Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Android Appreciation Thread

Read 76152 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Android Appreciation Thread
      Reply #276: Jun 30, 2017 10:10:43 pm
      Saw this thread and thought it was about androids like marvin from hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #277: Jul 04, 2017 09:43:39 pm
      Just picked up the Galaxy S8 today.

Bit of alright, this.

They're all too big for me, 5 inch screen is the max. I've got a Moto g5 now and it's a belter little phone .

Plus you get the added bonus of them not taking up your space with loads of bloatware apps like Google news and all that crap.

Finger print scanner is great on it too
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #278: Jul 04, 2018 11:32:00 pm
      Wanted something different for my upgrade and after a bit of thought and research made the plunge for the BlackBerry KEYone.

Yes folks typing this from a phone with a real keyboard. ;D

It'll take a bit of getting used to again.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #279: Jun 01, 2020 12:12:58 am
      Wanted something different for my upgrade and after a bit of thought and research made the plunge for the BlackBerry KEYone.

Yes folks typing this from a phone with a real keyboard. ;D

It'll take a bit of getting used to again.

Dropped the KeyOne at the weekend in work but couldn't have happened at a better time as upgrade is due today.

Fantastic phone and I'll miss the keypad but looking forward to the Google Pixel 3a XL which I've just ordered.

I don't watch much video on the phone so the slightly smaller screen on the Blackberry didn't bother me too much but I really think I'll miss the proper keypad.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #280: Jun 01, 2020 12:30:30 am
      Dropped the KeyOne at the weekend in work but couldn't have happened at a better time as upgrade is due today.

Fantastic phone and I'll miss the keypad but looking forward to the Google Pixel 3a XL which I've just ordered.

I don't watch much video on the phone so the slightly smaller screen on the Blackberry didn't bother me too much but I really think I'll miss the proper keypad.

Had the Pixel 3a XL myself for over a week now and I must say the screen is something, the size of it is perfect for watching youtube videos or films etc. Also, the camera quality is amazing considering the price of the phone, really impressed so far.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #281: Jun 01, 2020 05:53:57 pm
      Had the Pixel 3a XL myself for over a week now and I must say the screen is something, the size of it is perfect for watching youtube videos or films etc. Also, the camera quality is amazing considering the price of the phone, really impressed so far.

It's got great reviews and my wife has the normal 3a so I'm looking forward to it.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #282: Jun 01, 2020 08:21:43 pm
      It's got great reviews and my wife has the normal 3a so I'm looking forward to it.

I know it's early days but the battery life is quite impressive as well. I have the dark theme on it though to help save battery life, proves quite difficult to see in the sunlight but worth the extra juice it saves!

Haha hope you enjoy it when it arrives.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #283: Jun 01, 2020 08:29:56 pm
      I know it's early days but the battery life is quite impressive as well. I have the dark theme on it though to help save battery life, proves quite difficult to see in the sunlight but worth the extra juice it saves!

Haha hope you enjoy it when it arrives.

I seen a review where the guy said he never used a full battery in one day and most of the time had about 30% the next morning.

Very impressive.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #284: Jun 03, 2020 09:03:56 am
      First impressions of the Pixel 3a XL are very good indeed.

Seems like a fantastic phone for the money. Brilliant screen, nice design and even better speakers than I was expecting. Might use the phone a lot more for watching stuff now.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #285: Jun 03, 2020 02:12:29 pm
      My tablet goes everywhere with me, so I went for the cheapest phone I could that, if needed, could cover what I use my tablet for. Ben pleasant surprised by how good the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 is. I've got a wallet case for it, but it's a pretty phone. Only real issue was sorting the App trays, no automatic way of doing it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #286: Jul 01, 2020 12:32:42 pm
      Cracked my phone screen last Thursday - absolutely fuming as it's the first time I've ever done that.  Had my phone a couple of years but had no intention to replace it really.

Long story short - getting the Honor 20 (previously had Honor 10) although I spent ages deliberating! Almost went for the Oppo Reno 2Z - seems like theres loads more companies out there now doing some really good phones around the £250 price. 

Can't believe how much I used to shell out on iPhones.  You don't half waste some money when you're young!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #287: Apr 29, 2022 12:52:45 pm
      Anyone got a Xaoimi phone?

Ordered an 11T Pro yesterday.

Apparently the battery charges from 0-100 in 17 mins.

Going from the reviews it'll be more than what I need in a phone but wondering has anyone any personal opinions on them.

Changing from a Huawei P30. Had it 2 and a half years and it's been great, unfortunately the clumsy big b***ard that I am, I cracked the screen.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #288: May 01, 2022 12:32:48 am

Yes. Spot on. An iPhone for 20% of the price. Can't fault it. Got the 10T Lite 5G about 18 months ago.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #289: May 01, 2022 12:33:40 am
      Apparently the battery charges from 0-100 in 17 mins.

I've got an older model and mine charges in half an hour so its probably right.

Quick Reply