Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jose Enrique (Contract Expired)

Read 156335 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Jose Enrique Sanchez Diaz
      Reply #46: Aug 12, 2011 03:24:28 am
      ANY agent is looked on with distrust in England.

Usually because 'Arry wants to keep that percentage for himself.

Or in Roy's case, feeling that Damien was "cramping his style" in the transfer market.
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Reply #47: Aug 12, 2011 04:35:05 am

What for? Did I do anything wrong to you mate? Is opening a thread for a player who will be announced officially, that so hard?! I'm sorry so. I wanted to remove the thread at first but there was an error that didn't allow me to do so!

Enrique to earn £65k-a-week at Liverpool

Published 23:01 11/08/11 By David Maddock

Jose Enrique will complete his much-­anticipated move to Liverpool on Friday, when he signs a four-year contract.

The Spanish left-back has waited all summer to make the switch to Anfield, after refusing an offer of a new contract at Newcastle and accusing the club of lacking­ ambition.

Enrique was fined £100,000 for a Twitter outburst at his St James’ Park employers, but that eventually paved the way for the £6million move as it confirmed to Magpies boss Alan Pardew that the relationship between club and player was beyond repair.

Enrique was given ­permission to speak to ­Liverpool on Thursday, and travelled to Merseyside for a medical.

He said: “I have rejected good offers from other leagues to stay in England. The style of football is perfect for me and I want to improve myself as a player.

“I always wanted to go to Liverpool and they were always my first choice. One of my ambitions is to play regularly for Spain and it’s more realistic for me to fight for a place with Liverpool rather than Newcastle.”

Enrique, who will earn about £65,000 a week, will arrive too late to make his Liverpool debut on the opening weekend of the Premier League season.

But his arrival will come as a relief to Reds manager Kenny Dalglish, who has been chasing him since last season.

Dalglish still wants another centre-back, with Birmingham’s Scott Dann his main target.

MirrorFootball
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #48: Aug 12, 2011 04:57:44 am
      So we won't see him tomorrow then :(
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #49: Aug 12, 2011 07:20:55 am
      just a question to put out there.. What if, and its a big IF.. Aurelio remains fit for a large chunk of the season. Do we play Enrique or Aurelio, technically I think Aurelio is better, but Enrique is a fast beast and can beat a man with his pace and strength. What do you think?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #50: Aug 12, 2011 07:48:09 am
      Then we can have Enrique at LB, Aurelio as LW and Downing on the right!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #51: Aug 12, 2011 08:18:44 am
      Enrique, every single time.
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #52: Aug 12, 2011 08:43:27 am
      Cool I think I'd rather have enrique in there as well. He adds some much needed pace to that left hand side.
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Reply #53: Aug 12, 2011 09:24:35 am
      Liverpool FC’s capture of Jose Enrique from Newcastle United is a real coup says Alan Kennedy

by James Pearce -  Aug 12 2011

LIVERPOOL legend Alan Kennedy believes Kenny Dalglish has pulled off a major coup with the signing of Jose Enrique from Newcastle United.

The Spanish defender is set to seal a £5.5million move to Anfield when he completes his medical today.

It ends Dalglish’s summer-long pursuit of a left-back and Kennedy, who made that position his own during a glittering seven years with the Reds, believes the manager has got the right man for the job.

"I think Enrique is going to be a very good signing for us," Kennedy said.

"He will strengthen the squad in a position that has been a real problem over the last year or so. Four or five players have tried to make that position their own but haven’t managed to do it. Liverpool have been interested in Enrique for a long time and I remember when we played against Newcastle at Anfield back in May I was very impressed with him. He’s confident on the ball, he’s quick, he’s strong and he likes to get forward.

"I think he’s a steal at that price – the fee really is nothing for a player of his calibre. He was one of the best left-backs in the Premier League last season."

The 25-year-old arrived at Melwood to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical yesterday after Liverpool finally agreed a fee with Newcastle.

The transfer should be completed today but Enrique is unlikely to be considered for tomorrow’s opening Premier League game against Sunderland at Anfield.

Two-time European Cup winner Kennedy, who followed the same path having joined the Reds from Newcastle in 1978, expects Enrique to add another dimension to Liverpool’s attacking play.

"A lot of Andy Carroll’s goals for Newcastle came from the service he got from Enrique," Kennedy said. "They linked up very well there and hopefully Carroll will thrive at Liverpool on the balls Enrique puts into him. I think he will bring good balance to the side.

"The great thing for Kenny is that he now has competition for places. Jack Robinson has done a great job and is certainly one for the future, while if Fabio Aurelio played very well against Valencia last week and if he can stay fit he will really push Enrique for that left-back spot."

Enrique joined Newcastle for £6.3million from Villarreal in August 2007 after starting his career at Levante. He proved to be a big hit in the North East and was instrumental in the Magpies’ promotion back to the Premier League and helped them consolidate their top flight status.

However, he had entered the final year of his contract at St James’ Park and unhappy at the club’s lack of ambition he made it clear he would not sign a new deal.

Enrique will become Dalglish’s fifth signing of the summer following Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson and Alexander Doni to Anfield.

There is likely to be more transfer activity involving the Reds over the coming days with Bolton stepping up their pursuit of striker David Ngog, while Norwich City are expected to beat off competition from Hull City and Swansea City to land defender Daniel Ayala for £850,000.

Meanwhile, Liverpool have been left baffled by reports claiming they are set to lose out to Arsenal in the race for Birmingham City’s Scott Dann. The Reds haven’t made an approach for the defender and he is not a transfer target.

Liverpool Echo
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #54: Aug 12, 2011 09:29:33 am
      I like how Kennedy says "good signing for US".
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Reply #55: Aug 12, 2011 09:31:13 am
      Enrique reveals Liverpool lure

Left-back hopes move will boost Spain claims

Last Updated: August 12, 2011 8:24am

Jose Enrique has insisted his first choice destination was always Liverpool as he prepares to seal a move to Anfield.

The Reds agreed a fee with Newcastle for the Spanish left-back on Thursday and the transfer is expected to be finalised before the weekend after he travelled to Merseyside to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

He is set to sign a four-year deal after turning down the opportunity to play in other major European leagues such as the Italian Serie A and La Liga in his homeland.

Enrique maintains that he never intended to leave the Premier League as he is well suited to English football and believes it is good for his development.

The 25-year-old is excited about his imminent switch to Liverpool and hopes the move will enhance his chances of breaking into the Spain team on a regular basis.

Perfect

"I have rejected good offers from other league to stay in England," he said in the Daily Mirror.

"The style of football here is perfect for me and I want to improve myself as a player.

"I always wanted to go to Liverpool and they were always my first choice.

"One of my ambitions is to play regularly for Spain and it's more realistic for me to fight for a place with Liverpool than with Spain."

SkyNews

He'll get more calls for international duty if he performs at his best. It's a win-win situation, you know.
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2011 09:50:18 am by Devil Hunter »
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Reply #56: Aug 12, 2011 09:42:00 am
      Enrique explains Magpies exit

by Setanta Staff , 12 August 2011

Jose Enrique has revealed that he chose to quit Newcastle for Liverpool because he has a better chance of winning trophies with them.

A fee of around £6m has been agreed by the two clubs, Enrique has undergone a medical and the left back will complete his move to Anfield in the next 48 hours providing there are no last-minute hitches.

The 25-year-old Spaniard was an outspoken critic of the Magpies and was fined two weeks' wages for criticising Newcastle's transfer policy on Twitter in January following the sale of star striker Andy Carroll to Liverpool, and he revealed that it was his desire to win silverware that prompted him to leave St James' Park.

Enrique told the Sun: "My move is purely dependent on the sporting opportunity - not money.

"I want to fight for titles and I think it more possible to do that with Liverpool than Newcastle."

Enrique reportedly rejected £50,000 a week to extend his Newcastle contract and added: "I prefer not to comment on that, but Newcastle did promise to solve my situation before the season and this has happened."

Setanta

Every top player deserves to decide about his future and moves to a bigger club and improve his football playing alongside some of the best in the world.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #57: Aug 12, 2011 09:49:42 am
      Wow Devil hunter do you have proffessional aggregator software. ;)

Welcome to Anfield Enrique... if this goes through I stand to make a few quid... A mate of mine a Barcodes season ticket holder told me this was definetly happening last Sunday and to get a bet on.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #58: Aug 12, 2011 09:54:00 am
      A mate of mine a Barcodes season ticket holder told me this was definetly happening last Sunday and to get a bet on.

I see you're back with your ITK sh*te again.  ;)  :P  ;D

Welcome back mate.  :ernaehrung004: :gt-happyup:
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 358 posts |
      Reply #59: Aug 12, 2011 09:56:34 am
      Wow Devil hunter do you have proffessional aggregator software. ;)

Never heard of it  :f_whistle:

Liverpool FC's acquisition of Jose Enrique could prove to be Kenny Dalglish’s most important signing of the summer

By James Pearce - Aug 12 2011

THE acquisition of Jose Enrique from Newcastle could prove to be Kenny Dalglish’s most important signing of the summer.

Left-back has been a big problem for Liverpool in recent years and the Reds boss believes the Spaniard will finally provide a solution.

The need for a quality new recruit in the backline has been glaring during pre-season as Liverpool shipped goals at an alarming rate.

Emiliano Insua failed to grab his second chance to shine after returning from a loan spell at Galatasaray, while Fabio Aurelio can’t be relied upon to last the pace over the next nine months. The Brazilian’s quality is beyond question and he impressed against Valencia last weekend but his brittle body frequently lets him down.

Youngster Jack Robinson continues to shine and has a big future ahead of him but it would be a huge ask to rely on a 17-year-old to perform at the highest level week in week out.

A year ago Roy Hodgson believed Paul Konchesky was the answer but the £3.5million signing from Fulham proved to be way out of his depth at Anfield.

Liverpool ended up cutting their losses last month and selling him to Leicester for less than half of what they paid for him.

Over the course of last season Aurelio, Robinson, John Flanagan, Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger and Danny Wilson also all had spells at left-back.

In truth that spot in the side hasn’t been nailed down since John Arne Riise’s form slumped dramatically and he was shown the door in the summer of 2008. The £7million spent on Andrea Dossena proved to be wasted and left-back has been an area of glaring weakness.

In the modern game full-backs are crucial to a side’s attacking ability. On the right Liverpool have one of the best in the business in Glen Johnson and with Enrique on board they will finally enjoy similar quality on the opposite flank.

Liverpool Echo

No matter how many super stars you may dispatch, you'll hit hard if you don't manage to build a balance in your team and I kneel before the King Kenny that he's building such a strong pieces at every corner of our ground. Hail the king!
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Jose Enrique Player Thread
      Reply #60: Aug 12, 2011 09:59:09 am
      I see you're back with your ITK sh*te again.  ;)  :P  ;D

Welcome back mate.  :ernaehrung004: :gt-happyup:

Cheers mate. ;)
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #61: Aug 12, 2011 11:03:14 am

Enrique told the Sun: "My move is purely dependent on the sporting opportunity - not money.

Setanta

Seriously? ???
      MsGerrard
      Reply #62: Aug 12, 2011 11:03:50 am

Oh dear...

Welcome to the best football club in the world Jose  :scarf:

Looking forward to seeing you dazzle us at Anfield.

Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #63: Aug 12, 2011 11:22:22 am
      ^^^Hopefully that's just more bullshit from them again, claiming it was told exclusively to 'them' when it was just announced in general.

Think this guy will do an excellent job for us and is just what we needed. Nice bit of business by the club too.

With each new signing, I'm wanting this season to hurry up and start more and more.  :)
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #64: Aug 12, 2011 11:24:03 am
      Another good addition and along with Downing we have finally got that thing thats been elusive for years.....BALANCE.

Welcome to the club Jose lad!
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #65: Aug 12, 2011 11:26:50 am
      We have huge depth in both the full back areas and midfield now. Aurelio (can also play on the wing), Enrique, Robinson, Johnson, Kelly, Flanagan. Great stuff.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #66: Aug 12, 2011 11:32:41 am
      Is kenny on the wrong bus?

He is building the most attractive first 11 in the league :jackoff:

Providing dirk and charlie are on the bench  :D
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #67: Aug 12, 2011 11:49:48 am
      Welcome to the club Enrique. Hope you solve the persistent 'left-back' problem the club has been having for some years. ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #68: Aug 12, 2011 11:53:58 am
      Not only is our squad becoming extremely competitive the average age is being driven right down, absolutely loving our signings seriously believe if we can add one or two world class players to this group next season we could be real title / champs league winner contenders, but for now will be happy with 4th and not getting too far ahead of myself!

Welcome to the club Jose, may your stay be long and trophy full!

Quick Reply