Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Android Appreciation Thread

Read 76132 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Re: Android Appreciation Thread
      Reply #207: May 31, 2012 05:43:09 pm
      The S3 looks very tempting...
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #208: Jun 04, 2012 08:47:06 pm
      One X and the S3 are evenly matched to me. I feel a lot of the S3 features are gimmicky to me. It has a larger capacity battery but I guarantee you if you use all these new features it will last the same amount of time as the One X.

I got the One X and love it. HTC have really improved their software too, no more reboots for no reason. ;D Anyone who wants to know anything about the X give me a shout. But those who aren't into the high end handsets but still want a smartphone, go for the Sony Xperia U.

Packs a punch for a mid range smartphone!!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #209: Jun 06, 2012 03:41:13 pm
      the SII, I hated how light it was, that adding to the cheap feel of the phone, I always thought I would break it...

It's actually the opposite. With it's heavier, rigid body, the iPhone is much easier to break by dropping it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #210: Jul 13, 2012 04:58:03 pm
      For some reason, the mrs has bought me an HTC phone today. Smartphone? Saw something in the bumph about android, so I posted in here ;)

fu**ed if I know what to do with it. I'll just have to wait til one of the boys comes round, and he can deal with it ;D

Don't even know what's wrong with the phone I have. I can make and answer calls and send texts, who needs more than that?
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #211: Aug 08, 2012 06:41:40 pm
      Anyone know if I can get this bloody android ice cream buttie thing on my galaxy s?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #212: Aug 08, 2012 06:44:53 pm

HTC One X

Just got this on upgrade and it is a fantastic phone.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #213: Aug 20, 2012 06:41:25 am
      HTC One X

Just got this on upgrade and it is a fantastic phone.

Awesome. You can now jump out of a Hercules and take photos of some bint covered in feathers while you plummet towards the ground at 122 mph.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #214: Aug 21, 2012 01:31:24 pm
      I've had the S3 for a month now and binning my iPhone 4 was the best thing I ever did.

I can use my phone in work texting, brosing, playing games and tweeting and go home with half a battery left. Being able to carry a spare battery if needed is also a huge benefit compared to the iphone. Can't fault it at all.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #215: Aug 21, 2012 11:50:22 pm
      I have to say I love my Nexus 7 and am truly loving that jellybean!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #216: Aug 22, 2012 10:34:01 am

Please bring this to Europe.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #217: Sep 30, 2012 02:02:14 pm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #218: Oct 05, 2012 10:08:59 pm
      Got an samsung s3 its so good, just wondering has anyone rooted theirs?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #219: Oct 05, 2012 11:51:20 pm
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #220: Nov 02, 2012 06:11:10 pm
      I just got the galaxy note 2 last week.  Damn its a great phablet
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #221: Nov 10, 2012 02:49:09 pm
      Just downloaded Google Chrome browser for android.

Best browser I've used yet after trying Dolphin and Skyfire.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #222: Nov 10, 2012 07:15:39 pm
      hey i am considering buying my first android phone after losing my 2nd iphone in 3/4 years. i have gone through all the phones and read  the reviews  but i still have some questions, and if you android users could answer them then it would be great.

Whats the difference between android 2, android 4, jellybean and sandwich?
      If i buy a phone with android 2,3 firmware like samsung s2. can i then upgrade the S2 to android 4.0 via a usb cable the manufacturers give you?
      how userfriendly are the android phones? does android phones have a app store?

so far i am considering buying Samsung S2, S3, LG optima 4xHD or the sony one from skyfall movie? anybody got any experience from these phones?

Samsung S2 is the one i am leaning towards since it got raving reviews when it was released (2011) and its cheaper then s3.

I lost my iphone so i really dont want to use too much cash on a phone that i have never used before, so i was thinking of buying S2 then upgrade it to android 4.0. If i like android and samsung phones then i can splash the money on the samsung s4 when it gets released.

all suggestions and tips would be greatly appreciated.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #223: Nov 16, 2012 03:47:20 pm
      Bilbo, you should be able to get the s3 cheaper now.  I dont think you should get the s2, it will be out of date a lot sooner.   Im not sure the s2 can use jelly bean.  So the safe bet is the s3 out of those.  If money isnt a option then id go with the note 2.  Dont let the size put you off.  You will get used to it really fast.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #224: Nov 16, 2012 04:33:14 pm
      Bilbo, you should be able to get the s3 cheaper now.  I dont think you should get the s2, it will be out of date a lot sooner.   Im not sure the s2 can use jelly bean.  So the safe bet is the s3 out of those.  If money isnt a option then id go with the note 2.  Dont let the size put you off.  You will get used to it really fast.

thanks for the reply. i appreciate it alot :)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #225: Nov 16, 2012 04:52:36 pm
      Just received two 7" Android tablets from China for the girls for Xmas courtesy of their Nan, going to spend the rest of the night trying to release my windows addled brain to latch onto making the tablets kid friendly whilst installing angry birds et al that the t'interweb has  kindly cast upon me.

:dunce2:

I'm glad there's no footy on.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #226: Nov 16, 2012 05:01:38 pm
      hey i am considering buying my first android phone after losing my 2nd iphone in 3/4 years. i have gone through all the phones and read  the reviews  but i still have some questions, and if you android users could answer them then it would be great.

If i buy a phone with android 2,3 firmware like samsung s2. can i then upgrade the S2 to android 4.0 via a usb cable the manufacturers give you?

so far i am considering buying Samsung S2, S3, LG optima 4xHD or the sony one from skyfall movie? anybody got any experience from these phones?

Samsung S2 is the one i am leaning towards since it got raving reviews when it was released (2011) and its cheaper then s3.

I lost my iphone so i really dont want to use too much cash on a phone that i have never used before, so i was thinking of buying S2 then upgrade it to android 4.0. If i like android and samsung phones then i can splash the money on the samsung s4 when it gets released.

S3 seems the right choice there bill. Reviews and people who I know who have one suggest its the best out there.

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 and I cannot tell you how much I hate the thing! Wish i'd gone down the Galaxy route.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #227: Nov 16, 2012 05:04:55 pm

I've got the HTC One X and it's is easily the best phone I've had after a couple of other excellent one's from HTC.

Can't comment on the one's you've listed as I've never used them but when holding the S3 in store it just didn't feel as quality as the One X which is a beautifully designed phone.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #228: Nov 16, 2012 07:12:53 pm
      No time for a long-winded reply at the minute but my understanding is that Jellybean WILL be available for the S2 by the end of the year.
      On the whole, Galaxy's aren't QUITE as user friendly as iPhones but once you're used to them, they're more powerful and flexible and a few of my mates with I Phones are planning to get the S3 asap, after finally conceding that it's the better phone.
      As for the App Store question, we have an equivalent called Google Play which is basically the same but with far more free stuff.
      I still love my S2 but the S3 is obviously an upgrade, PLUS it's 4G ready.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #229: Nov 17, 2012 08:22:18 am
      Just received two 7" Android tablets from China for the girls for Xmas courtesy of their Nan, going to spend the rest of the night trying to release my windows addled brain to latch onto making the tablets kid friendly whilst installing angry birds et al that the t'interweb has  kindly cast upon me.

:dunce2:

I'm glad there's no footy on.

Good luck with that brother....

Quick Reply