Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Football Manager 2012

Read 85516 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Football Manager 2012
      Aug 15, 2011 02:52:18 pm
      It's taken them a lot longer to start releasing the juicy details than in previous releases, but we finally have the intel.

Football Manager 2012 has been announced alongside plenty of details
      Here’s a list of all the main tweaks and improvements that will be coming this year:

Transfers and Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren’t prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.

Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report has been devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.

3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras – “Behind Goal” and “Director Cam” as well as all other camera angles being reversible – meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.

Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season – meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 6 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.

Intelligent Interface – a new adaptive layout system, which means the higher your screen resolution, the more info is easily at your fingertips. The new interface also contains new filters, customisable columns, a new tactics screen, and lots of new overview screens.

Brand New Tutorial – standing separate from the main game, a mode to help new players find their way around the game easily, whilst also offering tips to experienced managers on how to get the most out of the game, as well as a new in-game “how to” system.

http://beefjack.com/news/fm-2012-announced-say-goodbye-to-the-outside-world/

Nothing more than a few 'tweaks' & an updated squad? Contract negotiations sound boss, I always refused to give those money grabbing agents anything near of what they wanted. cu*ts.

Tone as well. It just felt half arsed with the type of fire that I wanted to instill in to my squad.

But I'll wait for the teasers to make my decision if I'll get it straight away, or not.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Re: Football Manager 2012
      Reply #1: Aug 15, 2011 04:59:50 pm
      FM12 Preview - Match Engine

FM12 Preview - Adaptable Layout

Why can't they add Trophie Celebrations?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2: Aug 15, 2011 09:24:32 pm
      Looking forward to it!

Football Manager 2012 has been announced alongside plenty of details
      Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season – meaning you don’t have to stay in the nations which are chosen by you to be playable at the start of your career.

I really like it. I regret the countries I choose at the start of the game very often.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3: Aug 15, 2011 09:34:37 pm
      Same, Diego. Definitely a great addition to the game.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4: Aug 15, 2011 09:51:36 pm
      I'm waiting for this huge differences and upgrades!! Same Diego for me ;)
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #5: Aug 15, 2011 11:29:28 pm
      Looking forward to it and of course the manage anywhere, anytime is a class addition as well
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #6: Sep 12, 2011 05:03:09 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7: Sep 12, 2011 05:32:12 pm
      Nice! Can't wait
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Sep 12, 2011 06:43:55 pm
      Sweet! Actually looking really forward to the new one!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #9: Sep 12, 2011 10:01:11 pm
      This bit sounds particularly good:

Tactic analysis gives you information on how you’ve fared when using specific tactics, with information on how many times you’ve started with those tactics, how many minutes you’ve used them, how many goals you’ve scored & how many you’ve conceded. As well as a breakdown for goals scored and conceded against different rankings of team – higher rated, similar rated and smaller rated. Along with a paragraph of analysis. For each tactic used.

Tactics faced gives you the same information, based on the tactics you’ve played against.

Next up is goal analysis – this shows you at what time in the game you have scored and conceded goals, and where your assists have come from, the types of goals you’ve scored and conceded, and the type of assist for or against you.

More tactical insight is great!
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #10: Sep 12, 2011 10:21:21 pm
      Looking forward to it!

I really like it. I regret the countries I choose at the start of the game very often.
      Class, all these additions look good, the only thing I've ever wated them to add, is to upgrade the trining
      I downloaded Championship Manager 11 and the best thing from the game was that you could take the training sessions and actually see it, shooting practice was the best as you'd see them get ayed off by someone and you could pick which players did what training and it was just really good.
      There was also the fitness and you could see them run around the pitch and do drills, then you could see who wasn't fit because they'd be behind the group running around the pitch etc
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #11: Sep 12, 2011 11:53:26 pm
      My goodness, these games have become a little more advanced since I last played Champ Manager 3 back in 2000 ;D
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #12: Sep 13, 2011 12:04:40 am
      Football manager 11 was the 1st game i played since football manager 08, i couldn't get used to it.

What i like about 11 is you can choose not to watch the real time match and revert back to the old player dots. Same with the classic tactics, i hope they keep these options as change isn't always good.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #13: Sep 13, 2011 12:05:27 am

You watch the whole match 90 mins...?
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #14: Sep 13, 2011 12:17:26 am
      You watch the whole match 90 mins...?
      No sorry. I meant actually watching the players, as if it was a real match. Like the video in the 2nd post.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #15: Sep 13, 2011 12:18:01 am
      oh I see... like fifa...

how long do they matches last though? can you see the flow of the game?
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #16: Sep 13, 2011 12:24:08 am
      oh I see... like fifa...

how long do they matches last though? can you see the flow of the game?
      Yeah like watching Fifa. But i prefer an option that came out for 2005-2008, which is a 2D option that has the players as circles in a birds eye view.

Games usually last 5-10 minutes.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #17: Sep 13, 2011 02:12:25 pm
      Yeah like watching Fifa. But I prefer an option that came out for 2005-2008, which is a 2D option that has the players as circles in a birds eye view.

Games usually last 5-10 minutes.

You know that's still in the game right? FM11, and almost certainly in 12.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #18: Sep 13, 2011 02:27:24 pm
      It does have that feature and always will. From the words of the creators.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Ingo
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Brazilian by birth, Scouser by choice :)
      Reply #20: Sep 13, 2011 09:07:27 pm
      Holy sh*t, they changed it completely. Looks amazing!
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #21: Sep 13, 2011 11:07:06 pm
      Looks awesome!
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #22: Sep 14, 2011 04:46:36 pm
      Anyone that wants to get into this game and doesn't find it easy

Here's your Tutorial:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/274582-FM12-blogs-Tutorials-(Video)?s=fe65fa2923e6800ffda7ed97d38ba272]

Quick Reply