Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Villyan Bijev (Released)

Read 13848 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Villyan Bijev (Released)
      Jul 24, 2011 10:01:51 am
      Don't know if this is true but found this>>>

Liverpool sign USA wonderkid Villyan Bijev after U18s hat-trick
      The Kenny Dalglish/Damien Comolli led Liverpool revolution continues apace following the high-profile signings of Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing with the capture of USA wonderkid Villyan Bijev.

Now this news is yet to be reported by the English press, so we could claim an “exclusive” on Liverpool’s latest signing except it has been confirmed by a report from KMPH Fox 26 out of Fresno, California.

Bijev, an 18-year-old striker, has reportedly signed a three-year contract with a two-year option to continue with Liverpool after impressing for the Under-18 side at Anfield.

He will not need a work permit to play in England as he has Bulgarian citizenship. Bijev has represented USA at Under-18 level and been prolific for his club Cal Odyssey in the Development Academy.

The American wonderkid has spent two games on trial with Liverpool and came to the fore in an 8-0 win over Stevenage Borough last Monday.

Mike Marsh’s Under-18s had an easy time of things and Bijev came to the fore with an incredible first-half performance, scoring a hat-trick, winning a penalty and setting up another with a fine assist in the Liverpool number 9 shirt.

Intriguingly, Liverpool, who are yet to announce the signing, made no mention on their website of Villyan Bijev’s excellent 45-minute performance that undoubtedly secured him a contract on Merseyside. The official website simply notes that Adam Morgan claimed two goals – article here.
      http://www.101greatgoals.com/liverpool-sign-usa-wonderkid-villyan-bijev-after-u18s-hat-trick-video/99872/
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2015 09:38:27 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Re: Villyan Bijev (Released)
      Reply #1: Jul 24, 2011 12:04:01 pm
      LFCSheriffe
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 24, 2011 04:15:34 pm
      He looks a talent i hoe they sign that nacho aswell he look class
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #3: Jul 24, 2011 06:25:21 pm
      Bijev Signs w/ Liverpool
      Valley soccer star, Villyan Bijev signs a three year contract with a two year option with European football power, Liverpool of the English Premier League. Clovis North Head Coach, Chad McCarty, confirms the deal. The Cal Odyssey product, scored five goals in two games with Liverpool's Under–18 squad, including a hat trick and an assist in a single half. He's scheduled to head back overseas at the end of the week.

The Fuego are the Southwest Division Champs after shutting out Southern California 3–0. Tyler Reinhart with a pair of goals. The Fuego will host their opening round playoff game next Saturday at 12:30pm in the afternoon. 23 straight games without a loss. They wrap up the regular season tomorrow at LA.

http://www.kmph.com/story/15136687/bijev-signs-w-liverpool-fuego-win-division-host-playoffs
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4: Jul 24, 2011 07:53:04 pm
      Liverpool sign American teenager

Liverpool have signed American teenager Villyan Bijev from Cal Odyssey on a three-year deal, according to a report from Californian news channel KMPH Fox 26.

Bijev, 18, impressed while on trial at Liverpool last week, and scored five goals in two games with the Under-18 squad, which included a hat-trick.

The striker hold Bulgarian citizenship through his father, Chris, and so avoided having to fulfil any work permit criteria, while Clovis North Head Coach, Chad McCarty, who worked with the youngster in his early career, confirmed the deal to the channel.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/936910/liverpool-sign-american-teenager-villyan-bijev?cc=5739

If this is true, why no word from our offal ???
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Jul 25, 2011 04:29:17 pm
      Was wondering who the F**k he was :D He scored, scored and scored again and i didn't catch his name and couldn't find any name on the list that it could of been.

Looked very impressive if it was only a pre-season U18 friendly.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6: Jul 25, 2011 04:31:38 pm
      Yeah certainly knows where the goal is, will be very interesting if we get that Nacho lad too as there's gonna be serious competition in that team. Very impressed with the way the youth set up is being handled and the way we're going about grabbing the best youth from around the globe, nice to see and long may it continue.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #7: Jul 25, 2011 07:55:22 pm
      Glad to see this.  I hope FSG continue to grab some of America's top young talents.  The USA has many players who have incredible athletic ability!  However, many are not given the proper training and are not brought up in the right football environment to become true legends of the game.... Hopefully FSG make an effort to capitalize on the lack of presence that many of our rivals have in the American talent pool!
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #8: Jul 25, 2011 09:44:02 pm
      One of the first lads I saw when I moved to the States and started working. Looks a very solid prospect. Harrydunn, not many top prospects coming through the American ranks at the moment but it's coming. The growth of the MLS' youth academies is coming along and if they can get better coaching staffs in, they'll start pushing some top young players.

Bossed the U18 match the other day, definitely earned his contract.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #9: Jul 25, 2011 10:21:14 pm
      Was this lad one of those unnamed trialists that we were keeping under wraps then?

EDIT : Never mind, just watched the goals and they clearly name him, ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #10: Jul 25, 2011 10:25:41 pm
      One of the first lads I saw when I moved to the States and started working. Looks a very solid prospect. Harrydunn, not many top prospects coming through the American ranks at the moment but it's coming. The growth of the MLS' youth academies is coming along and if they can get better coaching staffs in, they'll start pushing some top young players.

Bossed the U18 match the other day, definitely earned his contract.

Sorry for the random question, but do you work with football? Got me curious
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #11: Jul 25, 2011 11:13:27 pm
      Sorry for the random question, but do you work with football? Got me curious

Yes I work with the IMG Football Academy in the USA. I'm not American though ;)
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #12: Jul 25, 2011 11:42:51 pm
      What about Nachos?
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #13: Jul 26, 2011 12:03:51 am
      We've also been linked with Marc Pelosi and Andrew Oliver. Any info on them?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #14: Jul 26, 2011 12:05:47 am

Floating around twitter that we're taking up the option to sign him.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #15: Jul 26, 2011 12:06:25 am
      I'd hope so, just from the video clips he's got that swagger of quality about him.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #16: Jul 26, 2011 12:12:27 am
      Have we got him yet (sorry im on my phone and the link wont work :()
      Getting Bueno aswell would be great deals :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #17: Jul 26, 2011 04:00:19 pm

Made a quick research about the IMG Academies and it looks great. Btw, when you say 'football' academy, in that case you mean 'soccer', right? :D (I have to ask, since from what I saw on their website, they've both sports). Anyway, I envy you! :P
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #18: Jul 26, 2011 04:15:23 pm
      Made a quick research about the IMG Academies and it looks great. Btw, when you say 'football' academy, in that case you mean 'soccer', right? :D (I have to ask, since from what I saw on their website, they've both sports). Anyway, I envy you! :P

Soccer yes, sorry. :D. I quite like it although I am yet to be fully settled in the States. Interesting to see the set up of 'soccer' here though mate!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Jul 26, 2011 04:38:01 pm
      You down in Bradenton, Red5man?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #20: Jul 26, 2011 04:52:03 pm
      You down in Bradenton, Red5man?

Ya mate. I am living in a town called Bayshore Gardens outside of Bradenton. Close to the beach for my wife :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #21: Jul 26, 2011 05:19:52 pm
      Soccer yes, sorry. :D. I quite like it although I am yet to be fully settled in the States. Interesting to see the set up of 'soccer' here though mate!

I bet it is! Hope one day I'll be working with soccer as well.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #22: Jul 26, 2011 05:20:19 pm
      Ya mate. I am living in a town called Bayshore Gardens outside of Bradenton. Close to the beach for my wife :D

Awesome. My Dad lives in Sarasota. I've been down to the tennis academies there to watch good old Nick Bollettieri in action. Next time I visit I'll give you a shout :)

Quick Reply