Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Android Appreciation Thread

Read 76163 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Android Appreciation Thread
      Reply #253: Mar 29, 2014 08:14:28 am
      Any of you android owning parents know how to make a tablet/TV stick kid safe? In a free way? The girls have got both but I found the oldest searching for a less than wanted search term on you tube the other day and I want to block all that. I've looked at kid mode etc but they all want a monthly fee and they're easily beaten.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #254: Sep 02, 2014 04:38:48 pm
      Purchased the samsung galaxy s5.

Previous owner of the s3 and s4.

Loving the new design, screens quality is clear to see and the size is just right for me. Just hope the battery life is better than before.

Edit - Not enjoying the auto correct changing Brendan into Brenda.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2014 06:02:38 pm by vsterling »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #255: Sep 02, 2014 10:43:50 pm

Motorola Moto G.

Got this a few weeks back to use until my contract is up butit is that good that I think I'm going to stick with it and get sim free or even PAYG as it does everything a phone needs to do and very well indeed.

I'm used to top end phones and apart from the camera, which is this phones major weakness, I can't find a fault and a reason to shell out big money for a contract again just to have a top end phone.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #256: Sep 09, 2014 05:15:32 pm
      Seriously thinking of getting the OnePlus One phone. After leaving my Nexus on a beach in Ibiza, I need something! Using my old iPhone 4 and the contrast between that and the Nexus is massive.

The OnePlus One is  a CyanogenMod phone - a version of Andorid, sort of like the Nexus, which was Google. This phone also uses a weird feature to first allow you to purchase the phone - you have to get an invite to buy one first. The price is surprisingly decentm considering the specs. My only worry is the large size of it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/oneplus-android-smartphone-google-cyanogenmod,26610.html

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #257: Sep 09, 2014 11:03:55 pm
      Seriously thinking of getting the OnePlus One phone. After leaving my Nexus on a beach in Ibiza, I need something! Using my old iPhone 4 and the contrast between that and the Nexus is massive.

The OnePlus One is  a CyanogenMod phone - a version of Andorid, sort of like the Nexus, which was Google. This phone also uses a weird feature to first allow you to purchase the phone - you have to get an invite to buy one first. The price is surprisingly decentm considering the specs. My only worry is the large size of it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/oneplus-android-smartphone-google-cyanogenmod,26610.html

I'd think carefully before spending that much on a Chinese phone LL.

Don't get me wrong the spec you get for the money is fantastic but I've had one, albeit a cheaper one, and the quality was very poor and connectivity always seemed to be a problem.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #258: Sep 11, 2014 05:44:15 pm
      I'd think carefully before spending that much on a Chinese phone LL.

Don't get me wrong the spec you get for the money is fantastic but I've had one, albeit a cheaper one, and the quality was very poor and connectivity always seemed to be a problem.

Cheers. Ya I've been looking into it more, and it looks like it's not fully supported in Ireland in terms of coverage. Like the only bands it uses with Three is 4G.

Think I could be better off waiting for the Nexus 6. It is due soon I would imagine. Funny to see the price of the iPhone 6 when the spec is the same as the Nexus 4, a phone they brought out a few years ago. That Nexus 4 was a cracking phone too.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #259: Sep 11, 2014 06:06:27 pm
      Funny to see the price of the iPhone 6 when the spec is the same as the Nexus 4, a phone they brought out a few years ago. That Nexus 4 was a cracking phone too.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #260: Sep 11, 2014 06:31:32 pm
      Cheers. Ya I've been looking into it more, and it looks like it's not fully supported in Ireland in terms of coverage. Like the only bands it uses with Three is 4G. 

Aye. They are a pain in the ass to get set up and getting 3g coverage means constantly changing the settings.

That one is a higher spec of course so should be better but at that money I'd be very wary.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #261: Sep 12, 2014 12:39:11 am
      Just picked up the galaxy note III, only had it switched on for about an hour, mostly just updates for the phone and its apps so far.  Got a free Galaxy Gear thrown in, not sure if I'll use it.

So much for not using the Gear, every blooming day at work, it's come in so handy.  Love the Note III and now, finally, amazon prime streaming is available on Android, I don't think I'll take my laptop on weekends away.
      Bier
      Reply #262: Sep 28, 2014 05:32:04 pm
      Getting a new one later this month, choosing between the HTC One M8 and LG G3. Leaning towards the LG G3 because it has a great QHD screen and a better camera. But the One M8 is the better looking phone, and more well rounded. Haven't completely made my mind up yet!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #263: Sep 28, 2014 07:51:52 pm
      HTC desire 316 the best phone I've ever had,  got it 6 months ago,  and still not board of it.  Great for watching TV and sports,  can even watch youtubeonfire on it,  and works well with XBMC.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #264: Sep 30, 2014 08:36:02 pm
      That new Xperia arrived today - seems a mightly impressive bit of kit - certainly made the best 'first impression' on me of any phone I've had. 

At the cheaper end of the market I also had a go of the Moto G 4G today.  What a brilliant phone that is. 

If you want the pure Android experience without it being skinned all over then at £125 sim free that has to easily be the best priced smartphone out there.  And it's got a quad core processor in.  It actually felt a lot faster than the Galaxy S4 I had previously and it must be a third of the price.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #265: Sep 30, 2014 11:31:38 pm
      At the cheaper end of the market I also had a go of the Moto G 4G today.  What a brilliant phone that is. 

If you want the pure Android experience without it being skinned all over then at £125 sim free that has to easily be the best priced smartphone out there.  And it's got a quad core processor in.  It actually felt a lot faster than the Galaxy S4 I had previously and it must be a third of the price.

Agree.

Great phone although I went for the standard version as I don't have any real need for 4G at the minute.

Still debating whether to go for a top end phone next month or stay with the Moto G for a while as it really is as good as you say.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #266: Oct 01, 2014 09:11:43 am
      Great phone although I went for the standard version as I don't have any real need for 4G at the minute.

My uncle's got the new 5 inch version (which is also 3G only but can take two sims) so hopefully I can have a look at that this weekend - you're right 4G isn't massively important.  If I had owned that Moto then I would have struggled to find a solid financial argument as to why to spend £400 on another phone.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #267: Aug 17, 2016 05:12:29 pm

Just got this delivered this morning after getting a great offer on my upgrade.

£21 per month unlimited and 3GB Data.

Only got a brief look so far but seems a great but of kit.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #268: Sep 07, 2016 01:55:17 am

Just got this delivered this morning after getting a great offer on my upgrade.

£21 per month unlimited and 3GB Data.

Only got a brief look so far but seems a great but of kit.

How's that camera? I'm on a OnePlus One atm. I've been able to upgrade my deal for a while now but there's not been a phone that I've felt was worth locking into a 24-month deal since the horrific experience I had halfway into the deal with my HTC One (M7). Luckily the OPO was there to save the day.

The only Android phones that have interested me this year is the OnePlus 3 (although they could of upgraded the battery) and the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 after not being a big fan of the S7 & S7 edge, a wander in to the Samsung shop in L1 and I fell in love with the Note.

But then like all of my great infatuations, I found out they blow up. So I guess that one's out. Guess it's just wait for the 2016 Nexus?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #269: Sep 16, 2016 02:06:55 pm
      Had the S6 Edge for a year now and struggle to see how I could personally get anymore out of a mobile phone.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #270: Sep 16, 2016 02:11:45 pm
      I haven't got one but I've heard they've got a really good vibration motor, I can see how that'd appeal to you.

;)

Ah, they could reshape it. You're onto something here.

Only a conversation with Exiled could turn a comment about my mobile phone being great into me shoving the said mobile phone up my riggot. :D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #271: May 13, 2017 08:02:47 am
      Anyone got the Samsung S8, if so what do you think? :)
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #272: May 13, 2017 07:15:04 pm
      Anyone got the Samsung S8, if so what do you think? :)

I purchased one last Tuesday. So far, I am really liking it. It has a nice screen size, also it has an edge screen to access things quicker.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #273: Jun 18, 2017 01:49:19 pm
      After 19 years of brand loyalty to Nokia, I recently ditched my crappy Lumia Windows phone and bought an Android device - namely a Moto G5. I have to say I love it and wish I had switched earlier.

I have some cool games, especially the two property games I play which use GPS to include local businesses. If anyone can recommend something similar or a good multiplayer game then please do.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #274: Jun 30, 2017 09:44:06 pm
      Just picked up the Galaxy S8 today.

Bit of alright, this.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #275: Jun 30, 2017 09:49:31 pm
      Just picked up the Galaxy S8 today.

Bit of alright, this.
      Nice for people who want Samsung. I am quite liking Huawei phones now.

Quick Reply