Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Stevan Jovetic( Fiorentina)

Read 3276 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Stevan Jovetic( Fiorentina)
      Jul 30, 2011 02:13:17 am
      I checked back but couldn"t see a thread for this lad, mods merge if there"s one for him already, I had forgotten about this lad .He could be on our radar, what do my fellow reds think.
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2011 02:28:00 am by bigears »
      bigears
      • Started Topic

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Re: Stevan Jovetic( Fiorentina)
      Reply #1: Jul 30, 2011 02:24:14 am
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2011 02:34:21 am by bigears »
      AW00D
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Re: Stevan Jovetic Fiorentina.
      Reply #2: Jul 30, 2011 02:25:40 am
      fix your title mate :)

bigears
      • Started Topic

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Re: Stevan Jovetic Fiorentina.
      Reply #3: Jul 30, 2011 02:30:23 am
      How"s that AWOOD, sorry but i"m a thread virgin :laugh:
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 30, 2011 02:47:02 am
      I watched this kid since he was 17-18 year old,playing for Partizan Belgrade,he was already their best attacker and natural born goal-scorer!Not to mention the way he demolished us playing for Fiorentina in the CH.League 2 years ago.Briliant talent,i'd put him in the top 10 in Europe for his age,a big YES from me,he can became a Premier league sensation under Kenny's influence ;)
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #5: Jul 30, 2011 02:49:47 am
      Stevan Jovetic Vs Liverpool

brilliant player. as we're talking about in the other thread, perhaps aqua and cash for him
      Ingo
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Brazilian by birth, Scouser by choice :)
      Reply #6: Jul 30, 2011 04:11:06 am
      Oh boy, this would be absolutely fantastic.

Don't think it's happening, tough.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #7: Jul 30, 2011 04:17:04 am
      Roughly twenty four hours late but finally with startling predictablity it is here. Like the changing of the seasons and the tides, here we have the next installment of the great 'boom-bust' transfer hysteria cycle of our summer!

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Jul 30, 2011 08:10:29 am
      I think he has gone off the radar since that game against us, hasn't he being plagued with injury
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #9: Jul 30, 2011 08:54:41 am
      Don't really know much about the lad, but 8 in 58 doesn't look like he is prolific.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #10: Jul 30, 2011 11:06:14 am
      He had a pretty serious injury rather than a continuous spate of injuries if i remember correctly. Very good player, interesting to see what price he has.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #11: Jul 30, 2011 11:54:25 am
      Injury's fu**ed him up last season,decent player when on top of his game.Would he be worth Auqa plus cash???
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #12: Jul 30, 2011 03:38:20 pm
      He had a pretty serious injury rather than a continuous spate of injuries if I remember correctly. Very good player, interesting to see what price he has.

Yeah, some kind of horrible cruciate injury I think.

Don't really know much about the lad, but 8 in 58 doesn't look like he is prolific.

Those figures are skewed slightly. I'm not sure he had a very productive first season with Viola, playing 32 games and scoring only 2. I don't personally know what the cause of that was, maybe he wasn't playing up front, or just wasn't fitting in yet.

Since then he's scored 11 goals from 37 games the season before last, and was out for 10/11 with that cruciate injury. My goal scoring figures are from all competitions.

I think he'd be a brilliant signing, and would offer great competition to Carroll and Suarez, as well as allowing the possibility of playing with a front three of Suarez - Carroll - Jovetic. He's more of a support player than an out and out goalscorer like Carroll, but he's still got pace, skill, dribbling ability, a decent pass and a great shot with either foot.

I haven't really heard us being linked with him that strongly recently, and it seems unlikely we'll splash out on another striker. Although N'Gog out, Jovetic in, sounds good eh :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #13: Jul 30, 2011 05:45:50 pm
      Should of been bought about two years ago, when we had him scouted and the deal in place only for the shysters to pull the plug on the deal.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #14: Jul 30, 2011 07:03:41 pm
      Should of been bought about two years ago, when we had him scouted and the deal in place only for the shysters to pull the plug on the deal.

Is that so, did not know that. He was certainly coming into some exceptionally good form before his injury. Worth a scouting session if you ask me.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #15: Jul 30, 2011 07:11:23 pm
      Is that so, did not know that. He was certainly coming into some exceptionally good form before his injury. Worth a scouting session if you ask me.

Yes, it's most certainly true. During the BBC interview with Rafa he speaks of how he had Jovetic as one of his top targets a few years back, but no money was put forward to buy the lad when we had the opportunity to.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16: Jul 30, 2011 08:01:46 pm
      Don't think we'll get another strong attacking player tbh.

I think he had a major injury the season after he owned us and practically missed the whole of that season ? Does anyone know if hes back to his best on a consistant basis or has the injury slowed him down?
      bigears
      • Started Topic

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #17: Jul 30, 2011 08:56:59 pm
      Personally i think he"s a diamond in the rough, he"s had his injury problems ,what player hasn"t , we have a top class physio team to sort him out. The thing is that Aqua would prefer to be there and Jovetic isn"t happy to be warming the bench plus he"s adaptable to both positions, i reckon he"d make an excellent supersub, something we"ve been missing for far too long now.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #18: Jul 31, 2011 01:07:51 am
      Personally i think he"s a diamond in the rough, he"s had his injury problems ,what player hasn"t , we have a top class physio team to sort him out. The thing is that Aqua would prefer to be there and Jovetic isn"t happy to be warming the bench plus he"s adaptable to both positions, i reckon he"d make an excellent supersub, something we"ve been missing for far too long now.

That's the thing for me, it is probably a pipe dream but I think it makes sense for both teams. Jovetic is going to move somewhere soon, a player of his caliber won't want to stay there. Meanwhile Aquilani wants to be in Italy, and if he got his move he would be happy to ply his trade there. I think he's probably got, if he can stay healthy, 3 years of excellent play left. So they would be giving up Jovetic, who is going to move sometime anyways, for approx. 3 years of a proven serie A midfielder who is just about the same quality of player as well as some cash to spend elsewhere. Or Ngog if they want :)

Quick Reply