Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Android Appreciation Thread

Read 76191 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Android Appreciation Thread
      Reply #230: Dec 10, 2012 10:50:10 pm
      Anyone who has a Google Nexus 7 care to enlighten me about how they are finding it, what they use it for and overall, what they think of it, plus any other help? Getting one for Christmas and haven't held one, nor do I know what it does. Any help appreciated.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #231: Apr 11, 2013 01:53:55 pm
      Very seriously thinking of moving over to Andorid for the iPhone. Probably the Nexus 4, maybe the HTC One. Now that Google Music is available in Ireland has had a huge say in this really as it covers iTunes, one of the main reasons I was so Apple-centric.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #232: Apr 11, 2013 02:28:31 pm
      Just bought a used Windows Phone 8 to give a go for the rest of my contract after being on Android for quite a while now.

Staying with HTC it quite like the look of the Windows OS.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #233: Apr 11, 2013 06:18:19 pm
      Never mentioned I pre ordered the Sony Xperia Z and got it when it came out at the end of Feb, going from a Blackberry Curve to it was a huge leap, love it, and love using Android.
      Just wondering if anyone else has the problem of android constantly disconnecting from a wifi source?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #234: Apr 11, 2013 06:34:39 pm
      Just wondering if anyone else has the problem of android constantly disconnecting from a wifi source?

Never had a problem with this although I've always had HTC on Android.

Maybe that's where you've went wrong. ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #235: Apr 11, 2013 08:06:47 pm
      I've still got a Galaxy S2 on Android and that's never been an issue for me either. Sometimes when u go to my dad's place it will try to connect to public wi-fi rather than his secure network but they're both on the same router as it was formerly his business network so that's not too surprising.

I'm still very happy to stay with Android but next upgrade I think I might try the HTC One, rather than the Galaxy S4. It looks a very nice phone.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #236: Apr 11, 2013 08:12:11 pm
      I'm still very happy to stay with Android but next upgrade I think I might try the HTC One, rather than the Galaxy S4. It looks a very nice phone.

If you do get that I don't think you'll be disappointed Rep.

HTC are great phones.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #237: Apr 11, 2013 10:18:15 pm
      Still using my Samsung Galaxy S3 works great still, would prefer to have the LTE version though.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #238: Apr 17, 2013 01:26:04 pm
      Just bought a used Windows Phone 8 to give a go for the rest of my contract after being on Android for quite a while now.

Staying with HTC it quite like the look of the Windows OS.

Just arrived today.

Interested to see how it fairs against Android.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #239: Apr 23, 2013 12:47:39 pm
      Well well well...

I'm not going to act like an Apple fan and deny that there are any faults with my device, no matter how many times I have to do a hard reset or take it to an Apple store for repair (this happens a lot, both the faults and the denial).

My Galaxy S2 is fu**ed!

Last Thursday, I took it out of my pocket to find it had zero signal. Being on O2, I had the same issue last year when the network went down so called them. They said there were no reported problems.
      I tried my SIM in a different handset and sure enough, full signal. I then tried a friend's O2 SIM in my S2 and nothing.

Called my insurers who said that my phone was still under warranty with Samsung (at that point I wondered why I'd bothered taking out insurance. 2 year contract, 2 year warranty. Anyway...)

I phoned Samsung who went through the steps you'd expect, including the ones already suggested by O2 and eventually told me to back it up and do a factory reset. I've done this now and it's still no use.

Sooo, off to the repair centre it goes, once the courier gets in touch, that is. Should be repaired / replaced and returned to me for free, provided they accept it's not my fault! :roll:

It's 18 months old now but still, you expect your phone to see out it's contract!

On a side note, I had a quick look at the htc One and Sony Xperia Z in Carphone Warehouse the other day, they seem HUGE compared to what I'm used to.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #240: Apr 23, 2013 01:36:55 pm
      On a side note, I had a quick look at the htc One and Sony Xperia Z in Carphone Warehouse the other day, they seem HUGE compared to what I'm used to.

;)

Is the One on Android OS?

It's processor is faster than my laptop.
      2.2GHz
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #241: Apr 23, 2013 02:01:09 pm
      Getting the S4 on Friday after an upgrade.

Paying £26 a month for unlimited everything and a free phone. Very happy with that, wasn't really impressed by the iPhone 5 so fancied a change. ;D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #242: Apr 29, 2013 08:52:01 pm

Yes, mate. Think it currently ships with Jellybean.

You're right about the processor, ridiculously fast. The S4 was rumoured to come with 8 cores but the units available in the UK are actually "only" quad.
      I just fancy a change and although the One will be running exactly the same Android OS as the S4, it does have it's own tweaks and the handset has a real quality feel to it. That said, my contract runs until October so there could be other stuff about by then.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #243: May 03, 2013 09:46:12 pm
      Got the S4 then, highly recommend it to anyone. The screen is crazy good.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #244: May 04, 2013 09:40:27 am
      Yeah, I've heard the screen looks awesome.

Got my S2 back by the way, Samsung collected, repaired and returned it for free under warranty. The problem was wear to the SIM card reader or something but they replaced a few things, including the screen  :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #245: May 04, 2013 01:49:00 pm
      HTC One or Samsung S4?

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3047 
      Reply #246: May 04, 2013 01:58:48 pm
      Still regret jumping from HTC to the Iphone train a few years back. Loved the HTC.

Hard to switch back because I coach both my sons football teams and there's masses of admin which the mrs does most of so being able to sync her phone and ipad to mine makes life easier.

I'm sure that's an excuse that 50/50 incompetence and laziness but I'm sticking to it!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #247: May 04, 2013 05:08:36 pm

HTC would be my advice for what it's worth mate.

I don't have the One but had the One X and now trying HTC's Windows Phone and it would take a very special phone to tempt me away from HTC.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #248: May 15, 2013 05:01:53 pm
      YouTube live streaming of the I/O 2013 keynote speech.

Google I/O 2013: Day 1 Keynote and Android Sessions
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #249: May 28, 2013 03:52:44 pm
      Seeing how everyone is htc vs samsung.  Im going to throw my view of it.

Owned the htc mytouch 4g.  I loved the phone, only had a problem with the battery.  Which I had to replace. 

Was lookinh for the htc one x+, but that never came to my provider.  So I went with the galaxy note 2.  I have never been happier with my decision.  Im not sure on the newer htc phones, but these current samsung devices are just so easy to mod.  Ive installed a custom rom and it just improves everything of the phone.  I can even overclock the processor if I wanted. 

Next phone will be a samsung, but ill have to wait till this contract is done.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #250: Jun 04, 2013 10:14:59 am
      I reckon we should have our own LfcReds App?.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #251: Jun 09, 2013 11:00:21 pm
      I got the Samsung S4 today for my phone upgrade. Had the HTC Droid2 phone. Love the S4 already and only had it for 5 hours so far. It looks so sharp.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #252: Mar 26, 2014 07:11:23 pm
      Just picked up the galaxy note III, only had it switched on for about an hour, mostly just updates for the phone and its apps so far.  Got a free Galaxy Gear thrown in, not sure if I'll use it.

Quick Reply