Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Raheem Sterling (QPR)

Read 13339 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Re: Raheem Sterling (QPR)
      Reply #69: Jul 31, 2012 04:19:58 pm
      Both of them have a part to play next season, but obviously not as regulars.

I personally hope we approach the Europa League and Carling Cup the same way Spurs did last season.  They used both competitions as a way of getting some of their youngsters more 1st team minutes.  If we can get Shelvey, Suso, Teixeira, Sterling, Wisdom, Flano, Robo, and Morgan plenty of minutes in these fixtures we will be able to see who really has what it takes to make the step up to the 1st team on a full time basis.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #70: Jul 31, 2012 04:25:00 pm
      I personally hope we approach the Europa League and Carling Cup the same way Spurs did last season.  They used both competitions as a way of getting some of their youngsters more 1st team minutes.  If we can get Shelvey, Suso, Teixeira, Sterling, Wisdom, Flano, Robo, and Morgan plenty of minutes in these fixtures we will be able to see who really has what it takes to make the step up to the 1st team on a full time basis.

I suppose it comes down to what BR wants to achieve in his first season, but yeah, I think the same thing.
      Give the young lads some decent game time.
      Not all at once obviously, but like rotating some reserves into the first team for the early rounds.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #71: Jul 31, 2012 05:21:23 pm
      Being back in london would suit him, there are a lot more maternity wards there!!

He's getting loaned out for experience, same with Suso, FFS Gerrard, Lucas in the centre of midfield and that's before you consider Shelvey, Adam, Henderson, Aquilani if he's sticking round and Allen if we buy him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #72: Jul 31, 2012 06:05:31 pm
      F**k off Spurs, not getting anywhere near the lad!!

Can't wait for the day when he makes Bale look like Eric Djemba-Djemba and tearing everyone apart!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #73: Jul 31, 2012 06:06:26 pm
      F**k off Spurs, not getting anywhere near the lad!!

Can't wait for the day when he makes Bale look like Eric Djemba-Djemba and tearing everyone apart!
      This.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #74: Aug 01, 2012 12:28:23 am
      I'd rather he went no where near London on a loan deal*.  Keep him up north.  Too many distractions down here, and a worse situation scenario would be that he gets home sick and wants to stay in the south.  And if he dis come down here he could easily be tapped up.  A loan move to London would really worry me.

*or any deal at all, ever
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #75: Aug 01, 2012 03:11:44 am
      This lad, along with Suso needs to be given first team footy now and given big contracts. Would be biggest mistake ever if we let them slip through our fingers.

After what spurs did with Sig and going after most of our targets the past few years we should be playing hard ball with them and telling them to F**k right off for anything!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #76: Aug 01, 2012 09:18:14 am
      This lad, along with Suso needs to be given first team footy now and given big contracts. Would be biggest mistake ever if we let them slip through our fingers.

Manager doesn't even rate him enough to be included in the squad, let alone play, for a Europa League first round match against a team in the Belarussian first division.

Pretty much says it all. 

I guess we should all play that old card of "well, the manager must see something we don't..."

I'm pretty sure it's plain for everyone to see that Suso is ready.  If nothing else, he's more dangerous than pretty much all of our attacking options.  Raheem was apparently told "if you're good enough, you're old enough." 

Apparently what Rodgers meant to say was "If you're good enough, you're old enough... unless your name is Sterling, Suso, Pacheco, etc..."
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #77: Aug 01, 2012 11:10:00 am
      Manager doesn't even rate him enough to be included in the squad, let alone play, for a Europa League first round match against a team in the Belarussian first division.

Pretty much says it all. 

I guess we should all play that old card of "well, the manager must see something we don't..."

I'm pretty sure it's plain for everyone to see that Suso is ready.  If nothing else, he's more dangerous than pretty much all of our attacking options.  Raheem was apparently told "if you're good enough, you're old enough." 

Apparently what Rodgers meant to say was "If you're good enough, you're old enough... unless your name is Sterling, Suso, Pacheco, etc..."

Apparently you got the wrong end of the stick with that one.

Brendan Rodgers has revealed that he is considering the possibility of sending Raheem Sterling out on loan to get some much needed first team football in the upcoming campaign.
      The new Reds boss insists Sterlingā€™s talent is not in question, but believes he may still be too raw to be thrust straight in at the deep end next term.
      ā€œHe is a talent, but heā€™s not ready for the first team yet,ā€ Rodgers told Liverpoolā€™s official website.
      ā€œOne of the things Iā€™ve done over my career is to manage the expectation of young players and the reality is he is still very young.
      ā€œThere are very few players in the world who get into a Premier League team at 17, never mind a top club.
      ā€œHe has certainly shown qualities and weā€™ll decide over the next few weeks whether he stays, and heā€™s involved now, or if he goes for a loan period.ā€

Thats Rodgers saying he's not ready YET. Massive difference to him dusting his hands of the lad. He wouldn't have given him the chances if he didn't rate him.

My personal preference would be we give these lads a good go like Shelvey got last season and start blending them in now. If we handle it correctly (prefereably no where near London) and send him on loan it could be good for the lad but he will need to feel important here.

God if we sell him which I think is all just media bullshit at the moment, I don't think Rodgers would be even entertaining the idea, it would be a massive F**k up.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #78: Aug 01, 2012 03:44:24 pm

Pretty much says it all. 

Players their age don't have to included in the squad list, IF I remember rightly, so let's not get down about it just yet.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #79: Aug 01, 2012 07:06:22 pm
      Spurs think about Ā£7.5m move for Liverpool winger Sterling

By Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 16:30 EST, 30 July 2012 | UPDATED: 16:30 EST, 30 July 2012

Tottenham are considering a Ā£7.5million bid for Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling.

The 17-year-old is wanted on loan by QPR but Spurs are keen on a permanent deal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2181257/Tottenham-consider-bid-Raheem-Sterling.html#ixzz229w9R6XV

I hate the Spuds.

Not as much as I hate seeing Kelvin Mackenzie's Daily Mail being quoted.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #80: Aug 01, 2012 07:11:16 pm
      Spurs really are doin my nut ;D

Quick Reply