Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jose Enrique (Contract Expired)

Read 156288 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Jose Enrique Player Thread
      Reply #966: Dec 30, 2015 04:02:44 pm

If it is true, it is the right decision.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #967: Jan 07, 2016 11:31:37 pm
      rumoured to be playing tomorrow at CB I am quite pleased he was a decent fullback for us
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #968: Jan 07, 2016 11:57:35 pm
      rumoured to be playing tomorrow at CB I am quite pleased he was a decent fullback for us

As the saying goes, desperate times call for desperate measures. Seems funny though that he gets played at CB sooner than he does at LB.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #969: Jan 08, 2016 12:09:27 am
      As the saying goes, desperate times call for desperate measures. Seems funny though that he gets played at CB sooner than he does at LB.

Not that funny mate.

Perhaps he's injuries have debilitated him to a sense where he has lost the speed and acceleration required to play full back.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #970: Jan 08, 2016 09:24:04 am
      Not that funny mate.

Perhaps he's injuries have debilitated him to a sense where he has lost the speed and acceleration required to play full back.

I thought he was a good option at left back and its over a year since he last played for us. I guess we will see tonight what he has got left after his terrible injuries
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #971: Jan 08, 2016 09:48:26 am

He has played in goal once hasn't he?

Just saying.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #972: Jan 08, 2016 10:23:51 am
      Not that funny mate.

I wasn't meaning funny in the usual context. Ivanovic, Zabaleta, Flanagan all play full back [when fit], I doubt he's slower than them.

Just saying.

Yes, I believe so.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #973: Jan 08, 2016 06:34:07 pm

Yup, it was a few years back at Newcastle, Pepe got sent off for headbutting someone and we had already used all our subs.  So Enrique went into goal.  It was only for the last few minutes of the game though.  I think he did actually have to make a save.

Anyway, I think Jose is getting a lot of unnecessary stick.  He was always a decent, solid LB when he played for us.  He wasn't the best going forward but at least he could defend---something which Moreno couldn't do if his life depended on it.  He's not a world-beater or anything but he's much better than people are giving him credit for.  People seem to assume that because a player doesn't play, he must be rubbish.  Not necessarily true.  Look at what happened to Maxi---he had scored, what, three hat tricks in a row at the end of the 2011 season?  then for whatever reason we brought in Downing and Maxi got benched.  It made no sense.

Rodgers didn't like Enrique, for whatever reason, so he got benched.  Then he got injured.  But there's nothing to suggest he's not good enough to be in the team.  Everyone has a go at him for his antics off the pitch, but it's not his fault Rodgers wouldn't play him. 

Anyway I think we need a serious upgrade at LB.  But let's not make out that Enrique is somehow so much worse than Moreno or any of our other options.  He's at least at the same level.  Still not good enough for a team wanting to challenge at the top but he's fine for now.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #974: Jan 08, 2016 06:39:26 pm
      Yup, it was a few years back at Newcastle, Pepe got sent off for headbutting someone and we had already used all our subs.  So Enrique went into goal.  It was only for the last few minutes of the game though.  I think he did actually have to make a save.

Anyway, I think Jose is getting a lot of unnecessary stick.  He was always a decent, solid LB when he played for us.  He wasn't the best going forward but at least he could defend---something which Moreno couldn't do if his life depended on it.  He's not a world-beater or anything but he's much better than people are giving him credit for.  People seem to assume that because a player doesn't play, he must be rubbish.  Not necessarily true.  Look at what happened to Maxi---he had scored, what, three hat tricks in a row at the end of the 2011 season?  then for whatever reason we brought in Downing and Maxi got benched.  It made no sense.

Rodgers didn't like Enrique, for whatever reason, so he got benched.  Then he got injured.  But there's nothing to suggest he's not good enough to be in the team.  Everyone has a go at him for his antics off the pitch, but it's not his fault Rodgers wouldn't play him. 

Anyway I think we need a serious upgrade at LB.  But let's not make out that Enrique is somehow so much worse than Moreno or any of our other options.  He's at least at the same level.  Still not good enough for a team wanting to challenge at the top but he's fine for now.

Kind of strange that you support Enrique in this manner but don't do the same for our captain.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #975: Jan 08, 2016 07:16:45 pm
      Kind of strange that you support Enrique in this manner but don't do the same for our captain.

Well first of all as I have said many times, writing "supportive" statements on a forum isn't really "supporting" a player---he doesn't even know or care that you are writing anything about him.  The only support that matters and that affects the players is the support at the actual games.  I was at the West Ham game and was very supportive of everyone. 

As for Henderson, there is clearly a difference between the praise he gets vs the praise Enrique gets.  To be honest I don't think Henderson is much better at his position than Enrique is at his own.  And yet Enrique gets slammed while Henderson gets praised.

Actually I don't think either of them is good enough to be at our club.  But I will stick up for Enrique who is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be, and I will call it as I see it with Henderson who isn't nearly as good as everyone makes him out to be.  And I'm sure if you go back through his thread you'll find that I'm not alone, you don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many other people point out that he is invisible more often than not, goes missing, etc etc.

Anyway, the problem is not Henderson and the problem is not Enrique.  The problem is the mediocrity and the acceptance of it by our supporters.  Rodgers infected the club with mediocrity and now Klopp needs to find a way to cure it. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #976: Jan 08, 2016 08:53:24 pm
      To be honest I don't think Henderson is much better at his position than Enrique is at his own. 

Hilarious.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #977: Jan 08, 2016 09:18:27 pm
      Well first of all as I have said many times, writing "supportive" statements on a forum isn't really "supporting" a player---he doesn't even know or care that you are writing anything about him.  The only support that matters and that affects the players is the support at the actual games.  I was at the West Ham game and was very supportive of everyone. 

As for Henderson, there is clearly a difference between the praise he gets vs the praise Enrique gets.  To be honest I don't think Henderson is much better at his position than Enrique is at his own.  And yet Enrique gets slammed while Henderson gets praised.

Actually I don't think either of them is good enough to be at our club.  But I will stick up for Enrique who is not nearly as bad as people make him out to be, and I will call it as I see it with Henderson who isn't nearly as good as everyone makes him out to be.  And I'm sure if you go back through his thread you'll find that I'm not alone, you don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many other people point out that he is invisible more often than not, goes missing, etc etc.

Anyway, the problem is not Henderson and the problem is not Enrique.  The problem is the mediocrity and the acceptance of it by our supporters.  Rodgers infected the club with mediocrity and now Klopp needs to find a way to cure it. 

Yeah, as usual, you are wrong on everything.

He's f***in sh*te. We need to be well rid of this lazy freeloading b***ard.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #978: Jan 08, 2016 10:28:12 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #979: Jan 08, 2016 10:54:05 pm
      I liked Enrique he was a no nosense type of player and a real terrier but sadly he is fooked its over time to call it a day.His injuries have robbed him of any pace he once had
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #980: Jan 08, 2016 10:56:52 pm
      I liked Enrique he was a no nosense type of player and a real terrier but sadly he is fooked its over time to call it a day.His injuries have robbed him of any pace he once had

Yep. I liked his as well and on top form he was a very good full back.

He's done though.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #981: Jan 08, 2016 11:25:11 pm
      Fair play to Enrique, I forgot he still existed!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #982: Jan 09, 2016 04:06:30 am
      Fair play to Enrique, I forgot he still existed!

Funny thing is, I'd have rather had Jose in net than Bog....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #983: Jan 09, 2016 05:54:37 am
      Yep his time at LFC has come to an end, go forth Jose and good luck in your future.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #984: Jan 09, 2016 06:54:12 am
      Was a decent servant but he is finished due to his injuries.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #985: Feb 02, 2016 09:56:25 am
      Newcastle are reported to have ended their interest in Enrique after discussions about the player's contract demands.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-transfers-how-deal-10821267
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #986: Feb 02, 2016 10:23:31 am
      Well his medical didn't go well and trying to eat a small boy wouldn't have helped.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #987: Feb 02, 2016 01:55:34 pm
      Fantastic left back before his injuries, not the same player anymore
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #988: Feb 02, 2016 06:59:55 pm