Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Arsenal FC

Read 188320 times
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Re: Talk Arsenal FC
      Reply #23: Jul 31, 2011 02:28:41 am
      Arsenal winger ­Walcott has undergone an operation on his ankle and must now rest for 10 days.

That puts a question mark against him being fit for the opening match of the ­Premier League campaign against Newcastle at St James’ Park.

If Walcott is ruled out of that clash, he will also be absent when England take on Holland in a friendly at Wembley the following week.
      the general
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #24: Jul 31, 2011 02:57:26 am
      The Arse arent a title threat IMO,they haven't got the mentality or the confidence any more and they need a lot of new quality players as well
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #25: Jul 31, 2011 09:44:13 am
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Jul 31, 2011 10:07:29 am
      I think some forgot they were in the General Football Forum, a forum to talk about...general football.

I don't see the problem with a thread concerning them considering something will happen through the season where Arsenal will be discussed.

They're deep in the shits and still haven't fixed their two main problems - keeper and defence. Plus they have a manager who is as stubborn as it gets and clueless as F**k.
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Reply #27: Jul 31, 2011 10:37:49 am
      Of course they are not considered a title material to many, but you can see they're playing some descent attacking football on the pitch and that make many prem clubs to concern. For some years I'm shouting loud that the likes of Mancs are so beatable and they rely mostly on the fear factor from the opposite to hit them back.

Some time Rafa revealed this championship-secret to some smaller club saying they're not invincible when we hammered them 4-1 in their Old Toilet and you saw how they follow our brave performance.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28: Jul 31, 2011 12:38:18 pm
      Has M_Red sold his news agitator aggregator to the Devil? Did he meet him at the crossroads?  :o
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #29: Jul 31, 2011 12:54:33 pm
      Bottlers. Next.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #30: Jul 31, 2011 02:40:44 pm
      And they unfortunately ended above us with some kids recently :( They humiliated us some time and still they're nothing to us?! Why we shouldn't open our eyes and look what the f**k they're doing there?!

And we've given them a couple of hidings and properly fu**ed up their title bid last season when we got the draw late on.

Proper hated them under George Graham, don't give a toss about them now as LFC-LCFC said, they're bottlers and have no heart.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #31: Jul 31, 2011 05:59:32 pm
      Gervinho is meant to look very good for then so far in pre season
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #32: Jul 31, 2011 08:16:22 pm
      Booed off at full time today against NY Red Bulls

Ha ha ha ha ha

F***ing no nothing cockney cu*ts!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33: Jul 31, 2011 08:18:43 pm

I'd go as far to say, considering the quality of articles used this far, we should rename this topic as Talk Arse.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #34: Aug 01, 2011 12:47:48 am
      There are plenty of posters talking out of their arsenal...

I suspect we'll replace them in the top four this year, but there is still a long time to go in the transfer window
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #35: Aug 01, 2011 01:48:47 am
      I actually like Arsenal but I don't support them. Want them to win the trophies if we're out of any as well but they can't and they don't.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #36: Aug 01, 2011 02:06:38 am
      Gervinho is meant to look very good for then so far in pre season

Top player. I was shouting for him and got ridiculed by some.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #37: Aug 01, 2011 02:11:33 am
      Well being fair, N'gog has gave Malaysia XI a hiding. Gervinho would rip them a new one.

I value your opinion Red5man and from the very little I've seen of him (FIFA 11 doesn't count - right), I think he'll do very well over here. Definitely better and fitter, then Walcott; has good eye for a cross and can get a goal or two, and very versatile, just like most Arsenal players are. Not sure he can play the one touch passing through.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #38: Aug 01, 2011 04:19:04 am
      Oh he can. He's fine technically, bags of pace and scores more goals than most know. Think he's going to be vital to their success in years to come. He has everything I want, really. And for 10m? One of the top deals of the summer.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #39: Aug 01, 2011 04:27:09 am
      I've only seen him play in the world cup for the Ivory Coast and he was complete dogshit.

It was basically, head down, run fast into a dead end, lose the ball and repeat till end.

The most annoying thing about him is his strange hair. WTF is it?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #40: Aug 01, 2011 04:30:04 am
      No idea about his hair. Outstanding footballer though. :D
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Reply #41: Aug 01, 2011 04:52:27 am
      Oh he can. He's fine technically, bags of pace and scores more goals than most know. Think he's going to be vital to their success in years to come. He has everything I want, really. And for 10m? One of the top deals of the summer.

Agreed mate. He's shown a top signing for them. His sharp cross to the near post against Boca which Van Persie converted was top class. I rarely remember Wenger signed flops like we did for dozen times :( However they are still have a lot of work to do to catch us this season I presume.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #42: Aug 02, 2011 11:30:10 pm
      Typically Wenger signs an attacking player while completely ignoring the fact that they have needed a decent goalkeeper for about 4 years now.

Sczezeszeny, Almunia and Flappyhandski just won't cut it.
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Reply #43: Aug 04, 2011 08:06:33 am
      Typically Wenger signs an attacking player while completely ignoring the fact that they have needed a decent goalkeeper for about 4 years now.

Sczezeszeny, Almunia and Flappyhandski just won't cut it.

Yes indeed and it's strange how a good manager like Wenger have'nt got the clue yet ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #44: Aug 04, 2011 10:08:45 am
      All the talk is of Arsenal losing patience with Wenger if he doesn't produce the goods this year but I wonder, how long will Wenger have patience with Arsenal?
      He's renouned for buying cheap young players and developing them but I'm sure once in a while he'd like to be able to splash out on the Matas, Hazards and Lukakus of the world now and then. With the stadium paid off*, rumour had it that Arsene would have some decent funds this time around but he hasn't spent a lot yet.

* I'm pretty sure the stadium is now paid for, maybe Mac_Red Devil Hunter can clarify.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #45: Aug 05, 2011 01:14:16 pm
      'Arsenal will play Udinese in the play-off to reach the group stage of the Champions League'

Ouch. That could have been easier.

Quick Reply