Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Alvaro Pereira (Porto)

Read 21681 times
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: Alvaro Pereira (Porto)
      Reply #46: Jul 23, 2011 11:30:17 pm
      He is a black Dirk Kuyt who plays well on the wing, and average on defence.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #47: Jul 23, 2011 11:48:22 pm
      Can only go by what I've seen in the Copa and he's looked half decent on the wing, linked up well with Suarez a few times. Some talk about him being swapped for Raul which is probably just putting 2 and 2 together with the portugese club.

Unsure if Raul has picked up a knock but got no game time today and has been played out of position in earlier games, not exactly inspiring that your manager wants you if you're Raul. So could be some merit in this, certainly adds fuel to the fire of him leaving.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #48: Jul 24, 2011 12:34:58 am

:lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #49: Jul 24, 2011 05:00:14 am

Thought so.

I'll still pass. We need some solidity at the back. Too long we've had a Riise, Aurelio, Dossena, Insua. Get a solid left back capable of defending, not just okay at it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #50: Jul 24, 2011 05:32:50 am
      That lad was telling us suarez was over rated il pass on his opinion. Would be a top signing
      That lad was telling us suarez was over rated il pass on his opinion. Would be a top signing
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #51: Jul 25, 2011 04:30:57 pm

It finally happened, corbally. You've got schizophrenia.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #52: Jul 26, 2011 01:28:10 pm
      Fc Porto LB Alvaro Pereira refuse to rule out or comment on Liverpool interest in an interview to Portugese paper Abola. #LFC
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #53: Jul 26, 2011 01:37:00 pm
      Yeah apparently he was smiling when he said:

"#LFC? I dont know, I can not say anything,"
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #54: Jul 26, 2011 01:39:53 pm
      Hopefully theres something in this

Still in desperate need of a LB
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #55: Jul 26, 2011 02:32:29 pm
      Well I'll take my own opinion and I rate him. Him, Cissokho or Ansaldi would all be very welcome for me.
      Albi92
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #56: Jul 26, 2011 02:42:42 pm
      He linked up very well with Suarez in the Copa America i wouldn't mind us getting him but, would prefer Enrique or Baines :D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #57: Jul 26, 2011 03:26:47 pm
      Lot of talk this is very close. Think it would be a good move by the club with him able to play left back or left mid
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #58: Jul 26, 2011 03:29:00 pm
      where about you see that Corbally? Never seen this lad play other than if he was at the WC.
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #59: Jul 26, 2011 03:34:28 pm
      There is a lot of chatter on twitter about this, but we have all seen this before.... We were supposed to have signed Enrique, Cissokho, and Jones according to Twitter, so don't hold your breath.  I'll get excited when I see the news break on .tv
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #60: Jul 26, 2011 04:38:05 pm
      rafaalmeidaESPN

Liverpool muito próximo de anunciar Álvaro Pereira, que fez ótima Copa América pelo Uruguai. Excelente reforço para os Reds.

Liverpool very close to announcing Alvaro Pereira, who had a great Copa America Uruguay. Excellent reinforcement for the Reds.
      ________________________ ___________________
      Dominic Vieira
      FC Porto's and Uruguayan left-back Alvaro Pereira is close to joining Liverpool. A quality signing! The two best leftbacks leave portugal!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #61: Jul 26, 2011 04:41:38 pm
      He'll be on holiday right now. Doubt much movement will happen for a bit on this one. But hey, who knows...
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #62: Jul 26, 2011 04:47:53 pm
      "Palito" is a workhorse. Im Uruguayan, and I was one of the hundreds of thousands who were surprised to see him on the national team. He made us proud with his duracell bunny display. Not sure if he can fit into the Liverpool squad, but he is versatile, and can play anywhere on the left side.
      The only thing I can assure is that with him, Luis and Dirk, you be out-ran by any opponent. Those 3 never stop...
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #63: Jul 26, 2011 05:07:34 pm
      https://twitter.com/#!/cahiers_dusport

Paul Tomkins reckons its worth reading his timeline for any info regarding a potential deal

Pretty much said its not as clear cut as all the media are making out, but a deal wouldn't be out of the question
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #64: Jul 26, 2011 06:39:05 pm
      I like the guy because he would be able to do the job further up the pitch. With Downing and Pereira we would have our left flank covered. At 25 years of age, he has many good seasons ahead of him and would certainly fit with our new policy. Not to mention that he is Uruguayan and Luis would certainly welcome him.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #65: Jul 26, 2011 06:57:45 pm
      Just found this, pretty much what I've already said that I fancy him more as a left back and a defender in the right team with the right people around him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/404843-2010-fifa-world-cup-talent-scout-uruguays-alvaro-pereira
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #66: Jul 26, 2011 07:00:42 pm
      rafaalmeidaESPN

Liverpool muito próximo de anunciar Álvaro Pereira, que fez ótima Copa América pelo Uruguai. Excelente reforço para os Reds.

Liverpool very close to announcing Alvaro Pereira, who had a great Copa America Uruguay. Excellent reinforcement for the Reds.

This guy is from ESPN Brasil. With the risk of being unfair to him, who I don't really know, but I wouldn't take his tweet very seriously at all, as I don't think these guys from ESPN would have any information in this kind of deal. I remember in the last summer window one of their most important commentators posted on twitter that Liverpool had swapped Babel for C. Cole, a lot of Brazilian fans believed it but in the end it became clear he was saying it based on internet rumours only.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #67: Jul 26, 2011 07:13:26 pm
      LFC - TRANSFER NEWS & RUMOURS 2011
      SiClancy
      Alvaro Pereira of Porto has told Portuguese media that he's interested in coming to Liverpool but will report back to Porto + go from there

Looks a decent signing would like him here instead of some of the name we have being linked with.
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #68: Jul 26, 2011 07:14:26 pm
      Liverpool 'tracking Porto left-back' (plus video of him in action)

Published 17:33 26/07/11 By MirrorFootball

Liverpool are looking at Porto's Uruguayan left-back Alvaro Pereira, according to reports in Portugal.

Reds boss Dalglish is on the look-out for someone to fill the hole on the left side of his defence - right-back Glen Johnson played a significant amount of games there in the second half of last season.

The Scot lost out to Manchester City for Arsenal's Gael Clichy while he has not followed up long-standing interest in Newcastle's Jose Enrique.

However, Pereira has a reported £17.5million buy-out clause in his contract, and with Liverpool having already spent close to £50m on players this summer and yet to offload a number of fringe players, that price may be too high.

Click here for video of Pareira scoring from what you'd have to call long range
      Alvaro Pereira - FC Porto . . .

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-tracking-Alvaro-Pereira-17-5million-rated-Porto-Uruguay-left-back-according-to-reports-in-Portugal-article776424.html

17.5m bucks   ??? Oh God, it looks like a ransom. But that's football :-\ If you want some quality player you should pay the price let alone if they find you're Liverpool have money and desperate for such a player  :embarassed:

Quick Reply