Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Pako's departure - the effect on the reds?

Very very very bad
      (18.4%)
      Not ideal
      (69.4%)
      Makes no difference
      (8.2%)
      Pako who?
      (4.1%)

Pako Ayesteran off

Read 18779 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Is Pakos departure now a major issue?
      Reply #92: Oct 25, 2007 06:34:06 pm
      But results also raise confidence - and I was personally convinced that our result at Everton would sent our confidence rocketing again...

Results and hitting the back of the net raises confidence throughout the team. That's when hard passes turn into easy ones. No doubt there was a boost straight after the derby win but we still couldn't hit the net in open play. This is on the players mind and it's up to them to put it right on the pitch.

The major issue, is on the pitch for me. Once the goals are going in we'll see an improvment through the whole team. Pako or no Pako.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #93: Oct 25, 2007 07:14:52 pm
      Results and hitting the back of the net raises confidence throughout the team. That's when hard passes turn into easy ones. No doubt there was a boost straight after the derby win but we still couldn't hit the net in open play. This is on the players mind and it's up to them to put it right on the pitch.

The major issue, is on the pitch for me. Once the goals are going in we'll see an improvment through the whole team. Pako or no Pako.

Agreed.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #94: Oct 26, 2007 09:24:02 am
      Sorry but since Pako has left we have won only one game i think (possibly 2) but thats a problem in my opinion. But then again there have been injuries, so we can only really judge when the full team is back to fitness
      achilles
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      • VICTORY
      Reply #95: Oct 26, 2007 09:32:26 am
      it shouldn't be a major problem to the club.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #96: Oct 26, 2007 09:54:22 am
      it shouldn't be a major problem to the club.

No it shouldn't but it might be - particularly during the games themselves - which IMHO is when Pako (stealth) value-add reallly came into play - it's called managing a situation on your feet (with a good no.2 by your side)... it's right -there- that I think Rafa is discovering life without Rafa... but I'm sure he will find his "feet" again.

In Rafa We Trust.
      (Good to see Hicks give his full backing yesterday)
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Pako to be new manure assistant manager???
      Reply #97: Jul 08, 2008 01:51:34 pm
      Man Utd's Ferguson to stun Liverpool with Pako move
      aloadofw**k.com - July 08, 2008

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson could stun bitter rivals Liverpool by making Pako Ayesteran his new assistant manager.
      The Telegraph says the former Liverpool coach, now working at Benfica, is in line to succeed Carlos Queiroz once his deal to become Portugal's new coach is closed.

Ferguson is keen to recruit an assistant manager with an established network of continental contacts.

i know its tribal football but any truth in this we reckon??
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Pako to be new manure assistant manager???
      Reply #98: Jul 08, 2008 01:52:46 pm

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson could stun bitter rivals Liverpool by making Pako Ayesteran his new assistant manager.
      The Telegraph says the former Liverpool coach, now working at Benfica, is in line to succeed Carlos Queiroz once his deal to become Portugal's new coach is closed.

Ferguson is keen to recruit an assistant manager with an established network of continental contacts.

I know its tribal football but any truth in this we reckon??

They were after him earlier this season weren't they? And Rafa tried to block it ala Heinze?
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #99: Jul 08, 2008 01:54:01 pm
      good point
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #100: Jul 08, 2008 02:01:10 pm
      Please no. If he goes there i will hate him forever, that would be the move of a true traitor to go there.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #101: Jul 08, 2008 02:48:29 pm
      that would be the move of a true traitor to go there.

He already backstabbed Rafa so i wouldnt put it past him.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #102: Jul 08, 2008 02:51:26 pm
      He already backstabbed Rafa so I wouldnt put it past him.

Very true, surely he must have an ounce of respect for our club though. That should be all anyone needs to stay away from the scum.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #103: Jul 08, 2008 02:55:13 pm
      Very true, surely he must have an ounce of respect for our club though. That should be all anyone needs to stay away from the scum.

One Michael Owen ring a bell? Respect is out the door with most in modern day football. Pako dogged us once, his actions are enough to suggest he could do it again.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #104: Jul 08, 2008 02:57:25 pm
      One Michael Owen ring a bell? Respect is out the door with most in modern day football. Pako dogged us once, his actions are enough to suggest he could do it again.

True but Real Madrid is a whole different story to the scum. I'll never forgive him for leaving us for madirid but if he has left for 'them' it would be worse. I couldnt see pako stooping that low.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #105: Jul 08, 2008 03:02:51 pm
      True but Real Madrid is a whole different story to the scum. I'll never forgive him for leaving us for madirid but if he has left for 'them' it would be worse. I couldnt see pako stooping that low.

Definately, i didnt mean the club however, i meant the principal.

Michael said he would stay, he left for more money and fu**ed his career. Pako was Rafa's best friend and right handman for years and went behind his back for another club and now is out of the limelight.

Very similar situations.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #106: Jul 08, 2008 03:06:53 pm
      That is very true. I just cant see Pako going there. Maybe im just hoping he doesnt go there.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #107: Jul 08, 2008 03:10:35 pm
      That is very true. I just cant see Pako going there. Maybe im just hoping he doesnt go there.

Agreed. Although it wouldnt surprise me, i just cant see him going. More media crap.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #108: Jul 08, 2008 03:12:27 pm

I know its tribal football but any truth in this we reckon??

In other news the government has just announced that all taxes will be scrapped with immediate effect ;)

Source:  :lmao:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #109: Jul 08, 2008 03:14:16 pm
      If Pako goes then he just loses respect from the fans, other than that there's not a great deal we can do.

I can see him going there because morales and loyalty mean F**k all in football because people (by and large) are more inspired by the number of 0's on their pay cheque.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #110: Jul 08, 2008 03:18:59 pm
      Got the proper article.

Laurent Blanc seems to be favourite in the proper article.

Manchester United look to replace Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant Carlos Queiroz
      By Mark Ogden
      Last Updated: 7:27am BST 08/07/2008

Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to recruit an assistant manager with an established network of continental contacts if, as expected, Carlos Queiroz resigns his post as the Scot's right-hand man at United to succeed Luiz Felipe Scolari as the Portugal coach.

Queiroz is understood to have informed Ferguson and United chief executive David Gill that he will accept the four-year contract offered by the Portugal football federation president Gilberto Madail, but a deal has yet to be rubber-stamped with Gill and Madail still to agree a compensation package for the 55-year-old. United are privately resigned to losing Queiroz but are believed to be holding out for £800,000.

Speaking in Portugal yesterday, Queiroz said: ''I want all parties involved to come to an agreement quickly, but from my point of view it's an easy deal."

His departure would be a significant blow to Ferguson, who has rarely hidden his admiration for Queiroz. The former Real Madrid coach has been credited by Ferguson with identifying the talents of Nani and Anderson, the two players recruited from Sporting Lisbon and Porto last summer and, crucially, masterminding Cristiano Ronaldo's development.

Indeed, so successful has Queiroz been since returning to United for a second spell following his departure from Madrid in 2004, Ferguson is ready to use the Mozambique-born coach as the blueprint in his search for a successor.

At 66, Ferguson has acknowledged the requirement for a younger assistant with an in-depth knowledge of the global market, but replacing Queiroz like-for-like will be a challenge.

Laurent Blanc, the former United and France defender, has emerged as a leading candidate after guiding Bordeaux to second spot in the French league last season. Ferguson is a long-standing admirer of the 42-year-old, who he has credited with inspiring defenders Rio Ferdinand and Wes Brown during his two-year playing stint at the club.

Pako Ayesteran, the former Liverpool coach, is also well-regarded within Old Trafford circles.

Academy director Brian McClair, first-team coach Mike Phelan and Rene Meulensteen, United's highly-rated technical skills development coach, are among those likely to be considered as temporary replacements for Queiroz.

Blanc heads race to be Ferguson’s new No 2 at Old Trafford

Laurent Blanc: Sir Alex Ferguson has often praised Blanc’s influence on United’s youngsters during his two-year playing stint at Old Trafford. Now managing Bordeaux, Blanc has the youth and Continental contacts which are viewed as essential by the United manager.

Brian McClair: Despite a brief and unsuccessful spell as assistant to Brian Kidd at Blackburn, McClair has since impressed behind the scenes at Old Trafford, managing the reserve team and heading up the club’s academy.

Rene Meulensteen: Dutchman presently working as United’s technical skills development coach, but highly regarded by Ferguson. Coached United’s reserves before taking over as Brondby coach in 2006. Returned to United 12 months later.

Pako Ayesteran: Both United and Chelsea were linked with the Spaniard when he ended a lengthy partnership with Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez last season. He is now a coach with Benfica, but Ferguson would relish hiring a man with an in-depth knowledge of one of United greatest rivals.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/07/08/sfnman108.xml
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #111: Jul 08, 2008 03:21:16 pm
      cantona has been linked with a coaching role at old trafford as well. he's been managing the french beach footy side.

(i know this topic is about pako but should it be in the general discussion about Liverpool Football Club. He's nothin to do with the club anymore and he's being linked with one of our biggest rivals. I just don't think it should be in our general discussion)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #112: Jul 08, 2008 06:23:19 pm
      If Pako goes to the manc bas**rds then he will be in for a bad reception when they visit Anfield.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #113: Jul 08, 2008 08:55:13 pm
      Doubt it would be Pako.

More bullshit from the website that we shall not speak of.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #114: Jul 08, 2008 10:12:04 pm
      Let him go to Utd he could be our spy and give us inside info.

Quick Reply