Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Hugo Rodallega (Wigan)

Read 12513 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Hugo Rodallega (Wigan)
      Reply #23: Jul 24, 2011 05:43:34 pm
      I would be really happy if we got him. Can do a job on the wings and also lead the line. I think I've mentioned his name a couple of times before in the 'who do you want?' thread, he would be a great asset in the squad.

I second that emotion.
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #24: Jul 24, 2011 05:50:31 pm
      For the right price he would be a decent squad player at most. Nothing more than the 9million quoted for definite. Would feel better him coming off the bench for us than any other striker we have.

Realistically however, do not see this happening. But then again with a little more thought, if we actually tested the water, i'm sure he'd want to leave to play for a team like Liverpool so never say never. I don't think that attack is our main focus ATM transfer wise, although we do need a decent backup striker.

Could actually see him slotting in quite well with our attackers, and would be happy not to have to face him against Wigan.

paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #25: Jul 24, 2011 05:52:36 pm
      He'd be a great option to come off the bench. For £9million, I'd take him. He's played in the Premier League for a few years and he won't need time to settle. Under rated too in my opinion.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #26: Jul 24, 2011 06:59:51 pm
      A good friend of mine and huge Wigan fan says that N'zogbia is the best player to ever play for them followed closely by Valencia. His opinion of Rodallega is that he's hugely over-rated and is made to look good by N'zogbia, I personally respect his opinion and therefore wouldn't be too keen.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #27: Jul 24, 2011 07:10:39 pm
      No.

Well not right now anyway although he would be a decent, hungry, back up striker.

Our priority right now has got to be getting our defence in order and getting rid of some dead wood before they have to extend the car park at Melwood.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #28: Jul 24, 2011 07:21:56 pm
      13 million for the lad would be madness, I prefer a younger striker to be honest. Not that I don't rate him I think he is decent, he can be excellant or anoymous, his goal record is extremely average. If we are signing him wouldn't pay more than 7 million for him
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #29: Jul 24, 2011 07:24:48 pm
      13 million for the lad would be madness, I prefer a younger striker to be honest. Not that I don't rate him I think he is decent, he can be excellant or anoymous, his goal record is extremely average. If we are signing him wouldn't pay more than 7 million for him

It's not 13m! :D

9m, i'd take him. Not anymore than that, but he's definitely got something and would be better than Ngog to bring on!
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #30: Jul 24, 2011 07:33:57 pm
      Love how no one is reading the f**king article or the price mentioned for Rodallega.  :f_whistle:
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #31: Jul 24, 2011 07:58:45 pm
      I feel proud of myself that I realised with my first read that it was 9million and not 13 they were after....but then again...others probably didn't read the article!  ;D
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #32: Jul 24, 2011 08:09:27 pm
      Where is the fun in being reactionary and volatile if you have to read first? Pah! Back to Hugo, I'm a fan actually. I like him and I'd take him but he is isn't a priority position at all. Defenders and maybe a right mid first.
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2011 01:34:38 pm by CRK, Reason: Edited for you. »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #33: Jul 25, 2011 12:07:43 am
      Question how many goals has he averaged a season
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #34: Jul 25, 2011 12:38:24 am
      At Wigan he has 89 Apps with 22 Goals, career is 257 - 88, International (seniors) 40 - 8.

3 the first season, 10 the second and 9 the third season. Personally don't think he's going to improve us in any way, not enough to consider spending £9m on him. Ngog is younger and with a similar goal scoring record, as much as I don't like the idea of keeping him as our back up striker I would certainly spend the money on more important areas or a few £m more on someone more talented and a clear improvement.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #35: Jul 25, 2011 03:06:19 am
      He never hit me as a striker for a top club, he does score some nice goals but I don't really see him as a good option.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #36: Jul 25, 2011 04:05:40 am
      Much more to his game than his goal ratio, especially in a low table club. Think it's unfair to base how people rate him off his ratio.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #37: Jul 25, 2011 04:15:18 am
      We've been blessed with many top strikers with great goal ratios in the past but we can't expect everyone.

Whilst Rodallega MAY not be a great option as a starter but as a cover, he might be able to do a decent job.
      BigSmooth
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #38: Jul 25, 2011 04:56:54 am
      Don't want him.  I followed him since his youth in Colombia.  He's an overly selfish striker and is not clinical with his finishing.  He just fishes the long ball, other than that he doesn't create a whole lot on his own. 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #39: Jul 25, 2011 04:58:30 am
      Prefer the money is spent on a left back and centre back. Think his goal record is pretty average whatever team he is playing for
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #40: Jul 25, 2011 04:59:54 am
      Why would you sell Ngog to get Rodallega for a 4-5m loss not including signing on fee, comparable wages for a guy 3 years older? I'd prefer to keep Ngog amazingly as I don't see Rodallega as a big enough improvement for the outlay.

Morgan would be better given a chance than basically swapping these two and with Kuyt/Suarez/Carroll ahead of Rodallega I'm not sure he's gonna be the happiest guy in the world warming the bench coming from starting every game he's fit. Seems a bad idea and I don't think there's much strength to the rumour.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41: Jul 25, 2011 05:02:31 am
      Not keen tbh, he is powerfully built, strong and can score some good goals, but he just isn't clinical enough in front of goal. With Andy Carroll already here, I'm not sure we need a hold up man, in fact I don't think we need a striker at all now.

LB is a must for me, and we could do with a CB if the money is there.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #42: Jul 25, 2011 05:04:35 am
      Rodallega a hold up man? What?

We all know we need defenders in, as well.
      BigSmooth
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #43: Jul 25, 2011 05:10:09 am
      Dayro Moreno is light years better than Rodallega.  Much better, he plays in Mexico though. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #44: Jul 25, 2011 05:14:58 am
      Rodallega a hold up man? What?

We all know we need defenders in, as well.

Feeling OK mate? Yes, Hugo Rodallega, holds the ball up well. Trust me.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #45: Jul 25, 2011 05:15:41 am
      I suggest we step up Adam Morgan! ;)

Quick Reply