Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Arsenal FC

Read 191663 times
      Klopps Snood, Brian78, Redangel and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Re: Arsenal FC
      Reply #1173: Feb 20, 2016 02:42:29 pm
      Big fat blert!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1174: Feb 20, 2016 02:44:01 pm

Blert! Not heard that phrase in ages.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #1175: Feb 22, 2016 02:59:53 pm

What. The. F**k. Is. That!!

Then again you only have to see the cameras pan round the Emirates to know Arsenal fans are full on wankers.

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #1176: Mar 16, 2016 07:35:02 pm
      If Arsenal score first tonight Barcelona will panick
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #1177: Mar 16, 2016 07:48:31 pm
      Commentator saying an Arsenal win would be the greatest European comeback ever ! Short F***ing memories if you ask me FFS !!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1178: Mar 16, 2016 08:07:23 pm
      Commentator saying an Arsenal win would be the greatest European comeback ever ! Short F***ing memories if you ask me FFS !!

Come on now Steve, most of what happens north of Watford doesn't register on their radar.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #1179: Mar 16, 2016 08:39:02 pm
      If Arsenal score first tonight Barcelona will score four. ;)
      Bright start from le arse but only lasted 5 or so minutes, game over. Switched to Munich game after Neymars goal, looking interesting.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1180: Apr 30, 2016 06:15:39 pm
      I never really disliked Arsenal as much as other rivals, I must say I their manager has been disrespectful blaming fans for lack of success. I understand why Arsenal fans are not tolerating that and they are a tolerant bunch with not winning much and all. I think Wenger will be gone in the summer.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1181: Apr 30, 2016 06:22:37 pm
      No wonder Ozil does sod all now, he's sat far too deep to be having any sort of impact.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1182: May 11, 2016 04:49:43 pm
      Bambi out for 9 months, poor lad can't catch a break.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1183: May 15, 2016 05:41:18 pm
      Arsenals midfield.

Rosicsky
      Arteta
      Flamini

Ozil
      Chamberlain
      Ramsey
      Cazorla
      Wilshire

Losing 3/8 of their midfielders is going to be tough on them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #1184: May 25, 2016 12:44:27 pm
      Granit Xhaka has signed for Arsenal for undisclosed fee.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1185: May 25, 2016 10:46:09 pm
      Granit Xhaka has signed for Arsenal for undisclosed fee.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2878209/granit-xhaka-joins-arsenal-from-borussia-monchengladbach
      Saying 30million.
      Supposed to be a hard tackling midfielder. Good addition for them if he is as good as some say.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1186: May 25, 2016 10:54:17 pm
      http://www.espnfc.com/story/2878209/granit-xhaka-joins-arsenal-from-borussia-monchengladbach
      Saying 30million.
      Supposed to be a hard tackling midfielder. Good addition for them if he is as good as some say.

Red card magnet.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1187: Jun 03, 2016 08:46:52 pm
      Arsene Wenger is a disgrace of a man for triggering Vardy's get out clause 3 weeks before Euro's. I would bench Vardy now in favour of focused players. I'd start with Kane and Sturridge up top. It is annoying because 6 days ago Hodge asked for no transfers until after the Euros.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3614532/Roy-Hodgson-lays-law-talk-transfer-negotiations-Euro-2016-England-want-stay-focused-us.html

England boss Hodgson doesn't want his players distracted during the tournament in France this summer
      He says he wants transfer talk and future contracts put on hold until after the end of Euro 2016

What is it with Arsenal trying to skimp and seek out cheap get out clauses. By going against Hodgson he has gone against the English FA. Not a wise thing to do.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1188: Jun 03, 2016 08:58:19 pm
      Arsene Wenger is a disgrace of a man for triggering Vardy's get out clause 3 weeks before Euro's. I would bench Vardy now in favour of focused players. I'd start with Kane and Sturridge up top. It is annoying because 6 days ago Hodge asked for no transfers until after the Euros.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3614532/Roy-Hodgson-lays-law-talk-transfer-negotiations-Euro-2016-England-want-stay-focused-us.html

England boss Hodgson doesn't want his players distracted during the tournament in France this summer
      He says he wants transfer talk and future contracts put on hold until after the end of Euro 2016

What is it with Arsenal trying to skimp and seek out cheap get out clauses. By going against Hodgson he has gone against the English FA. Not a wise thing to do.

He's a disgrace of a man? :D.

The sooner Roy Hodgson realises he doesn't dictate what clubs do in domestic football the better the world will be. The only authority he has is selecting players for England and managing the ENGLAND team, not Arsenal or any other club. Considering we as clubs ask him to look after our players yet he rarely does says everything so why should clubs listen to him?

Not sure why you're so arsed. Chill out man!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1189: Jun 03, 2016 09:00:48 pm

Would you be as bothered if it was us and call Klopp a disgrace?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1190: Jun 03, 2016 09:05:12 pm
      I am not a hypocrite and I think transfer before Euros are quite terrible. I am opposed to it without exception. They should not have the transfer window open before the Euros, that is half the problem.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1191: Jun 03, 2016 09:10:30 pm
      I am not a hypocrite and I think transfer before Euros are quite terrible. I am opposed to it without exception. They should not have the transfer window open before the Euros, that is half the problem.

No ones saying you are a hypocrite mate but presumably a signing like Vardy could be classed as quite a big signing based on last season so I was just wondering if it was us making arguably a big signing you would feel the same as opposed to a team who will be aiming for the top next season. Is it any different to us supposedly trying to sign Gotze and Klopp apparently wanting all his signings made by July 1st, when the Euro's will still be going?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1192: Jun 03, 2016 09:11:25 pm

You can sign a player at any point in a season, they're just not registered until the window opens. It's been the same for a long, long time. We also don't fly out until next week.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1193: Jun 03, 2016 09:12:06 pm
      No ones saying you are a hypocrite mate but presumably a signing like Vardy could be classed as quite a big signing based on last season so I was just wondering if it was us making arguably a big signing you would feel the same as opposed to a team who will be aiming for the top next season. Is it any different to us supposedly trying to sign Gotze and Klopp apparently wanting all his signings made by July 1st, when the Euro's will still be going?
      Yes because Gotze is already unsettled.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1194: Jun 03, 2016 09:13:00 pm

Why so sensitive? Sounds like you are an England fan first and an England fan second Rib! Quite what there is to stick up for Hodgson I don't quite see it. What Hodgson says, do the opposite I say. Wenger is perfectly within his right to do HIS job. Does he, indeed do we, give a damn about upsetting Hodgson? Do we hell!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1195: Jun 03, 2016 10:22:45 pm
      Hodgson wasn't so bothered about his players when he called up an injured Daniel Sturridge 18months ago that led to a succession of injuries since.

Quick Reply