Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Football Manager 2012

Read 85510 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Football Manager 2012
      Reply #851: Jul 26, 2012 01:25:06 pm
      Resigned and went to Crawley who got relegated to L2.

On my first save, Crawley got promoted back to L1 at the first attempt (not under my control!) so you have no excuse  :P
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #852: Jul 26, 2012 01:58:58 pm
      Nick Blackman and Elliott Lee - i salute you! Tanks up front for me.

Looks like it'll be a walk in the park. They actually have some money which surprised me. Didn't sign anyone but got a lot of good frees and some loans.

EDIT: As i say that, we go down 1-0 to Oxford at home and Blackman gets taken off in a stretcher.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #853: Jul 26, 2012 10:05:43 pm
      Had pablo piatti want more regular fir.ist team games.  My bloody midfield is a heavy rotation,  2cms and 2 wingers.  Wingers are a 5 player rotation, cms have to have at least 7. 

No one else has complained,  but I'm sure I can get someone to pay 15m for him if I have to get rid of him.  Only paid 4.7m for him.

In 3rd season, do I sell glen johnson for 18m??  Just signed montoya from barcelona.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #854: Jul 27, 2012 12:05:35 am
      Had pablo piatti want more regular fir.ist team games.  My bloody midfield is a heavy rotation,  2cms and 2 wingers.  Wingers are a 5 player rotation, cms have to have at least 7. 

No one else has complained,  but I'm sure I can get someone to pay 15m for him if I have to get rid of him.  Only paid 4.7m for him.

In 3rd season, do I sell glen johnson for 18m??  Just signed montoya from barcelona.

I always sell Johnson after a bit, can get in equally as good if not better players much cheaper! (I signed Kyle Walker on my liverpool save for about 3 million and ended up selling him 4 years later for 22mill)
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #855: Jul 27, 2012 07:53:16 am
      I was looking at walker, got him in a old game for about the same price.   Right now though, would cost what I'd make from johnson.

Fans and the board love montoya right now,  I just hate how all the good regens go straight to scum, barce, real.  Problem to sign any, and the board won't improve my youth facilities.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #856: Jul 27, 2012 09:15:10 am
      I've found most of my regens in more obscure leagues in Eastern Europe or by randomly looking through clubs and finding gems.

Most of the regens the big clubs buy fail to be better than Chamionship quality.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #857: Jul 27, 2012 05:05:31 pm
      4 out of 5 strikers out injured now.  My reserves are not ready for sure, had to bring up pacheo and a 16 yr old regen.  Hopefully I can get lucky with a week of internationals and get a couple back.  or it will be about 2-3 weeks of hell.  At least I have a 9 point lead.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #858: Aug 03, 2012 08:55:33 am
      Saved my Wigan career over my Liverpool save! F**k sake.

Deleted everything in spite of the game.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #859: Aug 15, 2012 03:46:03 pm
      Just can't seem to get into any of my saves, on the Southampton save I'm 1st in the prem in my second season by about 5 points, 30 January.

On my on Liverpool save, I've built a fine team and cut the wage bill in half. Done the quadruple on the previous season.

Just tried making a new Liverpool save but I'm starting to look at the same players i bought on the other Liverpool save, which is boring.

Don't like Italy (1 foriegn player per season), bored of the prem, bored of Spain, might have to be France. An to top it of, i can't update my game because it's not legit.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #860: Aug 15, 2012 05:58:17 pm
      Love my Brighton save. We've just won the league in 2016, back to back CL semi finals. We're in monster financial shape and our facilities are being upgraded once again.

Can't imagine topping the league as quick as you did crag. Did you use the 48 month pay term thing?
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #861: Aug 15, 2012 06:12:10 pm
      Started a Liverpool save. Sold skrtel to city for 15m straight away and brought vertonghen for 12m. Played 4-2-3-1 but strugled in the league. Board threatened to sack me once. Then on january window signed yarmelonko for 10m. Terrific player. Excellent work rate. Scored 10 goals. Brought rafinha for 3m from barca. Got 4th position through a last match thriller.
      Real came for rafinha, i asked di maria in exchange.
      Got 17 assists for di maria.Reached CL qf and got knocked out by BVB. We certainly lack a profilic goal scorer. Board arranged 45m transfer fund and signed damiao for 28m. Reached CL final next season.

anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #862: Aug 15, 2012 06:14:23 pm
      I tried agger at at striker role.
      when i was leading by about 2 goals , i subbed agger for suarez to play at striker role and he scored two goals ;D. He got composure 18 . Tried him there once more as a defensive forward and he scored again ;D.

Now planning to try carrol at CB in coming pre season . ;D
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #863: Aug 16, 2012 01:33:35 am
      Started a Liverpool save. Sold skrtel to city for 15m straight away and brought vertonghen for 12m. Played 4-2-3-1 but strugled in the league. Board threatened to sack me once. Then on january window signed yarmelonko for 10m. Terrific player. Excellent work rate. Scored 10 goals. Brought rafinha for 3m from barca. Got 4th position through a last match thriller.
      Real came for rafinha, i asked di maria in exchange.
      Got 17 assists for di maria.Reached CL qf and got knocked out by BVB. We certainly lack a profilic goal scorer. Board arranged 45m transfer fund and signed damiao for 28m. Reached CL final next season.

I always keep Skrtel for a season or two, his sale value after that goes above 20m. 1st thing i do every Liverpool save is sell Agger, 22m atleast everytime to city. + Skrtel is better than Agger on the game IMO. Defenders like Astori, Biyik, Benatia, Mbiwa, Kara, Rakitski can all be bought for a fraction of that 22m, and do the job better.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #864: Aug 16, 2012 07:46:01 am
      Usually skrtels value decreases as season goes. Agger is terrific player in the game, only prob is his frequent injuries. Now that kelly had developed into a good player , i sold agger at the age of 30 for 22.5m plus 8.5m after 30 games to city. ;D
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #865: Aug 16, 2012 04:20:21 pm
      Usually skrtels value decreases as season goes. Agger is terrific player in the game, only prob is his frequent injuries. Now that kelly had developed into a good player , i sold agger at the age of 30 for 22.5m plus 8.5m after 30 games to city. ;D

Never rated him to be honest, always let me down. His stats are poor and as you stated he's always injured.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #866: Aug 16, 2012 08:47:22 pm
      Always price City out of it :(

Want 25 but they offer 22 max. Never learn :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #867: Aug 16, 2012 09:15:11 pm
      Board have just granted a new 73,000 seat stadium, got to wait until June 2018 for it to be finished though, only 2016 at the moment.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #868: Aug 20, 2012 07:28:15 pm
      Started a new game yesterday all fully up to date,

Spurs offered me Modric for £23m so I spent my whole budget on him, I would usually play a 4-3-2-1....

---------------------Reina---------------------

Johnson-----Skrtel-----Agger-----Enrique

-------Gerrard----Lucas------Allen---------

--------------------Modric---------------------

------Carroll/Borini-----Suarez-------------

HOWEVER,

Just downloaded a 4-6-0 formation which is pretty mental so i'm experimenting with this

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #869: Aug 21, 2012 11:49:04 pm
      Decided to do something different. I'm manager of Tromso (most northerly top flight football club in the world - 200 odd miles above the Arctic Circle - take a look on google images. It looks a beautiful place!) in the Norwegian League and I'm doing well. Start my career in July so naturally because this is Norway the season runs from March  to November. Couple of months in I draw Roma in the Europa League 4th qualifying round. Half time in the first leg at home and I'm a goal down thanks to a Totti beauty. But I've played well and the team are holding their own! Tell the players they have been unlucky and amazingly Tromso go on to beat the mighty Roma 3-1 going into the second leg. Has to be noted while man for man not the strongest team in the Norwegian League Tromso are blessed with two absolutely quality young midfielders in Kara and Yttegard-Jenssen. The tough job will be trying to hold on to the both of them.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #870: Aug 22, 2012 03:49:31 pm
      Started a new game yesterday all fully up to date,

Spurs offered me Modric for £23m so I spent my whole budget on him, I would usually play a 4-3-2-1....

---------------------Reina---------------------

Johnson-----Skrtel-----Agger-----Enrique

-------Gerrard----Lucas------Allen---------

--------------------Modric---------------------

------Carroll/Borini-----Suarez-------------

HOWEVER,

Just downloaded a 4-6-0 formation which is pretty mental so i'm experimenting with this

That formation look horrible ;D
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #871: Aug 22, 2012 07:00:14 pm
      Haha it's incredible,

Get AT LEAST 65% possession, Joe Allen is immense in it, scores plenty of goals and completes at least 80 passes per game
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #872: Aug 26, 2012 09:10:39 am
      Imeant the 4-6-0 formation, never quoted it correctly
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #873: Aug 29, 2012 03:36:09 am
      Currently managing Liverpool, 3-4 games into my 3rd season. Borini is a boss. Got him for 7.5m, and play him as Trequartista and he's scored 37 goals in 22 starts and 13 sub appearances. So far I've won the league, FA cup, League Cup all once, and the Charity Shield twice.

This is my current squad:

Keepers; Reina, Butland, Gulasci
      Right Backs; Kelly, Flanagan
      Left Backs; Entique, Robinson
      Central Defense; Agger (Vice Captain), Skrtel, Coates, Caulker, Carragher (player-coach)
      Central Mid; Lucas, Martinez, Henderson, Allen
      Attacking Mid; Cavani, Gerrard (Captain), Hazard, Jovetic, Cuenca, Tello, Shelvey, Suso, Kagawa, Eriksen, Sterling
      Striker; Suarez, Borini

Agger likely to take over captaincy next season.

My formation:

Sweeper
      Wing Back; Limited Def.; Ball Playing Def.; Wing Back
      Ball Winning Mid.; Deep Lying Playmaker
      Inside Forward; Advance Playmaker; Inside Forward
      Trequartista

Quick Reply