Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Arsenal FC

Read 188469 times
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Arsenal FC
      Jul 29, 2011 06:46:04 pm
      Surprised we ain't had such a topic for one of our main league rival to discuss. In this topic we hear the latest news and views and discuss things all about the Gunners  ;)

Arsenal midfielder Diaby out until end of August

REUTERS Fri, 29 Jul 15:00:00 2011

Arsenal will be without Abou Diaby for the start of the new season after the France midfielder underwent an operation on his injured ankle.

"Abou had ankle surgery during the close-season break," manager Arsene Wenger told the club's website (www.arsenal.com) on Friday.

"He should be back eight to 10 weeks after his surgery which means the end of August."

Diaby was hampered by his ankle problem last term and has not featured for Arsenal in pre-season, missing the tour of Asia and the club's training camp in Germany.

He is certain to miss next month's Premier League games against Newcastle United, Liverpool and Manchester United plus the Champions League playoff against as yet unknown opposition.

EuroSport

It'd be a bit blow for the Gunners but still, with the uncertainty concerning some of their stars, I think they got enough youngsters to cope with it.
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2015 05:20:03 pm by racerx34 »
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Re: Talk Arsenal FC
      Reply #1: Jul 29, 2011 06:56:33 pm
      'Unsettled' Fabregas misses out

Fri, 29 Jul 16:41:52 2011

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas will take no part in the Emirates Cup this weekend, manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed.

Barcelona are looking to bring the World Cup winner back to the Nou Camp, but Arsenal remain determined to hold out for a £40million fee.

Fabregas has not featured in any of Arsenal's pre-season games, officially at least as he works on his match fitness following a troublesome hamstring. Speaking at Friday afternoon's press conference ahead of the Emirates Cup, Wenger said: "He is not settled, with his injury and his situation. That has to be sorted out soon."

EuroSport

It looks certain that he'd leave Arsenal, and would join the Catalan's giant Barca, but when does it happen, no one exactly knows!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2: Jul 30, 2011 01:42:12 am
      Not much in those articles to talk about, is there Mr?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3: Jul 30, 2011 01:44:18 am

MR ;)

I am sure there is an Arsenal thread that ozgooner opened?
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 30, 2011 02:25:04 am
      MR ;)

I am sure there is an Arsenal thread that ozgooner opened?

Nop. I've searched a lot but there was not such a thread mate.
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Reply #5: Jul 30, 2011 02:31:49 am
      Fabregas may not play for us again hints Wenger

Published 00:10 30/07/11 By Matt Butler

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger claims wantaway captain Cesc Fabregas must sort his head out before he plays for the Gunners again.

Wenger is frustrated by the will-he-won't-he saga surrounding Fabregas' protracted move to Barcelona.

And he has withdrawn the Spanish star from this weekend's Emirates Cup friendlies against Boca Juniors and New York Red Bulls because he says Fabregas is unsettled and unfocused.

Wenger has previously used Fabregas' hamstring injury as an smokescreen to keep him out of his pre-season preparations but, last night, the gloves came off.

He said: "He will not be involved this weekend because at the moment he is not settled. He is coming back from an injury and is not settled with us.

"You know all the speculation which is around his position. That has to be sorted out soon.

"I'm just worried that the player has to be completely focused and committed to our club. And at the moment he's coming back from an injury and we have to sort out that situation.

"He is the captain of our club and we have to make sure he is really focused on being with us."

Barcelona revealed earlier this week that they would wait until the end of the transfer window before making a bid that meets the Gunners' £40m valuation for Fabregas.

Wenger insists he is concentrating on getting the rest of his squad ready for the new season, rather than worrying when or if the Catalans will stump up for his star man.

He said: "There is only one deadline, it is on August 31. The other deadline is for us to get everybody focused, the players who are really committed to the club, my energy and my focus goes on them.

"That is what I focus on, I cannot help the other situation, because it does not only depend on me, it depends on the players and on the other clubs."

Wenger is after two more players, but wants his transfer business done before the Premier League season begins in a fortnight.

He claimed his attempts to sign players have been foiled by the fact there is nothing available in his price bracket.

"Business will be done sooner rather than later," he said. At the moment you have two categories of movement, one from zero to 10 million, and one from 30 to 50 million.

"We are in between. In between nothing happens at the moment, there has been very little movement.

"The only clubs who buy at the moment in Europe are ones who buy with money which is not generated by our industry.

"There are two categories of club - those who travel with sweat and those who travel with petrol. We are those who travel with sweat."

MirrorFootball

Interesting words. Ironically he criticized clubs' ownership like Man CT and Chelsea. He surely moaning about the lack of budget at hand. Don't you think?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #6: Jul 30, 2011 02:43:52 am

Great way to up your post count though
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7: Jul 30, 2011 04:47:08 am

Guess we don't hate them that much, eh? Don't think they are champions quality, yet.

Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Reply #8: Jul 30, 2011 05:47:18 am

Hell, you're free to get your mind fly wherever you like, pal. But I'll keep my red mates posted with every top news around my beloved club no matter whether it goes that bloody counter passes yours or goes down to hell ;)
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #9: Jul 30, 2011 11:49:53 am

Well if he gets claimed to "post counting" for that, then I'm definitely a spammer, with the crap I spout.

Arsenal do seem to be going down the sh*t though, both Fabregas and Nasri wanting to leave, lost Clichy and they are still in need of a central defender. If they sign Juan Mata and a top class centre half, I'd consider them a real threat. Not only will they have more creativity but will be stronger defensively too.  
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #10: Jul 30, 2011 11:55:34 am
      Well if he gets claimed to "post counting" for that, then I'm definitely a spammer, with the crap I spout.

Well he's managed a total of 26 posts per day, some effort.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #11: Jul 30, 2011 12:21:56 pm
      True, but most of my posts are in the "arkles" board which has no relevance to Liverpool, or indeed any particular notation of football

See right now I'm talking crap - talking about post counts in the Arsenal thread :laugh:

No body can spam like I can ;)
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Reply #12: Jul 30, 2011 02:53:04 pm
      WENGER WANTS DUO TO DRIVE ARSENAL

Arsene Wenger has challenged want-away captain Cesc Fabregas and contract rebel Samir Nasri to nail their colours to the Arsenal mast and drive the club on to long-overdue success next season.

Fabregas will play no part in this weekend's Emirates Cup - which features a game against New York Red Bulls and former skipper Thierry Henry - as constant rumours over his future and recovery from a troublesome hamstring have, according to Wenger, left the midfielder "unsettled", with Barcelona looking to bring the World Cup winner back to the Nou Camp. Nasri, meanwhile, has yet to pen a new deal.

Wenger remains as defiant as ever his young squad can finally deliver in 2011/2012, having collapsed so spectacularly over the closing weeks of last season.

"The players have worked very hard, are determined and the competition is a high level," said Wenger in last night's news conference at Emirates Stadium.

"We analysed it all again and you look at all the performance indexes from last season you will see we were very close. That is why my desire is so big to keep the whole squad together.

"I talked about Fabregas and Nasri because I feel a good response would be to say 'okay, we missed it last year. Let's show that we can do it together, with maybe one or two more players'.

"That is what we come to expect from champions."

This time last year, goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny was third choice.

Now the young pole, whose mix-up with centre-back Laurent Koscielny cost Arsenal the Carling Cup at Wembley, has his eyes on the jersey full-time.

"I enjoyed my spell last season and I want to do my best to convince the boss that I should be number one," Szczesny said.

"We are all friends - all the players at the club are all friends - but at the same time, we want the same spot."

With midfielder Abou Diaby set for 10 weeks on the sidelines after ankle surgery, Wenger could well keep hold of Henri Lansbury, who had looked set for a £2million move to Norwich, where he spent a successful loan spell last season.

"I believe he will make a career and at the moment it is a bit congested for him, but I believe he has the talent to play for Arsenal," Wenger said.

The Gunners are expected to close out deals for Valencia midfielder Juan Mata, Everton's England centre-back Phil Jagielka and promising young Costa Rica forward Joel Campbell ahead of the transfer deadline.

Striker Nicklas Bendtner is on the verge of a £9m move to Sporting Lisbon, while Emmanuel Eboue is reported to be ready to join Galatasaray.

SportingLife

I personally wrote them off last campaign but they did so well at some stage and more importantly they ain't got that extra push the Mancs and even Chelski showed afterwards.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #13: Jul 30, 2011 03:32:02 pm
      A thread specifically for Arsenal?

Dear god.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #14: Jul 30, 2011 03:33:15 pm
      They still need a centre half and goalkeeper more important then them signing Mata to be honest.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #15: Jul 30, 2011 03:42:12 pm
      They need to stop indulging into attacking qualities and sort out there defensive issues, until a strong defensive midfielder and CB is brought in, i do not see them as a threat to our tittle race ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #16: Jul 30, 2011 04:09:14 pm
      Who gives a F**k about Arsenal? :D

We'll easily overtake them this season. :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #17: Jul 30, 2011 04:39:39 pm
      A thread specifically for Arsenal?

Dear god.

We had two threads specifically about the blues and mancs - our PROPER rivals, yet other posters felt we needed them for spurs, chelsea, man city and now this cockney sh*te.

My contribution to the thread - I'd just like to point out that the Emirates is a European Cup freezone, just like Highbury was!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #18: Jul 30, 2011 04:49:16 pm
      I have a lot of respect for Arsenal and Arsene Wenger. The massive faults at Arsenal are so glaringly obvious though that this season really is make or break. I don't think their fans will accept the same thing yet again and I think they are all sick fed up of useless crap like Denilson, Diaby etc and a truly average back line and goalkeepers. They are in a position to launch themselves to the top in England but Wenger refuses to press the ignite button ie spend money on quality players in desperately needed positions on the field. If he buys another Koscielny (why?) like player then Arsenal fans will rightly be tearing out what's left of their hair. So Arsene it really is a big year for you and your team!
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #19: Jul 30, 2011 05:04:43 pm
      Well he's managed a total of 26 posts per day, some effort.
      When RLB registered he got to 1000 posts in about a week.

And I don't have anything to say about Arsenal. They're nothing to us.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #20: Jul 30, 2011 05:56:20 pm
      When RLB registered he got to 1000 posts in about a week.

And I don't have anything to say about Arsenal. They're nothing to us.

Think when i first joined the forum as Vtorres, i was hitting more then that and ended up getting banned :D
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Reply #21: Jul 30, 2011 07:12:05 pm
      They're nothing to us

And they unfortunately ended above us with some kids recently :( They humiliated us some time and still they're nothing to us?! Why we shouldn't open our eyes and look what the f**k they're doing there?!

Think when I first joined the forum as Vtorres, I was hitting more then that and ended up getting banned Cheesy

When you know the rules and get what you're doing, why you get banned if you walk on the line, mate? ;) I don't see any problem there. Unlike some of you guys there, I respect your thoughts and views and honored to share what I'm hearing.

I don't understand what's your problem with sharing thoughts on other teams and have a close eye on them in one thread?!

back to the real world, the Gunners some minutes ago drew 2-2 with Boca Juniors. Arsenal fielded Fabianski, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Djourou, Traore, Frimpong, Wilshere, Nasri, Gervinho, Arshavin, Van Persie against the Argentinian giant.

The first goal came in 29th minutes when Gervinho surges forward on the left before whipping in a teasing low ball which Van Persie turns home at the near post. Then just two minutes after the break, half-time substitute Ramsey scores will his first touch, sending a rasping shot past the Boca keeper from the edge of the box after a darting run by fellow sub Vela!

Then it turned to the Argentinians. Squillaci gives away possession in the 69th minute, and Viatri lashes home from the edge of the box to halve the deficit. Just two minutes later Mouche seizes upon an Arsenal defensive howler to slot home and draw Boca level! Djourou got the wrong side of his man and Argentine Mouche made no mistake in beating Fabianski.

Their attacking movements, as usual, covered their some shaky defending and it look they're still struggling at the back.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #22: Jul 30, 2011 07:21:50 pm
      Personally i thought it was for my constant posting, however when looked into in more detail, it was because of the lack of quality in my posts and the general punctuation etc in them, also i tended to go off topic a lot which i hope has changed then, as i have never had a warning or been banned since.

On topic, still think they are a couple years of being a threat to winning the tittle or any other MAJOR cup for that matter.

Quick Reply