Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Who Will Finish In Top 4/6 And Where?

Read 2003 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Who Will Finish In Top 4/6 And Where?
      Sep 02, 2023 05:38:00 pm
      Transfer window closed and now itā€™s prediction time again. 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Think we can all agree the summer window has been one to remember in so many ways which certainly not for the good of football, least thatā€™s how I see it anyway. The Oilyā€™s continue to pinch premier league players and for some reason have a fetish for Liverpool  ex/players. Anyone got a genuine reason why you think this is?

Man City 1st.
      Unfortunately I donā€™t see any change at the top. Once again I see City breaking yet another record and getting 4  PL titles on the bounce. 🤮 Surprisingly a few players left which is confusing when you consider how well they play. Again they have the strongest squad by a distance even though Arsenal had the best summer window out of all the clubs. When injuries strike ( more so after Christmas) they continue to have the ammunition to replace players that would get into any of the top 6 teams. Iā€™d give anything for City not to make it 4 on the bounce, if that means you lot picking them up before the  post so be it.

Arsenal 2nd.
       Anyone who supports Arsenal will be very pleased with the players theyā€™ve brought in the summer transfer window. Lego head did a great job last year and even though many reckon they bottled it will most certainly learn from the encounter. I think it will be a little tighter this year but for me improved ( on paper ) more than any other club in the transfer market.

3rd/4th/5th/6th I may as well buy a lottery ticket as I simply donā€™t really know. Looking at the candidates itā€™s no surprise I have Liverpool/Man Utd/Newcastle/Chavs battling it out.

At one stage ( based on transfers ) I thought Liverpool were looking good for 3rd till the chavs came and gazumped a couple of your targets. This has caused you to panic buy a couple of players that I donā€™t think fit into your team that will suit what Klopp is looking for. Whatā€™s really surprising is that you havenā€™t got a CB that could join VVD or replace if he picks up an injury throughout the season.
      Big improvements in the midfield ( couldnā€™t be any worse than last year) and none better than Snob, short for Szoboszlia. Endo from what little Iā€™ve seen looks nothing more than a sub player. Given a choice Gravenberch or Amrabat itā€™s the latter everyday of the week, and no not just because we got him, heā€™s simply a better player.

Man Utd.
      Not a great  transfer window for me, granted we were handicapped by FFP but wasnā€™t the window I expected. Missing out on Kane was a sickner to say the least. For me it was our No1 priority and we got it wrong. I donā€™t know that much about Hojlund and basically donā€™t take much notice of you tube like so many do as it never shows the good/bad/ugly, just the good. Hell even I can make Maguire look 100 million dollar by selective set pieces/games. United certainly canā€™t win the league but if I put rose tints on 😎 maybe top 4.

Newcastle.
      I donā€™t think Eddie Howe can take them much further, donā€™t get me wrong heā€™s done a great job but could be his last year as boss. Donā€™t think the transfer window has really improved them but probably still get in top 6. They could well be found wanting this year, especially with CL football in the mix followed by the Europa Cup.

Chavs.
      What can we say about this lot? Basically a new team from No 1 to No 11. I should imagine itā€™s going to take a while for this team to gel but approaching Christmas we may see them start to enjoy a near 1 billion in transfers over the last few months. Hard to see them not at least getting top 6.

Outsiders for top 6 Aston Villa.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2023 09:47:26 pm by Keith Singleton »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Re: Who Will Finish In Top 4/6 And Where?
      Reply #1: Sep 02, 2023 05:45:19 pm
      1. City

2. Liverpool
      3. Arsenal
      4. Newcastle
      5. Spurs
      6. Chelsea
      7. Villa
      8. Man Utd
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2: Sep 02, 2023 05:46:18 pm
      1. City

2. Liverpool
      3. Arsenal
      4. Newcastle
      5. Spurs
      6. Chelsea
      7. Villa
      8. Man Utd

No biased then Pj 😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #3: Sep 02, 2023 06:03:18 pm

Thatā€™s how I see it looking at the players thatā€™s arrived and the squads they have

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4: Sep 02, 2023 06:17:49 pm
      Thatā€™s how I see it looking at the players thatā€™s arrived and the squads they have

Not a problem Pj just surprised you put Liverpool 2nd which makes me think you thought Liverpool had a better transfer window than Arsenal. ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3405 
      Reply #5: Sep 02, 2023 06:19:33 pm
      Not a problem Pj just surprised you put Liverpool 2nd which makes me think you thought Liverpool had a better transfer window than Arsenal. ?

I think we are a better team than them 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1220 
      Reply #6: Sep 02, 2023 06:22:30 pm
      Can't see anyone catching City with the horse fella up front. And you know something is wrong when a team has a Ā£78m CB as their back up.

I think it will then be us or Arsenal, both have our defensive frailties so unlikely to push City all the way.

Fourth - fook knows. I'd probably say Man U but it will be a real dogfight. Potentially could have Spurs or Brighton applying pressure never mind Chelsea or Newcastle.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,265 posts | 760 
      Reply #7: Sep 02, 2023 06:39:44 pm
      LFC
      Man C
      Tottenham
      Man U
      Arsenal
      Brighton
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #8: Sep 02, 2023 06:41:07 pm
      LFC
      Man C
      Tottenham
      Man U
      Arsenal
      Brighton

Spurs in front  of Arsenal? Whatā€™s your thinking behind that?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,265 posts | 760 
      Reply #9: Sep 02, 2023 07:45:28 pm
      Spurs in front  of Arsenal? Whatā€™s your thinking behind that?
      Arsenal flattered to deceive last season...Arteta is a busted flush, a total chancer...Keepers rubbish and some of his players are way over hyped, for example Martinelli. Spurs have better balance across the squad, together with a manager who is obviously well thought of and he'll get a tune out of those players.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2023 09:06:54 pm by Longy-Shops »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #10: Sep 02, 2023 09:43:08 pm
      City look good again. Known for slow starts and here they sit with 12 from 12. I think they will win it unless they get a couple more joining De Bruyne on the treatment table.

I think us, United, Arsenal and Spurs will be locked closely together. Spurs one to look out for with no European football. Chelsea have again splashed money in the wrong areas whilst I think European football will hurt Newcastle, Brighton and Villa (although all three will still do well and take plenty of points from the 'big 6')
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #11: Sep 02, 2023 11:35:09 pm
      1. City

2. Liverpool
      3. Arsenal
      4. Newcastle
      5. Spurs
      6. Chelsea
      7. Villa
      8. Man Utd

Swap out Chelsea for Brighton.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #12: Sep 03, 2023 08:16:18 am
      1 - Liverpool

Who gives a F**k about the rest
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #13: Oct 30, 2023 12:35:23 pm
      Well weā€™re 10 games in and time for an update! Any changes i your  opinions?

Whoā€™d of thought/predicted Spurs would be top at this stage? Iā€™ll get back to them later.

Sadly my opinion of the top two not changed, still City for me. Annoyingly so good to watch, how can fans deny their ability to hold/pass the ball better than anyone else in the league. Itā€™s easier to get a bone off a pit bull than get the ball off these kunts. Weā€™ve still got the worse to come! Theyā€™re only going to get better.  :throw:

Arsenal still undefeated after 10 games tells you there no going away in this  campaign. Only saving grace is my Ā£50 charity bet looking good.   :f_whistle: Que Billy Buster. 😂

3rd/4th/5th/6th May no longer be a lottery judged on the 10 games weā€™ve all seen now.

Unfortunately ( if your  a manc ) you lot looking good for a possible 3rd, 4th at worse. The thing whatā€™s annoying (for me) is that I donā€™t actually think youā€™re playing great football when you compare with the likes of City & Arsenal 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø solid yes but not championship level football, least not yet anyway. Can that change? course it can itā€™s only 10 games. However, to reach Cityā€™s level!! Youā€™ll need a bigger boat! The January transfer window IMHO will tell you if you can mount a challenge for top 2. Hereā€™s my problem, despite not playing like champions youā€™ve won 7/10 and lost 1 which obviously a bone of contention as at worse should have been a draw. Arguably championship form on stats. I remember when United were at their best, played badly yet still got a result, this is exactly what you lot are currently doing. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø I do think your favourites to win a Cup though, be it Europa/FA Cup or Micky Mouse Cup.

So with possible one place left for CL football whereā€™s it going? Certainty not us lot! Iā€™ve been in the Carra camp the last week or so as found myself agreeing with much of what heā€™s stated. Thereā€™s no identity to them, like Carra I canā€™t work out how weā€™re playing, it makes me think I know fcuk all about football ( donā€™t you lot answer that one 😂 ) with all the toxic that Iā€™ve now heard going on in the changing rooms itā€™s not looking good, Hallelujah you cry 😂

The pending sale doing us no favours at all, the old adage of not being able to organise a p!ss up in a brewery stinks to high heaven. Losing 50% of our games says weā€™re not even making Europa football, god forbid we qualify for that conference sh*te, Iā€™ll never live it down.

Candidates for 4th? I never thought Iā€™d say this but can Spurs be ruled out? a good shout by Longy for putting them ahead of Arsenal in 3rd, still early days though. Might get shot for this but still donā€™t think they will get top 4. Manager deserves a whooping 10/10 for effort though and proving many doubters wrong, so far! The fact they have no European football should make me think top 4 very much on the cards. I must be missing something. 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Chavs looking just as bad as United yet I still think they may come good. Brighton/Newcastle and even Villa looking like top 6 not out of their realms. Unai Emery certainly putting SG to shame with whatā€™s basically the same side.

Another review after Christmas when we can pretty much guarantee who will be in the mix, at least for 3rd & 4th anyway.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14: Oct 30, 2023 12:40:15 pm
      At the end of the day it's a marathon not a sprint etc.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15: Oct 30, 2023 12:42:01 pm
      At the end of the day it's a marathon not a sprint etc.

Absolutely.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16: Oct 31, 2023 08:31:54 pm

Whoā€™d of thought/predicted Spurs would be top at this stage? Iā€™ll get back to them later.

Sadly my opinion of the top two not changed, still City for me. Annoyingly so good to watch, how can fans deny their ability to hold/pass the ball better than anyone else in the league. Itā€™s easier to get a bone off a pit bull than get the ball off these kunts. Weā€™ve still got the worse to come! Theyā€™re only going to get better.  :throw:

Arsenal still undefeated after 10 games tells you there no going away in this  campaign. Only saving grace is my Ā£50 charity bet looking good.   :f_whistle: Que Billy Buster. 😂

3rd/4th/5th/6th May no longer be a lottery judged on the 10 games weā€™ve all seen now.

Unfortunately ( if your  a manc ) you lot looking good for a possible 3rd, 4th at worse. The thing whatā€™s annoying (for me) is that I donā€™t actually think youā€™re playing great football when you compare with the likes of City & Arsenal 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø solid yes but not championship level football, least not yet anyway. Can that change? course it can itā€™s only 10 games. However, to reach Cityā€™s level!! Youā€™ll need a bigger boat! The January transfer window IMHO will tell you if you can mount a challenge for top 2. Hereā€™s my problem, despite not playing like champions youā€™ve won 7/10 and lost 1 which obviously a bone of contention as at worse should have been a draw. Arguably championship form on stats. I remember when United were at their best, played badly yet still got a result, this is exactly what you lot are currently doing. 🤦ā€ā™‚ļø I do think your favourites to win a Cup though, be it Europa/FA Cup or Micky Mouse Cup.

So with possible one place left for CL football whereā€™s it going? Certainty not us lot! Iā€™ve been in the Carra camp the last week or so as found myself agreeing with much of what heā€™s stated. Thereā€™s no identity to them, like Carra I canā€™t work out how weā€™re playing, it makes me think I know fcuk all about football ( donā€™t you lot answer that one 😂 ) with all the toxic that Iā€™ve now heard going on in the changing rooms itā€™s not looking good, Hallelujah you cry 😂

The pending sale doing us no favours at all, the old adage of not being able to organise a p!ss up in a brewery stinks to high heaven. Losing 50% of our games says weā€™re not even making Europa football, god forbid we qualify for that conference sh*te, Iā€™ll never live it down.

Candidates for 4th? I never thought Iā€™d say this but can Spurs be ruled out? a good shout by Longy for putting them ahead of Arsenal in 3rd, still early days though. Might get shot for this but still donā€™t think they will get top 4. Manager deserves a whooping 10/10 for effort though and proving many doubters wrong, so far! The fact they have no European football should make me think top 4 very much on the cards. I must be missing something. 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Chavs looking just as bad as United yet I still think they may come good. Brighton/Newcastle and even Villa looking like top 6 not out of their realms. Unai Emery certainly putting SG to shame with whatā€™s basically the same side.

Another review after Christmas when we can pretty much guarantee who will be in the mix, at least for 3rd & 4th anyway.

No Red tints here, but I honestly think weā€™ll get second at least, atm weā€™re ticking along nicely and like you said picking up points when weā€™re still in third gear, the only square peg is Macca @ 6, but I believe Andre is imminent and when he arrives and settles weā€™ll have two for every position, without any drop in quality,

JĆ¼rgen rolled out a new midfield trio in Macca, Gā€™Berch & Szloboslai last week and they looked like a default midfield to me, and they will just get better and better, the chemistry is there, vision, technique, passing, goals assists, and ably backed with the maturing Jones & Elliot, with Thiago the Maestro and possibly Andre, yet to feature,

The back 5, look as solid as we were when we became Champions, Virgil as good if not better, Matip, Konate, Gomez and the new kid Quansah equally impressive, add the best stopper on the planet Allison itā€™s easy to see why weā€™ll be difficult to score against never mind beat,

Then we have the front 5/6, Salah, Jota, Gakpo, Nunez, Diaz, with young Ben Doak to come in too, i canā€™t be the only one to see the same Vision, JĆ¼rgen is building a side I think will surpass Klopp pt1, it may well be a bridge too far this season but by F**k are we about to cross it,

Keith will point out of course that my Red tints are firmly strapped on but, heā€™s a deluded Manc and his opinion although welcome donā€™t really matter that much, he wonā€™t or will refuse to see what we see, and that is us becoming Pep Gā€™s ultimate pain in his arse,

Spuds are flavour of the month right now, however they couldnā€™t score against 9 of us and only a freak OG gave them points two points more than what they have, and weā€™d be but a point behind, it is a marathon not a sprint and without European adventures itā€™s easy to see why some think the unthinkable, a top 4 for them would be a step forward but their certainly not winning it,

Arse, yes they have improved also, but they look fragile in midfield and not as good as us at the back, nor up top,  a flip of the coin between them and Spuds for third, I favour Arse simply cos they have a more settled side and will draw on last seasons experience, the rest will fight it out for the remaining Euro spots and quite frankly i donā€™t give a F**k who finishes where, but I reckon if the Munts donā€™t get shot of Eric by Crimbo theyā€™ll be Lucky to see the dreaded Euro conference sh*te,

That leaves us and the fraudsters, now youā€™ve gone Gaga and im talking out of by poop chute will be endearing comments heading my way, but seriously I cannot see Shitty regaining their title, yes they are a phenomenal team but their certainly not invincible, the unfortunate thing for us, and perhaps fortune will be on their side when we meet right after the next International breakā€¦..and f***in yesā€¦.itā€™s a 12.30 KOā€¦..AGAIN ??ā€¦..we all know weā€™re never at our best at that time of day, but this is massive and i truly believe weā€™ll be well up for it, so weā€™ll seeā€¦.

Itā€™s far too early to say for sure, but I see the top 4 as ā€¦..

Liv/City
      Arse
      Spudsā€¦.

After that I couldnā€™t give the Shiniest sh*te about !!!

YNWA
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #17: Oct 31, 2023 09:10:13 pm

Yeah I'm with you on the top 2. You just can't look past city but arsenal look very strong and will take them all the way again. City can win 15 on the bounce if they need to ... so as much as arsenal improved on last seasons failings I think they'll fall just short again.

3rd and 4th up for grabs especially with united and Chelsea struggling. Newcastle finding out what its like to have to backup from midweek games will be an eye opener for them.

If we stay relatively injury free and nothing happens to Salah we can get 3rd or 4th. We're not strong enough at the back or in the no6 position ... to challenge for the title.

Spurs will fall away. They're a couple of injuries from problems ... they're not that good and we're lucky to beat us.

United ... lots of talent but no leader and alot of petulance in the squad. Europa at best this season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18: Jan 31, 2024 10:20:19 pm
      Time for me to grab a bit of humble pie me finks .  :lmao:

Playing well now. My Ā£50 bet with Billy Buster looking a bit grim. 🤢😂
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19: Apr 21, 2024 11:51:23 pm
      Transfer window closed and now itā€™s prediction time again. 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Think we can all agree the summer window has been one to remember in so many ways which certainly not for the good of football, least thatā€™s how I see it anyway. The Oilyā€™s continue to pinch premier league players and for some reason have a fetish for Liverpool  ex/players. Anyone got a genuine reason why you think this is?

Man City 1st.
      Unfortunately I donā€™t see any change at the top. Once again I see City breaking yet another record and getting 4  PL titles on the bounce. 🤮 Surprisingly a few players left which is confusing when you consider how well they play. Again they have the strongest squad by a distance even though Arsenal had the best summer window out of all the clubs. When injuries strike ( more so after Christmas) they continue to have the ammunition to replace players that would get into any of the top 6 teams. Iā€™d give anything for City not to make it 4 on the bounce, if that means you lot picking them up before the  post so be it.

Arsenal 2nd.
       Anyone who supports Arsenal will be very pleased with the players theyā€™ve brought in the summer transfer window. Lego head did a great job last year and even though many reckon they bottled it will most certainly learn from the encounter. I think it will be a little tighter this year but for me improved ( on paper ) more than any other club in the transfer market.

3rd/4th/5th/6th I may as well buy a lottery ticket as I simply donā€™t really know. Looking at the candidates itā€™s no surprise I have Liverpool/Man Utd/Newcastle/Chavs battling it out.

At one stage ( based on transfers ) I thought Liverpool were looking good for 3rd till the chavs came and gazumped a couple of your targets. This has caused you to panic buy a couple of players that I donā€™t think fit into your team that will suit what Klopp is looking for. Whatā€™s really surprising is that you havenā€™t got a CB that could join VVD or replace if he picks up an injury throughout the season.
      Big improvements in the midfield ( couldnā€™t be any worse than last year) and none better than Snob, short for Szoboszlia. Endo from what little Iā€™ve seen looks nothing more than a sub player. Given a choice Gravenberch or Amrabat itā€™s the latter everyday of the week, and no not just because we got him, heā€™s simply a better player.

Man Utd.
      Not a great  transfer window for me, granted we were handicapped by FFP but wasnā€™t the window I expected. Missing out on Kane was a sickner to say the least. For me it was our No1 priority and we got it wrong. I donā€™t know that much about Hojlund and basically donā€™t take much notice of you tube like so many do as it never shows the good/bad/ugly, just the good. Hell even I can make Maguire look 100 million dollar by selective set pieces/games. United certainly canā€™t win the league but if I put rose tints on 😎 maybe top 4.

Newcastle.
      I donā€™t think Eddie Howe can take them much further, donā€™t get me wrong heā€™s done a great job but could be his last year as boss. Donā€™t think the transfer window has really improved them but probably still get in top 6. They could well be found wanting this year, especially with CL football in the mix followed by the Europa Cup.

Chavs.
      What can we say about this lot? Basically a new team from No 1 to No 11. I should imagine itā€™s going to take a while for this team to gel but approaching Christmas we may see them start to enjoy a near 1 billion in transfers over the last few months. Hard to see them not at least getting top 6.

Outsiders for top 6 Aston Villa.

Right well whatā€™s changed with the 6 games to the top spot? I still  have the noisy neighbours in No1 spot and Arsenal no 2. Liverpool looking like No 3 but itā€™s might close.

Villa will get CL in 4th place. I think even though Spurs will fight them all the way to the winning line they may well settle for 5th.

6th place looking really grim with Spurs & United fighting it out for No7 to the wire. 

What a sh*te season for the so called top 6. Some bog changes next year along with getting rid of VAR. itā€™s not happening but I can live in hope.

Quick Reply