Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Arsenal FC

Read 194677 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Talk Arsenal FC
      Reply #1104: Mar 19, 2015 05:19:26 pm
      Now that Arsenal have been knocked out of the Champions League on away goals, Wenger has called for the away goals rules to be scrapped :laugh: He is such a whinge arse. Would have been completely different had they gone through on away goals.

hahahaha he's a div sometimes.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #1105: Mar 19, 2015 08:31:28 pm
      He's a whimper at times but he's not a bad guy nor is he antagonistic. I totally respect the man.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1106: Jul 25, 2015 05:09:47 pm
      Arsenal destroying Lyon, quite a fun game to watch!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1107: Jul 25, 2015 07:37:40 pm
      I'm starting to fancy Arsenal for a real shot at the title this season, especially if they can get a top name striker signed up.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1108: Jul 25, 2015 08:13:37 pm
      I'm starting to fancy Arsenal for a real shot at the title this season, especially if they can get a top name striker signed up.

They do have a lot of match winners in their team, so without a striker, if they can keep their key players fit, I can see them winning it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #1109: Jul 25, 2015 08:33:55 pm
      Nah can't see Arsenal winning it. They are great to watch and will probably win another cup but I think they lack enough steel and power in midfield. If they had a player like Matic or Carvalho I think they would win it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1110: Jul 25, 2015 09:06:27 pm
      Nah can't see Arsenal winning it. They are great to watch and will probably win another cup but I think they lack enough steel and power in midfield. If they had a player like Matic or Carvalho I think they would win it.

Coquelin, he is such a beast of a DM, whether he's half a season wonder remains to be seen, but I doubt it. Definitely the reason why Arsenal finished the season so good. Then you look at their match winners, Sanchez, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Walcott and even Giourd.

If they can keep Cech, Coquelin, Ramsey & Sanchez fit throughout the season, I can see them winning it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1111: Jul 25, 2015 09:07:59 pm

I don't. To be honest, I don't think Wenger has what it takes to produce a team to win the league again. I can see them winning the FA Cup again but not the league.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1112: Jul 25, 2015 09:11:41 pm

Me too. It is providing they keep their key players fit for most the season, something that doesn't come too easy for them.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1113: Jul 25, 2015 11:48:31 pm
      Me too. It is providing they keep their key players fit for most the season, something that doesn't come too easy for them.

Well if we don't win it then I hope it's Arsenal.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1114: Jul 26, 2015 10:10:22 am
      Arsenal destroying Lyon, quite a fun game to watch!!

Looked really good did the arse, oxlaide chamberlain seemed like a different player.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1115: Jul 26, 2015 11:02:11 am
      Looked really good did the arse, oxlaide chamberlain seemed like a different player.

He'll spend most of the season on the bench like usual though.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1116: Jul 26, 2015 01:06:08 pm
      Only saw brief highlights of their game but F**k me they can pass the Ball around. So clinical and so dangerous.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1117: Jul 26, 2015 02:12:29 pm
      Only saw brief highlights of their game but f**k me they can pass the Ball around. So clinical and so dangerous.

Yep, without doubt the best pass and move team in the prem, and has been for a long time. They just need to keep their key players fit!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1118: Jul 26, 2015 03:23:03 pm
      Yep, without doubt the best pass and move team in the prem, and has been for a long time. They just need to keep their key players fit!

Apart from us two seasons back. Hopefully we return to that this season, we live in hope.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1119: Jul 26, 2015 05:46:17 pm
      Watching the arse match and before the game they were talking about De Bruyne going to city for a reported £60m and then went on to do a show-reel of him which looked like it was meant to show him as a sh*te player because the clips showed him doing F**k all but as it was on they were lauding him which left me sitting there wondering what the F**k was going on.

Fast forward to him being subbed and the commentator said ' watching his mesmerising skills in the first half', now I watched the first half and for me he was less than average so am I missing something or is it the fact that he's reportedly valued at £60m is making reality warp?
      dflfc1
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts | 18 
      Reply #1120: Jul 26, 2015 06:06:37 pm
      Watching the arse match and before the game they were talking about De Bruyne going to city for a reported £60m and then went on to do a show-reel of him which looked like it was meant to show him as a sh*te player because the clips showed him doing f**k all but as it was on they were lauding him which left me sitting there wondering what the f**k was going on.

Fast forward to him being subbed and the commentator said ' watching his mesmerising skills in the first half', now I watched the first half and for me he was less than average so am I missing something or is it the fact that he's reportedly valued at £60m is making reality warp?
      Hes far from average, wouldnt say hes worth £60m just yet but one poor game during pre season doesnt make him a bad player. Average? 21 assists and 10 goals from midfield in 34 games says otherwise.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1121: Jul 26, 2015 06:15:16 pm
      Hes far from average, wouldnt say hes worth £60m just yet but one poor game during pre season doesnt make him a bad player. Average? 21 assists and 10 goals from midfield in 34 games says otherwise.

1, Punctuation my man.  :P

2, I wasn't talking about his record mate, I was talking about the match today and BT talking about him as a £60m player then showing a show reel that looked like it was made by a drunken child who was told to show the clown in him and then the commentator talking about his first half mesmerising skills when he was basically sh*te. I was questioning the reality of what was going on before my eyes, sh*t show reel, player playing sh*t but pundits and commentators talking about Messi.

Record or not he's worth £60m as much as sterling was worth £49m.
      dflfc1
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts | 18 
      Reply #1122: Jul 26, 2015 06:56:53 pm
      1, Punctuation my man.  :P

2, I wasn't talking about his record mate, I was talking about the match today and BT talking about him as a £60m player then showing a show reel that looked like it was made by a drunken child who was told to show the clown in him and then the commentator talking about his first half mesmerising skills when he was basically sh*te. I was questioning the reality of what was going on before my eyes, sh*t show reel, player playing sh*t but pundits and commentators talking about Messi.

Record or not he's worth £60m as much as sterling was worth £49m.
      Sorry, grammar isn't my strongest point.  ;D

And again I apologise, misunderstood your post completely mate. I agree with you though regarding him being priced at £60m, some of the valuations of players nowadays are crazy. He is a much better player than Sterling though so if Sterling was worth £49m I can see why he's going for £60m.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1123: Jul 26, 2015 07:10:26 pm
      Sorry, grammar isn't my strongest point.  ;D

And again I apologise, misunderstood your post completely mate. I agree with you though regarding him being priced at £60m, some of the valuations of players nowadays are crazy. He is a much better player than Sterling though so if Sterling was worth £49m I can see why he's going for £60m.

Not a problem mate, gotta agree though, the price of players these days is short of bizarre. Sterling for £49m, taking into account £10m for being English is still only a £20m max player taking into account he's unproven, he'll probably make the step up but it's a huge gamble. City can gamble though given the depth of their pockets.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1124: Jul 27, 2015 06:27:32 am

Agreed mate. Let's hope they don't keep them fit.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1125: Jul 27, 2015 09:12:26 am
      That Adelaide lad looked incredible in Arsenal's team. Frightening the talent they've got on their hands. Iwobi, Adelaide look great.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1126: Aug 02, 2015 03:26:07 pm
      Ooomph! The Ox strikes again! Love that player - classy, strong, powerful, smart. Some real gems in this Arsenal team!

Quick Reply