obviously by the way.

Quick Reply