Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Over seas players

Read 1101 times
      gazza31
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Over seas players
      Jul 28, 2011 11:08:47 pm
      I mean I am not asking much, if a Spanish Greek Italian whoever signed for us the least I would expect is for them to learn four words before the press conference and that would be "you'll never walk alone". After watching Kuns interview the very least City fans should expect is "I'm a greedy b***ard" at the end of he interview.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Over seas players
      Reply #1: Jul 28, 2011 11:31:01 pm
      To be fair, I've always had exceptionally low opinions of footballers intelligence, so I'm amazed when some of them actually learn a little bit of the language.

Torres never really grasped it did he.

Lazy, thick judas tw*t.

;)
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #2: Jul 29, 2011 03:45:27 am
      If I moved to a non-English speaking country as a footballer, the first thing I'd do is get a language tutor. Learning the language allows you to understand your coaches, teammates, fans...and you'd be able to take advantage of marketing opportunities a lot more.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #3: Jul 29, 2011 04:37:28 pm
      If I moved to a non-English speaking country as a footballer, the first thing I'd do is get a language tutor. Learning the language allows you to understand your coaches, teammates, fans...and you'd be able to take advantage of marketing opportunities a lot more.

That's a curious one.

I agree with you, though. Learning the language has many potential benefits, but I'd want to learn the language if only out of respect for the people of the country I was living in. Even if they could all speak very good English or I was able to afford an interpreter.

Quick Reply