Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jose Enrique (Contract Expired)

Read 156274 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Jose Enrique Player Thread
      Reply #943: Sep 29, 2015 12:35:11 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrCbzO16TDs

I do wonder whats up with him, is he really that sh*t that he can't even get a look in, or his perhaps his fitness the issue? Maybe he had a falling out with Rodgers?

Rodgers is giving him the Balotelli, Manquillo et al treatment.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #944: Sep 29, 2015 01:07:04 pm
      Have a sneaky feeling he will at least make the bench Thursday.

Match fitness has to be a factor.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #945: Sep 29, 2015 02:53:22 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrCbzO16TDs

I do wonder whats up with him, is he really that sh*t that he can't even get a look in, or his perhaps his fitness the issue? Maybe he had a falling out with Rodgers?

Also raises the question of what is going on with Jerome Sinclair and his contract ?
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #946: Oct 11, 2015 06:38:53 pm
      Shame about Enrique, I rated him. I guess it's hard to believe in these days of 24hr football news but there's stuff that happens behind the scenes that us fans just don't get to know.
      Just read a fantastic book by 'The Secret Footballer' - well worth a read - a real eye opener as to what sort of thing stays in- house at clubs like ours. 
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #947: Oct 12, 2015 01:42:48 am
      injuries have played a big role, but a lot of our fans have sadly fallen into the anti-Liverpool mentality of hanging sh*t on our own players based on internet gossip. about nothing very interesting at all anyway. about a man using social networking. shameful.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #948: Oct 21, 2015 02:14:30 am
      John Arne Riise quoted on twitter today after being asked whether he'd think Enrique would stay on. Curtly replied 'hope not...' suggesting he knows things about his attitude at the club (wouldn't be surprised as he would have had inside contacts such as Gerrard for example).

But yes, apparently Enrique is an utter sh*t at the club. Not only is he a freeloading c*nt who openly admitted he was staying for his cushty wage, but apparently Pep Linjders one on one training has yielded no effort from him, who of course was relaying this info to Rodgers. Seems as if he's an all round bad one with the entire coaching staff and not just Rodgers.

This also would explain why Klopp didn't have him on the bench against Spurs, who has obviously been told to not touch him with a barge pole. Says it all when he is choosing a youth player in Connor Randall on the bench instead.

He seems a right total c*nt and any mistreatment from the club is well deserved.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #949: Oct 21, 2015 02:56:55 am
      John Arne Riise quoted on twitter today after being asked whether he'd think Enrique would stay on. Curtly replied 'hope not...' suggesting he knows things about his attitude at the club (wouldn't be surprised as he would have had inside contacts such as Gerrard for example).

But yes, apparently Enrique is an utter sh*t at the club. Not only is he a freeloading c*nt who openly admitted he was staying for his cushty wage, but apparently Pep Linjders one on one training has yielded no effort from him, who of course was relaying this info to Rodgers. Seems as if he's an all round bad one with the entire coaching staff and not just Rodgers.

This also would explain why Klopp didn't have him on the bench against Spurs, who has obviously been told to not touch him with a barge pole. Says it all when he is choosing a youth player in Connor Randall on the bench instead.

He seems a right total c*nt and any mistreatment from the club is well deserved.

do you have anything to prove what you are claiming about the coaching etc?

And I'm not sure why you would have a go at him for his wages.  You basically think that someone should sign a contract and be loyal to the club, but you think that is a one-way street, and that the club doesn't have to be loyal to the player.  If the CLUB decides they don't want a player anymore, then the player should just accept it and move on?  So basically you think the club should be loyal to the player, until they decide they don't want to be loyal anymore.

Sorry but loyalty isn't a one way street.  The club is giving Enrique x-amount of money, he probably won't get it anywhere else, footballers have a very limited career span, so it's in his interest to earn as much as possible while he still can.  Why would you fault him for that?

And it's not Enrique's fault he didn't play under Rodgers.  The idea he needs one-on-one coaching or something, as if he were the worst footballer in history, is absurd.  He was a solid if not extraordinary LB under Kenny, the same early on under Rodgers.  So why would he need one-on-one coaching, more than anyone else?  if he needs it then surely Skrtel, Lovren, Glen Johnson, Moreno etc needed it more than he did.

At the moment we do not have a LB at the club other than Enrique.  Moreno is about as much of a fullback as I am a cocker spaniel.  Gomez is not a full back.  Flanagan (when fit) plays best on the right side. So all we have left is Jose Enrique.  You can say what you want but he never did anything to suggest he was somehow so bad that he needed one-on-one coaching.  There was even talk at one point about him getting called up to play for Spain.  He fell out of favour with Rodgers for whatever reason, but now thank god that fraud is gone.

We've had one game with Klopp.  Let's wait and see what happens, eh?

I have a hard time believing Klopp would say something like "everyone starts with a clean slate.  Oh except you Jose, you can F**k right off."
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #950: Oct 21, 2015 03:33:48 am

do you have anything to prove what you are claiming about the coaching etc?

And I'm not sure why you would have a go at him for his wages.  You basically think that someone should sign a contract and be loyal to the club, but you think that is a one-way street, and that the club doesn't have to be loyal to the player.  If the CLUB decides they don't want a player anymore, then the player should just accept it and move on?  So basically you think the club should be loyal to the player, until they decide they don't want to be loyal anymore.

Sorry but loyalty isn't a one way street.  The club is giving Enrique x-amount of money, he probably won't get it anywhere else, footballers have a very limited career span, so it's in his interest to earn as much as possible while he still can.  Why would you fault him for that?

And it's not Enrique's fault he didn't play under Rodgers.  The idea he needs one-on-one coaching or something, as if he were the worst footballer in history, is absurd.  He was a solid if not extraordinary LB under Kenny, the same early on under Rodgers.  So why would he need one-on-one coaching, more than anyone else?  if he needs it then surely Skrtel, Lovren, Glen Johnson, Moreno etc needed it more than he did.

At the moment we do not have a LB at the club other than Enrique.  Moreno is about as much of a fullback as I am a cocker spaniel.  Gomez is not a full back.  Flanagan (when fit) plays best on the right side. So all we have left is Jose Enrique.  You can say what you want but he never did anything to suggest he was somehow so bad that he needed one-on-one coaching.  There was even talk at one point about him getting called up to play for Spain.  He fell out of favour with Rodgers for whatever reason, but now thank god that fraud is gone.

We've had one game with Klopp.  Let's wait and see what happens, eh?

I have a hard time believing Klopp would say something like "everyone starts with a clean slate.  Oh except you Jose, you can F**k right off."

fu**ed around the same as Balotelli, he was fu**ed off, same should happen to Jose, my guess is he'll be gone the minute his contract runs down.

Flanno is also a decent left-back or have you forgot his performances there during the 2013/2014 season!!
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #951: Oct 21, 2015 05:09:54 pm

Flanno is also a decent left-back or have you forgot his performances there during the 2013/2014 season!!

Federer was too busy watching his beloved Mourinho and Chelsea that season to follow us.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #952: Nov 18, 2015 05:01:04 pm
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #953: Nov 19, 2015 03:15:06 pm
      he's got 6 months to save his Liverpool career as he wont be getting a new deal unless he can play that good he forces his way back in. The fact he has major injury issues i cant see him getting a new deal regardless
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #954: Nov 19, 2015 04:57:49 pm
      he's got 6 months to save his Liverpool career

More like 6 months to save his footballing career :p Even if he performances well, I don't think we should offer him a new contract. Would like to see us bring up a youth or buy a new left back.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #955: Nov 19, 2015 05:20:44 pm
      he's got 6 months to save his Liverpool career as he wont be getting a new deal unless he can play that good he forces his way back in. The fact he has major injury issues i cant see him getting a new deal regardless

Whatever your view, hasn't Klopp said everyone starts with a clean slate!!

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #956: Nov 20, 2015 10:09:20 am
      Whatever your view, hasn't Klopp said everyone starts with a clean slate!!
      agree that's why he's getting a chance now, still think he wont be offered a new deal regardless of how well he does due to the amount of time he's been injured and underpeformed. I  hope  he can turn it around as when he first arrived he was a rock
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #957: Nov 30, 2015 07:07:16 pm
      Playing CB tonight apparently.

Didn't see that coming. ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #958: Nov 30, 2015 07:16:05 pm

Haha I've just said more or less the same thing in the Reserves thread Si.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #959: Nov 30, 2015 07:31:08 pm

That's a scary thought, a CB that can't tackle with his right foot is surely a recipe for complete disaster.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #960: Nov 30, 2015 10:52:00 pm
      That's a scary thought, a CB that can't tackle with his right foot is surely a recipe for complete disaster.

Well we were playing a CB that was petrified of using his left foot at LB a couple of months ago.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #961: Nov 30, 2015 11:03:09 pm
      Well we were playing a CB that was petrified of using his left foot at LB a couple of months ago.

Very true that mate but I think out wide you can get away with a little because when they come inside you at least should have some support. At CB I think it's relatively impossible to be so reliant on one foot, decent attackers will just punish you on your weak side time and time again and you'll look like a tool.

Although the guy you reference is meant to be a CB (Gomez I presume?), I'm hoping he's not nearly as reliant on his right as Enrique is on his left, watching him turn is still etched in my memory and people call Sakho awkward :D

To be fair to Enrique when he's on his top form he can be quite decent as a LB but that is the single and only position he should take up and never again should he be seen as a keeper ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #962: Nov 30, 2015 11:10:01 pm
      Very true that mate but I think out wide you can get away with a little because when they come inside you at least should have some support. At CB I think it's relatively impossible to be so reliant on one foot, decent attackers will just punish you on your weak side time and time again and you'll look like a tool.

Although the guy you reference is meant to be a CB (Gomez I presume?), I'm hoping he's not nearly as reliant on his right as Enrique is on his left, watching him turn is still etched in my memory and people call Sakho awkward :D

To be fair to Enrique when he's on his top form he can be quite decent as a LB but that is the single and only position he should take up and never again should he be seen as a keeper ;D

I remember Enrique was linking up quite well with Suarez and was actually quite threatening going forward and pretty reliable at the back too. Trouble is, he's been out of the picture for so long now, would he be able to make the return in a team that is looking to get back to the top and where there is pressure? I have my doubts along with his lack of defensive consistency.

Or we could shove him in goal again, probably be better than Migs and wouldn't be the first time ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #963: Dec 01, 2015 12:07:40 am
      Or we could shove him in goal again, probably be better than Migs and wouldn't be the first time

That's a fair point! :D

Yeah with Suarez those little floated chips around the back of the full-back used to work a treat, looked to be really enjoying his footy too. Not putting the blame on Brendan but it seemed that his fallout coincided with him taking an awful long time to recover which side was mostly to blame I'm not sure but it has an odd feel about it that makes you think there's something we don't truly know.

Right now I'm suspicious that he's just after another contract and Moreno is developing well enough that I don't see him getting back in the side in any case but as a rest for Alberto then yeah it would be good to have that option.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #964: Dec 01, 2015 12:25:01 pm
      play him wed if he does ok then he deserves to fight for a new deal but somehow i just cant see him staying next summer which means what's the point in even having him around
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #965: Dec 30, 2015 03:49:59 pm

Quick Reply