Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What team should we be playing in the League Cup?

Kids
      (3%)
      Kids and First Team Fringe Players
      (50%)
      First Team and First Team Fringe
      (36.6%)
      The First Team
      (10.4%)

Exeter City v Liverpool pre-match thread (League Cup 2nd Round, Wed 24th)

Read 13267 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Exeter City v Liverpool pre-match thread (League Cup 2nd Round, Wed 24th)
      Reply #115: Aug 24, 2011 02:14:13 pm
      Sounds like a really strong squad then
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #116: Aug 24, 2011 02:38:48 pm
      Full squad: Reina, Doni, Wilson, Carra, Adam, Sterling, Shelvey, Skrtel, Flanagan, Enrique, Meireles, Suarez, Carroll, Maxi, Henderson, Kuyt, Downing, Spearing.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,668 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #117: Aug 24, 2011 02:42:46 pm

Full squad:
      Reina, Doni
       Wilson, Carra, Skrtel, Flanagan, Enrique,
      Adam, Sterling, Shelvey, Meireles, Maxi, Henderson, Kuyt, Downing, Spearing
      Suarez, Carroll,

That's a great mix for the squad.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Reply #118: Aug 24, 2011 02:44:59 pm
      Maybe go in and change my prediction now. ;)
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #119: Aug 24, 2011 02:48:36 pm
      No Coady or Wisdom?
      No Jack Robinson, huh?
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #120: Aug 24, 2011 02:50:25 pm
      Full squad:
      Reina, Doni
      Suarez, Carroll,

From that i'd go for:
      Doni
      Flanagan   Carra   Skrtel   Enrique
      Henderson   Meireles   Spearing   Sterling
      Suarez   Kuyt

That should be easily enough to rip them apart.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,668 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #121: Aug 24, 2011 02:52:27 pm
                            Doni
       Flanagan, Wilson, Skrtel, Enrique,
                     Adam, Spearing
           Henderson, Meireles, Maxi
                          Carroll

Surely that would be good enough to get a win, with Reina, Carra, Kuyt, Downing, Suarez, Shelvey, Suarez on the bench we have all the options to win the game.
      Maybe
                To make win
                comfortable
      Skrtel    -   Carra   
      Meireles -   Kuyt
      Carroll   -   Suarez

Or bring on Shelvey and Spearing if all is going well and we can give them a run out.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #122: Aug 24, 2011 02:54:07 pm
                            Doni
       Flanagan, Wilson, Skrtel, Enrique,
                     Adam, Spearing
           Henderson, Meireles, Maxi
                          Carroll

Surely that would be good enough to get a win, with Reina, Carra, Kuyt, Downing, Suarez, Shelvey, Suarez on the bench we have all the options to win the game.
      Maybe
                To make win
                comfortable
      Skrtel    -   Carra   
      Meireles -   Kuyt
      Carroll   -   Suarez

Or bring on Shelvey and Spearing if all is going well and we can give them a run out.

Spearing will definetely start IMO.
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #123: Aug 24, 2011 03:45:27 pm
      If we start Suarez against Exeter having left him on the bench against Arsenal I might cry.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,668 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #124: Aug 24, 2011 03:45:52 pm
      If we start Suarez against Exeter having left him on the bench against Arsenal I might cry.
      Why?

Did we lose the Arsenal game?
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #125: Aug 24, 2011 03:49:20 pm
      Why?

Did we lose the Arsenal game?

Well tbf we didn't look like scoring till they went down to 10 and brought Suarez on, but I take your point.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #126: Aug 24, 2011 03:51:01 pm
      Damn that squad is strong and sexy looking. Poor Exeter.

Brb, Fifa.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #127: Aug 24, 2011 04:04:14 pm

Read Kenny's post match comments about Suarez re: the Arsenal game where he explains why he did not start the lad on Saturday.

I hope Suarez starts as another 60 mins would do him good.

Am chuffed to see we're taking a strong squad. I see a few have Sterling starting the match but i'd rather the lad comes on in the last 30 when the game is a little more stretched and their lads have a few tired legs. That's always the best way to blood young players I think.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #128: Aug 24, 2011 04:07:29 pm
      This game isn't just about winning it seems, but also getting the players fitness levels up.

A good run out for those short on match fitness, or needing to settle into the team will do them the world of good.

Should be a fairly comfortable win.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #129: Aug 24, 2011 04:07:41 pm
      Looking like a nice strong squad with a good mix of players in there....KD taking it seriously.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #130: Aug 24, 2011 04:08:05 pm
      So only Kelly, Agger and Lucas are getting a complete rest it seems.

Happy with that. Lucas played 2 90 minute games with little pre-season so rest him for Bolton. No point risking Agger in this one either. Chance for Skrtel to regain match fitness. And Kelly got through 90 minutes for the first time in a while so resting him sounds good.

Hope to see Sterling play but apart from that I say play the first team completely (everyone that's travelled that is).

Missing this one as it's not being shown in Portugal so a bit disappointed, still hope to read about an easy win on here after the game. ;)

I'll go 4-0. Carroll, Maxi, Suarez and Spearing with the goals.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #131: Aug 24, 2011 04:12:32 pm
      So only Kelly, Agger and Lucas are getting a complete rest it seems.

Happy with that. Lucas played 2 90 minute games with little pre-season so rest him for Bolton. No point risking Agger in this one either. Chance for Skrtel to regain match fitness. And Kelly got through 90 minutes for the first time in a while so resting him sounds good.

Hope to see Sterling play but apart from that I say play the first team completely (everyone that's travelled that is).

Missing this one as it's not being shown in Portugal so a bit disappointed, still hope to read about an easy win on here after the game. ;)

I'll go 4-0. Carroll, Maxi, Suarez and Spearing with the goals.

Would love Spearing to score.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #132: Aug 24, 2011 04:14:26 pm
      Im going 5-1.

Carroll (2), Maxi, Suarez + Hendo
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #133: Aug 24, 2011 04:19:57 pm
      I'm going to stick with 4-0
      MsGerrard
      Reply #134: Aug 24, 2011 04:25:48 pm
      To be honest, any win will do me.
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #135: Aug 24, 2011 04:34:51 pm
      Read Kenny's post match comments about Suarez re: the Arsenal game where he explains why he did not start the lad on Saturday.

I hope Suarez starts as another 60 mins would do him good.

Am chuffed to see we're taking a strong squad. I see a few have Sterling starting the match but I'd rather the lad comes on in the last 30 when the game is a little more stretched and their lads have a few tired legs. That's always the best way to blood young players I think.

Fair enough I hadn't read that. I wasn't expecting him to start against Sunderland and agree it was too early to bring him in. So I can understand why he was left out against Arsenal.

However what I cannot understand is why he would start against Exeter. What has changed in 5 days? Give the guy a rest, if he needs a rest.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #136: Aug 24, 2011 04:36:26 pm
      Full squad:
      Reina, Doni
      Suarez, Carroll,

That's a great mix for the squad.

Agreed, its nice to see the likes of Sterling among the names of Downing, Meireles, Adam, and Kuyt. I have a feeling Sterling is going to see some action....if not start.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #137: Aug 24, 2011 04:39:40 pm
      Fair enough I hadn't read that. I wasn't expecting him to start against Sunderland and agree it was too early to bring him in. So I can understand why he was left out against Arsenal.

However what I cannot understand is why he would start against Exeter. What has changed in 5 days? Give the guy a rest, if he needs a rest.

He only got 20 mins at the weekend so it makes sense to give him some more time on the pitch tonight. Also, he's been back in training for a couple of weeks now so hopefully the minutes tonight will have him pretty much back up to full speed ahead of the Bolton game at the weekend.

Quick Reply