Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Watching Old Football Games Online

Read 9063 times
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Watching Old Football Games Online
      May 11, 2011 03:28:44 pm
      Hey folks! I had never started a thread on the forum til yesterday and now...bang...two in two days!  ;D

Anyways what I was wondering is does anybody know of a good website where you can watch old football games online, Liverpool and others? I've taken to reading a lot of autobiographies of footballers lately and as I'm reading about certain games I think to myself "I'd love to watch that game now!" I'd love to be able to watch old Liverpool games and being Irish, I'd love to watch some of the games from Italia 90 and USA 94 etc. too. If anyone knows of a website I'd be grateful!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Watching Old Football Games Online
      Reply #1: May 11, 2011 07:46:44 pm
      Hey mate, try this forum:

http://www.fbtz.com/

I'm not sure if registration is allowed at the moment (can't check as I am at work now). The last time I sent this website to a friend, he couldn't register.

Well anyway, it has a very big 'classic matches' section to download (not watching online though). I'm a member there since 2005 and have downloaded countless football matches. I have every World Cup final since 1954 and every European Cup final since 1961, for example. I used to have even more stuff, especially Liverpool and Flamengo matches, but my HD crashed a few months ago and I lost nearly everything (which taught me a lesson: always have a backup of your files). I'm trying to recover them at the moment, but my internet isn't the world's fastest so it takes time.

Sorry if it's closed for registration but in case you want any particular matches badly, I could still try getting the links to you from there.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2: May 11, 2011 07:49:23 pm
      Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3: May 11, 2011 08:16:37 pm
      Oh crap. Sorry.

But as I said, just name the match you want and I'll try to find it in the forum, then give you the links (if they're still working). Games are usually uploaded on websites such as megaupload and rapidshare.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4: May 11, 2011 08:28:42 pm
      Any chance of finding the '66 world cup final Diego?  :D

I've never actually seen the whole thing and would love to see it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: May 11, 2011 08:39:54 pm
      Sure mate, I'll try to get you the links when I'm at home later tonight.

I'll probably send you by PM though cause I'm not sure if this kind of content is legal and we don't want to put the forum in any kind of trouble ;D
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #6: May 11, 2011 09:07:23 pm
      Thanks Diego!! Wouldn't let me register either! Really the main games I'm looking for are all of Liverpool's European cup finals (with the exception of 2005..which I have on a worn out DVD!!) and maybe that 4-3 win against Newcastle where Stan Collymore actually looked good for a while! In terms of Ireland I was looking for the 1-0 win over England in 88, the 1-1 draw with Netherlands in 1990 and the game that we were drawing 1-1 with Spain and got put out on penalties in 2002....for starters!! Do you know when that website will be open for registration again?? Thanks for your help mate, I appreciate it!  ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7: May 12, 2011 01:05:21 am
      Sent you guys PM's with the links. ;)

And I have no idea when the forum will be open for registration again, but I'll see if I find any information there.
      Lfc07
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #8: Oct 19, 2011 07:12:20 am
      Is there anywhere I can get the Liverpool vs. Everton 1986 FA Cup Final online?

Quick Reply